Low Battery Influencing Scale?

Options
So my scale has been saying low battery for a while now, but I've still been weighing myself on it. It keeps telling me some pretty high numbers and I'm wondering if it could just be the batteries or if I'm suddenly doing something very wrong.

Replies

• lcooper327
    lcooper327 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Why don't you change the battery and find out?
  • mustachioed
    mustachioed Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would if I could, but I lack a screwdriver and the batteries and a car to get them. I'm living the life of a poor college student.
  • cosmo_momo
    cosmo_momo Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You could try using a butter knife to undo the screw. I've done it before on various electronics haha. As far as the batteries...other than giving cash to a friend to pick up for you, Idk what to tell you. I feel ya on the whole poor college student situation.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    So my scale has been saying low battery for a while now, but I've still been weighing myself on it. It keeps telling me some pretty high numbers and I'm wondering if it could just be the batteries or if I'm suddenly doing something very wrong.

lol...change the batteries. You can call me Mr Obvious.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Change it out; my food scale starts to get finicky if it needs new batteries.
  • PeachyPlum
    PeachyPlum Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Yes. Digital scales use load cells to measure weight. A low battery would affect the power supplied to the load cell, resulting in skewed output.

Sorry for geeking out.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I would if I could, but I lack a screwdriver and the batteries and a car to get them. I'm living the life of a poor college student.

Depending on the screw, try a butter knife or borrow a screw driver if it's small or a Philips head screw.

Screw driver aren't normally expensive and very useful. Maybe look to get a multi tool, comes with pliers, screw drives, knife etc. like a Swiss Army knife but less knife and more tool.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Walk to the shop
    buy a battery and a cheap screwdriver
    change the battery

seriously now
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »
    Yes. Digital scales use load cells to measure weight. A low battery would affect the power supplied to the load cell, resulting in skewed output.

Sorry for geeking out.

you, I like :smiley:
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I changed the battery in my scale now i am 2 pounds heavier. damn yo battery lol
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I know I need to change the batteries in mine, but I am far too worried that it will tell me I'm a higher weight!

Sounds like it is necessary for accuracy though, so guess i'll have to grit my teeth and do it-I had actually been wondering this, so thank you OP for posting!
  • crazyjerseygirl
    crazyjerseygirl Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    PeachyPlum wrote: »

Sorry for geeking out.

This is why I loves you.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options

Most of us would just call that lazy.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options

Most of us would just call that lazy.

Eh...I feel you on the poor college student thing, but the thing about us broke college kids is we're resourceful as a result.

Use a butter knife or even a pair of scissors, just be careful with that business. For the batteries, walk to the shop or ask your friends if they have any lying around. If you are living on campus, you probably have access to some kind of bookstore or general shop...if not, legs get us far in life. And it is good exercise! You could even log that to your MFP.
  • shannonstube
    shannonstube Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You could also order a cheap screwdriver and the batteries on Amazon. As a college student, you should qualify for a free Prime membership so you can get free two-day shipping.
  • nikkinoellemary
    nikkinoellemary Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You could also order a cheap screwdriver and the batteries on Amazon. As a college student, you should qualify for a free Prime membership so you can get free two-day shipping.

This too! That membership is niiice.
  • Frequently_Fabulous
    Frequently_Fabulous Posts: 132 Member
    Options

Yup. Battery will screw up your scale. It's happened to me on three different occasions over the course of several years, haha. Change that sucka