? for Fitness_Chick :)

Options
Ok I just read on the "water weight" thread about how you've heard it said and kind of stick to yourself, that we should drink about 1/2 our body weight in water...? Hmmm, for ME thats alot of water! lol. I right now weigh 298 and that would be 149 oz a day of water for me! Is that right? I generally try to drink about 124 oz of water a day, but even that has been alot for me to get in in a day lately:blushing: The thing is...you have done sooo well and lost so much weight, I tend to take what you say VERY seriously lol. Not that I dont listen to what others say on here, because I do:smile: , but for me its like when Fitness_Chick speaks, I listen!!:happy: Please advise on the water situation for me...:blushing:

~Roni

Replies

• Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Ok I just read on the "water weight" thread about how you've heard it said and kind of stick to yourself, that we should drink about 1/2 our body weight in water...? Hmmm, for ME thats alot of water! lol. I right now weigh 298 and that would be 149 oz a day of water for me! Is that right? I generally try to drink about 124 oz of water a day, but even that has been alot for me to get in in a day lately:blushing: The thing is...you have done sooo well and lost so much weight, I tend to take what you say VERY seriously lol. Not that I dont listen to what others say on here, because I do:smile: , but for me its like when Fitness_Chick speaks, I listen!!:happy: Please advise on the water situation for me...:blushing:

~Roni
  • happy_feet
    happy_feet Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ow...we all :heart: Fitness_Chick!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

That's the truth!! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:
  • saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I've actually heard the same thing about drinking half your body weight in water. Seems like a lot, but I do best when I get close to that amount of water in...
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Hrm, I am also concerned. :ohwell: I drink 64oz a day, like suggested - but I should be drinking closer to 100oz. Crap thats a lota water. :noway:

Fitness_Chick, we need you! :flowerforyou:
  • little_wolfie
    Options
    Half my body weight?! I already have to pee every 5 minutes!!! :laugh:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Ok...sending this back to the top for Fitness_Chick:smile:
    Where oh where are youuuuu Fitness_Chick???:laugh: WE NEED YOU IN HERE!!:happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Ok...sending this back to the top for Fitness_Chick:smile:
    Where oh where are youuuuu Fitness_Chick???:laugh: WE NEED YOU IN HERE!!:happy:
    Oh how on earth did I miss this thread???

I'm on my way out the door to workout, when I get back home I'll address this thread.........

in the meantime....let's us all a drink:drinker: and then another :drinker: and then another:drinker: ....

I go by that method of 1/2 your body weight...it works for me, do I ALWAYS get it ALL in each day? no, but I try my very best....in the Summer, no problem...now that it's much colder...I have to really push myself.

I say...do the very best you can just as you do with your eating plan....and don't beat yourself up when you don't get all your water in.... it's a goal to set....there are some that only drink a couple of cups of water a day....so for those I say...push hard to get at least another glass in each day and work up to 8, some may never be able to reach 1/2 their body weight if they struggle to drink water in general.

Noni....I DO understand it seems like alot....because I'm drinking more than you....so I do understand it seems like alot.........but it sure feels good to drink my water..

oops...I said I was leaving, now I am....I'll catch up more when I get back, promise!!:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    you silly girl you! I'm so gonna miss you...:sad:
  • Nonibug
    Options
    Thanks for the advice:heart: From what Ive gathered in my couple months of being here and reading as many posts as I can...YOU are the "Water Queen":wink: I do love my water too, more than I ever thought I would:happy: Im gonna do my best to drink more, more, more!:drinker:
    P.S. I am always sooo amazed and inspired by your ticker:blushing:
    ~Roni
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Thanks for the advice:heart: From what Ive gathered in my couple months of being here and reading as many posts as I can...YOU are the "Water Queen":wink: I do love my water too, more than I ever thought I would:happy: Im gonna do my best to drink more, more, more!:drinker:
    P.S. I am always sooo amazed and inspired by your ticker:blushing:
    ~Roni
    I only weigh like once a month or so...we'll see what happens to my ticker today....:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I've been doing great with the food water and my workouts and keepign my stress low.......so I'm hoping for a good weigh in at the gym, if I quit posting and actually GET there this morning....good thing Weds has a boatload of classes all in row so I actually make it to a couple. :huh: :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words Noni:smooched: ...it was water that got me going on the day at the very beginning last year when my weight loss began when other things hadn't clicked in yet....drinkin drinkin drinkin water that is...and that seemed to be my first step toward many more steps of success.:drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I only weigh like once a month or so...we'll see what happens to my ticker today....:bigsmile:

I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE!!! :bigsmile:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    Oh!!!! Best of luck, Fitness_Chick - on your weigh-in today! How exciting!

Can't wait to see your news! Such an inspiration!! :heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Oh!!!! Best of luck, Fitness_Chick - on your weigh-in today! How exciting!

Can't wait to see your news! Such an inspiration!! :heart:
    thanks!!:blushing: :flowerforyou:

I did weigh at the gym and felt pretty good about it.....

Heading to bed now but wanted to bump this into my topics to catch up with it Thursday.

Hope you're all well:drinker: :bigsmile: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :laugh:
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    Wow, awesome!!! If I remember right, your ticker this morning was 186 lbs...... so you've lost another 12 lbs?! That is fantastic!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!! I can't imagine how it feels to be SO close to -200 lbs. GREAT JOB!
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Options
    Fitness Chick, Your such an inspiration! I wish I had the stamina you have had in this!!!

Regarding the water though,

I was told by my doctor that drinking too much water could eventually poison your system. I am a huge water freak and I drink almost 100 oz a day. I am 6'1 and weighed about 300 at the time and he told me that I was killing myself with all that water.

I would suggest consulting with your doctors before drinking so much water.
  • Nonibug
    Options
    I have heard of water poisoning...but I was under the impression that it only was an issue IF you drink all that (like 100 ozs) ALL IN ONE SITTING. Spread out throughout the day, I cant possibly see how it would be poisoning your system???:noway:

BTW-Way to go Fitness_Chick on your great loss!!!:drinker: :drinker:

~Roni
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I took a weight training class in college (for my PE requirement), and the one thing he told us that has stuck with me almost 10 years later....the first thing you should do every morning is drink a glass of water! :drinker:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    Wow, awesome!!! If I remember right, your ticker this morning was 186 lbs...... so you've lost another 12 lbs?! That is fantastic!!!! WAY TO GO!!!!!! I can't imagine how it feels to be SO close to -200 lbs. GREAT JOB!

YAY FITNESS_CHICK!!!! RAH RAH RAH, SIS BOOM BAH! GOOOOOOOO FITNESS_CHICK!!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Way to go Fitness_Chick!! :bigsmile: You are such an inspiration! :bigsmile: