so its not a thyroid problem

Options
2»

Replies

• mitchet
    mitchet Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    how many doctors have you gone to about your thyroid? if only one, get a second, even a third opinion. check out the site: www.stopthethyroidmadness.com for more info, best site out there! if you also have PCOS, it could be that, even if your fasting insulin levels are normal. (i am hypo + PCOS so i know!). but don't give up. DM me if you want to chat more!
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

Obesity doesn't happen because people consumed a bunch of fat air. It happens because an individual is consuming more calories than he or she can burn in a day. If you're already doing everything under the sun correct, then all is left is to be patient. The weight will come off in time. The majority of people that I know that aren't losing weight aren't logging consistently. They close their diaries, and then snack all night. It's probably going to be better to make an appointment with a nutritionist if you still can't lose weight.

Oh yeah, you've already mentioned that you never had to use a food scale to lose weight before. Guess what? After you've lost the major weight, it gets really hard because you become leaner, and you have to tighten up your diet. That's why I said something about the scale.
    [/quote]

I will have to take those suggestions into consideration...you may be right maybe now is the time to get more professional help and see what else I can do to be proactive in my diet. I know with having PCOS many nutritionalists have no idea that for me it is about 10 times harder than an average person to lose weight but it is still doable so I don't want that to be my fall back excuse. I just don't know why now it is NOTHING for a month....at the very least I should see some ups and downs in the results.

Most days I am doing almost an hour of exercise and really pushing it and then staying honest throughout the day with charting. I just want some validation of that work.
  • runjill
    runjill Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I total agree with you. For a long time I was doing runs and wasn't loosing weight. I gave myself the excuss that I worked out so if I did cheet it was okay because I worked out anyway. This is not true. I don't feel that at first you can eat back all of you workout calories. You should go too low but you however do need to watch all calories that you put into your body. This time on my weight loss journy I am trying to keep this in mind. Too many times we want to blame our thyroid instead of looking at us and EVERTHING we eat. Thank you for bringing this point out.
  • motv8ed
    motv8ed Posts: 13
    Options
    bump
  • taralynn06
    taralynn06 Posts: 13
    Options
    Actually i haven't been diagnosed with PCOS and have never heard anything from my doctor about it... I am going back to see her june 3rd so we will see what she says... she is having me chart everything i do (exercise) and eat as well as my daily weight hopefully i can figure this thing out...