Whats everyone having for lunch?

Options

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Today it's going to be a simple chicken/avocado salad (with plenty of hot sauce) over greens, baby carrots on the side. I kind of need to go grocery shopping but won't have time until after work tomorrow, so my combinations are getting a bit weird.
  • Tupeloblossom
    Tupeloblossom Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Pasta with sauteed tomatoes and onions with a "cream sauce" made from a wedge of laughing cow cheese.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Spinach salad with rotisserie chicken. I get a chicken and tear it up, and a box of spinach every week. Grab a handful of each, there is an instant lunch.
  • dalecmcc
    dalecmcc Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I call it Crust-less Pizza" as it does not have a traditional flour based crust. Today I have it topped with sauteed Onions, Bell Peppers, Baby Portabello Mushrooms, and a little Mozzarella. For the crust I mix 8 ounces of Low fat Ricotta cheese, 3 eggs (could use just the whites of the eggs), 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (optional) and season with Oregano, and Sweet Basil to taste. Pour the mix in a Corning Ware tart pan and blind bake at 350 degrees until set about 30 minutes or so. Then top with your favorite toppings and place back in the oven until heated through. The crust works great with lots of different toppings, if you want a Tex-Mex twist replace the Oregano and Basil with Cumin and Cilantro then top with salsa, cooked chicken (or Taco meat) or if you'd like a great Buffalo Chicken Pizza replace the Oregano and Basil with a package of Ranch dressing mix and after baking top with Buffalo Wing sauce (or hot sauce) of your choice, cooked chicken, and a cheese of your choice. I have tried it many different ways and have yet to run across a version that doesn't work well. Serves 8 at 160 to 210 calories per serving (Calorie count will vary depending on the toppings you choose).
  • emsalex_x
    emsalex_x Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fab lunches xx
  • jardim15
    jardim15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Veggie pho!! Yum
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I had a tuna salad with Miracle Whip Light and plain oatmeal. Ugh, won't make the latter choice again. I'm now snacking on a strawberry protein shake.
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I had a fruit and a roast beef and bacon sandwich:

large Granny Smith apple 110 calories

2 slices Nature's Own 100% whole wheat bread made with real honey 110 + 1 oz deli sliced roast beef 45 + 1/2 oz artisan lettuce 2 + sliced tomato 10 + 1 Hormel uncured bacon slice 40 + 2 tbsp onion 8 + 1/2 tbsp Miracle Whip 20 + mustard 3 = 238 calories

total 348 calories
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    I had "brunch" of buffalo chicken soup that I pulled from the freezer.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    As usual, I'm having leftovers - today is baked salmon, roasted cauliflower and brussel sprouts
  • hvreeland
    hvreeland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Leftovers from last night...Whole30 cottage pie.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Its been a good week and since today is FREEDOM FRIDAY I think today will be BurgerTime
    cheeseburger1.jpg
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    148 gram yam, 1 light swiss cheese laughing cow wedge, and 1 chicken, spinach, asiago sausage. Yum!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    Options
    a salad... consisting of: field greens, baby spinach, 2 tablespoons of crushed walnuts, grape tomatoes, a piece of cheddar cheese, a boiled egg and about 100 grams of roasted boneless, skinless chicken breast with 2 tablespoons of sundried tomato vinaigrette. daytime food is fuel... why would I deviate? of course I do sometimes... but if it stays the same then it's one less thing I need to worry about
  • victorprocure
    victorprocure Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    2 Hamburger sandwhiches.
    I used the pattys as the bread.

4x Hamburger Patty
    8g bacon (~2strips)
    28g Miracle Whip
    40g Cheddar Cheese
  • kayna1225
    kayna1225 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    shredded rotisserie chicken, shredded cheese, avocado, cilantro and salsa wrap
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    leftover slow cooked chicken leg quarter and some spanish rice, should be under 700 calories
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    Today I had hot sausage and peppers over rice.
  • AshleyWatson2015
    Options
    salad with lite chipotle ranch, shredded cheeser, grilled chicken and pico de gallo
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin muffin! I'm studying at a cafe...

5ooj6crip7z6.jpg