Seeking help please!

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    tlw7 wrote: »
    I go to chickfila 1x a week and jasons usually 1x (when it's just me and the kids). Not too often and I make sure I run is part of my workout on those days. Don't think that's the reason I not seeing any changes on the scale. My arms are more toned so maybe I have gained a little muscle but I still feel the wt should be coming off.

Please keep in mind that most fast/restaurant food has underestimated calories. In other words, that chickfila sandwich you love so much that is 350 calories is most likely more.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    2 things:
    Also, your calories are all over the place... 1779, 2030, 2331, 1920, 1994, 2094, 2300.
    What is your actual calorie goal? Eat that, or slightly less. Ignore exercise ("net") calories.
    As to the bold part: this is not correct. The OP runs, therefore she needs to properly fuel her body for those runs.

• tlw7
    tlw7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I used a calculation from my sisters workout program-can't remember the body builder lady's name (maybe Jessie's girls?) but she had some complicated calculation...which added a few more then mfp. I wasn't losing weight w mfp original estimate and bumped it up...lost a little but haven't seen much change since. I am pretty busy all day..I chase a 3.5 and 1.5 yr old around.

As far as the exercise I track..I wear my hr monitor and post my workouts (push-ups, burpees, etc) under general..but enter the cals my hr monitor says I burn. When I track food..I pretty much always scan the barcode so it's surprising to hear the amts would be off so much. I do measure my food with a scale but I'll start tracking only in grams now..may help with those small differences. 2100 doesn't seem too high as I'm a former college athlete and hold a decent amt of muscle..but will drop it down some more and see if there is a change.

And what do you think about eating some cals back. Generally don't eat all or really any back. Should I eat some back from what I burn on my runs and nothing with my other workouts?
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    tlw7 wrote: »
    I used a calculation from my sisters workout program-can't remember the body builder lady's name (maybe Jessie's girls?) but she had some complicated calculation...which added a few more then mfp. I wasn't losing weight w mfp original estimate and bumped it up...lost a little but haven't seen much change since. I am pretty busy all day..I chase a 3.5 and 1.5 yr old around.

As far as the exercise I track..I wear my hr monitor and post my workouts (push-ups, burpees, etc) under general..but enter the cals my hr monitor says I burn. When I track food..I pretty much always scan the barcode so it's surprising to hear the amts would be off so much. I do measure my food with a scale but I'll start tracking only in grams now..may help with those small differences. 2100 doesn't seem too high as I'm a former college athlete and hold a decent amt of muscle..but will drop it down some more and see if there is a change.

And what do you think about eating some cals back. Generally don't eat all or really any back. Should I eat some back from what I burn on my runs and nothing with my other workouts?

You never bump your calories up if you're not losing weight, and anytime you do bump them up you must still be in a calorie deficit and accurate about your intake/output.