The only sugary thing I crave is Dr Pepper
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Toast with brown sugar and cinnamon is nice too
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Let's say you have a craving for something sweet. Assuming your body wants simple carbs, do you think the craving would go away if you ate some sugar instead of what you craved?

If you have the calories left in your daily allotment for a spoonful of sugar or a donut, eat whichever one you want.

The only reason I'd bother with substitutes is if you feel you can't control yourself eating only one donut or whatever. In which case, sure, find a substitute.
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an experiment waiting to happen. For me texture does go along with the sweet/salty craving. I couldn't just eat a bit of straight sugar or a bit of straight salt.
  • Leana088
    Leana088 Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    This sounds like an experiment waiting to happen. For me texture does go along with the sweet/salty craving. I couldn't just eat a bit of straight sugar or a bit of straight salt.

Maybe I'll try it. I usually just eat a little bit of what I want, but just to see what happens.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Same here.

I also don't crave just sugar ever (sadly, sugar doesn't have that many calories). I crave something specific, usually that has sugar AND some sort of fat (like butter or cream!).

My salt cravings are more straightforward in that I actually can satisfy them just by adding a bit of salt to veggies, normally.