My 77 pound weight loss journey

Options
2»

Replies

• jiigglybutt
    jiigglybutt Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    You have such a beautiful figure!! And your weight loss is amazing! You look wonderful!! You need to look at these pictures and be VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF!!! You are definitely an inspiration for me!!
  • mkadar66
    mkadar66 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Outstanding....remember your goals are set by you and for you. Keep going til you feel your are done! You look great!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    qwertymmii wrote: »
    You have worked hard and it shows. What if you did an inventory of what you lost too? Pain in knees, back, feet? What have you gained? Energy, stamina, not denying yourself that walk up 2 flights of stairs because you could not do it before? Think about what this journey has brought to you. When you started you wanted to be thin and since you have accomplished so much it is time to challenge yourself even more. What was totally out of your comfort zone before that you never even let yourself believe you could do? Dancing lessons? A sport? A part in a play? Volunteer at a children's center? Get out there and find that thing that you didn't even know that you wanted because of the boundaries we all place on ourselves when we "Can't" because of our weight.

What an excellent idea - to take an inventory of
    reasons you wanted to lose weight in the first place.
    As @qwertymmii shared think about what you can do NOW
    that you were in too much pain to do or to depressed to do before the WL.

Another thing I highly suggest is volunteering with kids, or older adults,
    you'll get so lost in enjoying yourself and making them laugh and smile
    the very last thing on your mind will be feeling fat or worrying about this or that.

We can all cheer and say congrats to you after seeing your hard work in photos
    but it's you that's got to see the change from within and only then will it become
    visible to you on the outside.

Losing weight is messy, it feels great, it's not easy but we can all do it but it's working
    on the inside along the way that's the hardest part. I think much harder than dropping
    the pounds even.

See if you can enjoy the New You not seeing flaws but perhaps taking one body part at a time
    that you used to really struggle with mentally... and really focus on the changes. It will take
    some time but it's all part of the process of changing who we are from the inside out.

Did you happen to save any large clothes? Sometimes holding them up or laying them on the
    bed with a matching set can do wonders for our vision of the changes our bodies have made.

One last thought...why not take a break on deciding if you want/need to drop any more lbs.
    I think you have a lot of work ahead of you seeing who you've already become, continuing to
    lose right now may only confuse you more. Nothing wrong with doing maintenance for a bit.

It's keeping it off that is the read work. That's why the above is so very important..really taking
    a hard look at ourselves and the healthy bodies we're now in!

You've done well! Take good care! <3
  • pearsol50
    pearsol50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    good job
  • IAmTheGlue
    IAmTheGlue Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Seriously, your mom is trying to say don't lose any more so you don't lose your curves. Good job!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    You're beautiful! You've done an amazing job!
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Do not listen to your Mother!!! They mean well but havent a clue..you lose until you feel comfortable and it taked 4 weeks for our minds to catch up with our bodies..if you want to lose more, lose more, the only reason people say your too skinny is because they dont know what healthy is and also are used to seeing you fat...my WHOLE family is the same way and although outwardly supportive I never take them for serious clothes shopping because my Mom chooses fat clothes and says I look great.
  • chrissies_world
    Options
    Wow!! This is awesome.
  • OBXgirl130
    OBXgirl130 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • lovelypen50
    lovelypen50 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    you look Awesome......
  • CandyMonster160
    CandyMonster160 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Nice work!
  • millermkarate
    millermkarate Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You truly look amazing!!! Great job working hard and sticking to a goal. Remember how far you have come and keep congratulating yourself on accomplishing something very difficult! Not everyone is successful when they try to lose weight and become healthier but you were determined and you were successful! Your self-esteem will continue to build and your confidence will grow. The pics are a great reminder of how far you have come and you should be so very proud! Congratulations again you look beautiful and healthy :)
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done! Congrats! :)
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    We are our own worst critics. I think you look beautiful...the perfect blend of fit and curvy. You need to truly see yourself through other's eyes right now. What is the ideal weight range for your height and age? If you are within that range...then you hit the jackpot.
  • erockem
    erockem Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Stunning.
  • Cherrypie327
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for sharing! You have inspired me now!! You look awesome and beautiful! Can you share what you have done? :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!