looking for friends that work out with pain

Options
Hi I'm Cat, 53 , and am looking to loose at least 50.
I'm experiencing chronic pain and would like to have friends who are like wise

Replies

• Kat692015
    Options
    Hey I'm live with fibro,OA and pain is a daily thing for me... I'll friend you
  • AlisonTheNerd
    AlisonTheNerd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have fibro as well. I'm in the worst flare of my life and my medication completely skewed my metabolism. I'm with you!
  • Allilaloca
    Allilaloca Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have disabling migraines daily, dizziness, nausea, joint/muscle pain and need to lose at least 60, would appreciate any of you friending me, too!
  • badwolf4
    badwolf4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm with Allilaloca on this one (chronic severe migraines), I've lost 57lbs and looking to lose 10lbs more. Would really love understanding friends!
  • dbarlipmiller
    dbarlipmiller Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Dana I have Chronic Pain,Late stage Lyme Disease, migraines, the list goes on. I am trying to eat healthier and lose weight. Would love Friends that understand the troubles associated with Chronic Pain.
  • pawp11
    pawp11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi. Recent fibro diagnosis, as well as arthritis caused from an accident in 2007. I, too, suffer from migraines as well as trigeminal neuralgia flare ups.
  • minijump21
    minijump21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose around 60 pounds and I'm living with Lupus. I understand completely.
  • Catgl50
    Catgl50 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Cat. I'm 47 and I have RA and nerve damage. I need to lose about 50 lbs on limited exercise ability.
  • zymurgea
    zymurgea Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have Trigeminal Neuralgia and still need to lose another 20-30 pounds. I've been on a ketogenic diet since September. No hunger and no real need to exercise on this woe (way of eating). There is also a lot of research on how this diet can help several medical conditions.

You can find numerous videos and articles on ketogenic diets on the web and YouTube.

This past Monday was my SSDI hearing. TN sucks.
  • cjones95928
    Options
    I am Christie 40 and need to lose 100 pounds. I have severe sciatic pain. I will friend you
  • akdutton2013
    Options
    My name's Amanda and I'm about to be 37, have been diagnosed with RA, chronic migraines and fibro, and am about 10 years out from gastric bypass, so I am not allowed to take the pain medication I often need. Pain is the reason I have started doing yoga. My rheumatologist recommended it. Connecting to others that understand the struggle and can support each other would be fantastic.
  • Suegeee
    Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    This is great. I've been wanting a group who lives with pain so can't really exercise much. I'm Sue, I've got chronic pain from herniated discs and sciatica. Movement is hard, so I'm trying to lost by counting calories. It's going really well, considering. The only time I've gotten the side effect from a medication: "loss of appetite" woo hoo! It has given my the kick start I need. I've lost 10 pounds in 6 weeks. I look forward to being in this group!
  • Suegeee
    Suegeee Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Oh, do we need to friend each other, or does this work like a forum?
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I've had a bad right knee for years and I haven't figured out why it will sometimes go months without hurting then all of a sudden the pain is excruciating for awhile. I know I can't stay seated for very long without it hurting. I guess I just have to keep moving! Though that sometimes makes it hurt the next day.
  • Myrnlvr
    Myrnlvr Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Emily, just turned 30 and I suffer from spondylolisthesis and bulging discs. I am currently awaiting surgery, but my fifty pounds of weight loss (so far, working on ten more) was initiated by me no longer being able to work due to the pain and inability to walk. For me, water is the way to go. The only real exercise I have been able to do started with simply floating, moved up to a bit of flutter kick with a board and even walking the lazy river. I found the first time my pain was actually significantly decreased was when I was in the water and gravity was no longer my worst enemy. It was about 20 times more effective than morphine. Plus, I get to enjoy the hot tub when I'm done :) Add me if you want!
  • yeahwhutevr
    yeahwhutevr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Dawn, i'm 49 and was diagnosed with RA just over a year ago. I had a full body flare just after having knee surgery to induct me into the RA pain family. Three children naturally, NO drugs and this is the worst pain in my life!! I'm on Enbrel, methotraxate, Plaquinil, and prednisone. I'm currently preparing for Gastric Sleeve surgery in hopes that will take some of the pressure off my knees so that I can be more mobile. I have a whole person to lose, but I've lost about 12 pounds so far in the last three weeks, just from logging my food. I used to go to a gym that had an awesome pool but the closed it, signed up for the Y, but their pool only has the stairs on the wall in order to get in and out, and with bad knees that is not going to work!! I found a sitting down workout that is pretty awesome and doesn't hurt!! Thought I would share the link with you all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-iKrlw00Dw&list=PLbn4ol7_3SX2VhucpotNlUf9MIDiU7T0f

they have quite a few workouts so you don't get bored to death.

Friend me if you want, always looking for friends to support each other!! :)
  • yeahwhutevr
    yeahwhutevr Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh and by the way, for those of you with Migraines, have you tried Zomig nasal inhalant? I've had debilitating migraines since I was in 7th grade. My PCP put me on this drug about 10 years ago and it has been a life saver!! I will warn you its expensive, and I cringe when I have to pick it up from the pharmacy, but when I'm getting a migraine I am sooo very thankful that i have it in my purse. I ALWAYS carry a dose with me, just in case. Just a thought to share from a fellow sufferer.
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am Esther. I am 41 Nd I have suffered from chronic pain since I was 7. I have had bad knees all my life. And of course bad knees means less mobility than most so of course I am overweight. I am finally old enough to get my knees replaced. I needed a new left one 15 years ago. So I am on this journey to drop 50 so I can get my double knee replacement. I want to lose more than that just for me but doc says at least 50. And I need to strengthen my legs as well. I have been swimming as often as I can even if I feel like crap or really don't want to. I just have to push myself through the pain till I just can't take anymore then I take a rest day.
  • kaynnate297
    kaynnate297 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have osteoarthritis in my hand and back, scoliosis and severe sciatica I also suffer with migraines. I take morphine and pregabalin and co codamol. I'm seeing a chiropractor and I'm finding its helping alot with my back and migraines.
    Exercise wise I've started to get stronger since my last episode and now I walk my dog, am starting to horse ride again, I lift very light weights and do the exercises my chiropractor gives me. Please feel free to add me
  • phillipdean299
    phillipdean299 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm recovering from a massive hemorrhagic stroke and experience pain every time I work out. However, this pain will not stop me from working towards a full recovery.