first time going to ZUMBA class need help!

Options
Hi all, I just came back from my first time zumba class. I always do some zumba on wii fit u but classes are way different than at home. OMG what a workout.. I had so much fun and the teacher and the dancers were all nice. I cant wait for next week.

I need you help how i add my zumba workout here??

I did about 50 min workout

there are 2 kinds in the workout diary. not sure which is more accurate?

Adding:
Zumba

How long? 50
Start time: : 12pm :10
Calories Burned: 137

Adding:
Zumba® Fitness

How long? 50
Start time: 12pm :10
Calories Burned: 306

Replies

• cstevenson86
    cstevenson86 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! I use the second one (Zumba Fitness) for my diary. I think that's more accurate!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    mrsmay1986 wrote: »
    I LOVE Zumba! I use the second one (Zumba Fitness) for my diary. I think that's more accurate!

I really enjoyed it!!! :)) thanks dear i will put the second one!
  • wathjo1
    wathjo1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't specified that it was zumba fitness, i'd say it was regular zumba. They are two different things. Our local instructor is certified to train both. I could be wrong as far as logging, though!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    If you did a 50 minute workout, you burned more than 137 calories!

I wear my Polar FT7 and burn 500-600 depending on the day and instructor in a full 60 minute class.
  • missyj1115
    missyj1115 Posts: 1,220 Member
    Options
    Defiantly get a HRM I average right around 396-450 doing a 45min Zumba DVD and
    am sweating like a pig! I bought a watch with a chest strap at Walmart and I'd say it helps a TON in calculating my burns. Good luck with it! I wish I could go to classes but as a single mama it's hard. I bought the DVD set and dropped 30lbs doing ZUMBA some treadmill and watching my foodzzz! Love Zumba, I sweat more doing that than than almost anything else!
  • babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! i just order my surge!!! i cant wait to use it!