Food addiction

I've come to realize that I have a serious food addiction!! This is going to be a difficult weight loss journey! Anyone in the same situation w/ any advice?

Replies

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Start slow, set a goal and work towards that. When I started out I tried to change everything at once and failed. Maybe you start with no more soda; stick to that for a week straight. The next week add in another goal like walking four times a week. The next week add in the goal of no more fast food. For me, it was baby steps. And don't deny yourself food. Log in here each day, track your foods so you see exactly what you're consuming and allow yourself treats. I live for cake. I allow myself a small slice every once in awhile to satisfy my craving. Good luck!
  • candacekate
    candacekate Posts: 4 Member
    Read up on books about emotional eating and see if you can identify why you have a food addiction. Maybe it's just a sugar addiction (easier to cope with) instead of emotional eating. I love what the previous lady said, baby steps!!! Swap one food on your plate for a healthier version (instead of potatoes, may yams or broccoli! ) and eventually it'll get better! Welcome!!!!
  • GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,818 Member
    Read up on books about emotional eating and see if you can identify why you have a food addiction. Maybe it's just a sugar addiction (easier to cope with) instead of emotional eating. I love what the previous lady said, baby steps!!! Swap one food on your plate for a healthier version (instead of potatoes, may yams or broccoli! ) and eventually it'll get better! Welcome!!!!

Swapping out foods can be easy. If you are making pasta, skip the white refined processed noodles and eat whole wheat pasta instead. Or try other varieties like brown rice pasta. Instead of eating corn, eat spinach. Making a salad? Use spinach instead of iceberg lettuce. You can still fully enjoy foods without feeling deprived. Check out the recipes board for good ideas.