Can't eat all the calories

Options
I'm sticking to 1000 to 1200 calories to lose.

Keeping track I average 800 to 1000. It tells me to eat more but I'm full. Any suggestions

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Open your diary. It is really hard to offer suggestions when we can't see what you are currently doing.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Damn I wish I had that problem. I'm hungry so often.
    What are you eating??
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I've the same problem ( well.. i'm eating about 3500 calories, but .. i find it hard to hit my goals)..
    try drinking your calories.
    depends on what macros you're falling behind, make a fruit smoothie or a protein shake with peanut butter .. you'll see your calories going up quickly!
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    If you are over weight you can and have eaten more than 1000 calories. Eat a slice of pizza before bed, job done. :smiley:

Maybe try more calorie dense foods, switch from light milk to full cream for example
  • higgins8283801
    higgins8283801 Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    What are you eating?

Are you weighing your food?

1. You may be eating more than you think you are if you're not weighing your food.

2. Most people can only handle a few days of low calorie diets. If you are exceeding this, go back to 1 or it's possible you are hungry but ignoring the cues.

If you have to lose weight, you know you can eat more than 800 calories. If you truly are eating 800 calories then just Get two tablespoons of peanut butter and slap it on a piece of toast. That's 190 for the peanut butter and another 80 or so for the bread.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    calorie dense foods can be your best friend when you're trying to eat more. These are foods that pack a lot of calories into just a small amount, so they boost your calories quickly without putting a lot of extra food in your stomach.

This is a generic list and it's definitely not comprehensive, but anything here can be included in a balanced diet (as long as there are no allergies, medical conditions, obviously):
    avocado
    cheese
    full fat dairy
    Greek yogurt
    ice cream
    peanut butter (or other nut butters)
    dark chocolate
    less lean cuts of meat (including beef, pork, sausage, etc.)
    seeds (chia, flax, sunflower, etc.)
    nuts
    olive oil
    coconut oil
    butter
    beans and lentils
    protein shakes, bars, and smoothies
    hummus
    beef jerky
    cornbread
    tuna
    full calorie condiments
    full calorie sauces & dressings
    sour cream
    guacamole
    whole grain pasta
    rice
    bacon
    whole eggs
    quinoa
    fruit and fruit juices
    pretzels
    bananas
    scones
    muffins (bran, blueberry, banana nut, etc.)
    potatoes (sweet, red, gold, purple, white, etc.)
    dried fruit (raisins, apricots, plums, dates, etc.)
    granola
    coconut
    salmon
    edamame
    olives
    honey
    molasses
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat foods that are calorie dense.
  • itschanelle
    itschanelle Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    pwh300 wrote: »

Keeping track I average 800 to 1000. It tells me to eat more but I'm full. Any suggestions

How did you get fat if you can't eat more than that?

Chances are you aren't logging correctly and are eating a lot more than you think. If you already are and your logging is accurate, go see a doctor because that means something is likely medically wrong with you.
  • uvi5
    uvi5 Posts: 710 Member
    Options

Can't offer suggestions without knowing what your eating. Your diary is closed.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Buy a food scale!!! That will (probably) solve all of your problems.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

Net 1200

End thread
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options

Chances are you aren't logging correctly and are eating a lot more than you think. If you already are and your logging is accurate, go see a doctor because that means something is likely medically wrong with you.

Although I wouldn't have put it quite that way, the question (the first sentence) is legitimate, at least IMO.

As for the second part: I agree with that too.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes you can! I believe in you.
  • stronghealthywoman
    stronghealthywoman Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I encourage juicing, it provides calories, but most importantly nutrients to your body!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options

I encourage juicing, it provides calories, but most importantly nutrients to your body!
    juicing does not provide any more nutrients than real food does, though I love homemade juices with a meal.

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    Juicing provides no more nutrition or calories than eating those foods before you mush them all up. Actually, people who are having trouble meeting their calorie goals would do better sautéeing those veggies in a bit of butter or olive oil. Or roasting them with olive oil and garlic.
  • kellywrae
    kellywrae Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. I got fat because I ate junk food and fast food. When I cut that out as an option I have trouble getting to 1,000 cal.of healthy food a day. Except on the weekends when I can add a few alcohol calories in to boost my stats. LOL
  • annavalente
    annavalente Posts: 119 Member
    Options

This..
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options

^^THIS

EVERY SINGLE TIME, THIS!!!!!!!!