Tell me of your awesomeness

Options

Replies

• mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm 53, and for the first time in my life am able to do a couple of real push ups!! Go me!!
  • IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I actually have a progress pic comparison for the first time! Also today, I got to rack the (gasp) 45 pound plates!!!! Have never been able to play with those before! @shadow2soul GO YOU! I was just able to bump up to 40lbs and I felt all badass even though I know that's nothing compared to most people LOL
  • gle8442
    gle8442 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I had only walked 4,000 steps today when I got home, but despite being tired and went to the park and made my 10k. Now I have my energy back again!
  • sabrinalina
    Options
    I can currently do 5 pull-ups all correct form. working on getting 7. I can shoulder press 35 lbs on each side and bench a max of 115 ( 35 lb plates on each side )
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How can the world cope with so much awesome?

I'm loving the Jaffa cake portioning and the personal best records

Oh and thanks @dufus12 ...my trainer put me through 3 sets of 12 assisted chin-ups, deadlifts, chest press, assisted pull-ups then into jumping press-ups and TRX last night before legs and I felt slightly less awesome ;)

However I am intensely jealous of @sabrinalina pull-ups (takes a moment for hero worship)

And now In my head I have the Lego song "Everything is awesome" going round and round (you are welcome for the earworm)

tumblr_n0yewddtMd1rf8id2o1_400.gif
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 9 straight of 30DS, I'm so proud of myself for not throwing in the towel due to poor scheduling, and even working out over last weekend ( which has never happened before)
  • MindfulNat
    MindfulNat Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I lost all of my pregnancy weight and baby is only 1 month old today :)
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    I ran 1.28 miles (short run) at a 9:21 pace! I'm working toward getting my 5k pace to a 10:00 min/mile or less.
  • lydiakitten
    lydiakitten Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My abs are properly reemerging. Tears of joy.
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I finally managed a chin-up .. awesome!

you..

YAH!!!! that is so exciting! That is my goal too... I have never been able to do one. I have started lifting heavy weights and now just need to lose another 60 or so pounds... I CAN DO IT! Thanks for sharing :smiley:
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I haven't throat-punched anyone today...yet.

And I also got my size 8 jeans buttoned and zipped this weekend, while still breathing :)
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    All of you are really amazing and deserve a booty slap and chest bump~~

I have lost 122 pounds and I am 8 pounds from my goal weight...finally!
  • JohnBarth
    JohnBarth Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my 60th day on MFP, and I'm down 37 pounds. SW 315, scale this morning 278. I'm aware many will consider this too rapid, but I'm feeling great.

Walking 20-30 miles/week. Strength training 3x/week. Just swapped out about 6 shirts that were too big for some I haven't worn in 4 years. Switched to the smaller belt and needed the 2nd notch already. Weight belt fits without needing the extra holes I made a few months ago.

Finally accepting this is my new lifestyle, and NO MORE EXCUSES!
  • hvreeland
    hvreeland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I ran 6.35 miles yesterday in 68 minutes...The farthest I have ever run without stopping to walk!
  • twrobbel
    twrobbel Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have been told my several people this week that I inspired them to hit the gym. I also was able inspire a social group I belong to change some of our social events from drinking/food events to doing a few fun 5k's.
  • tooclosetoquit
    Options
    You are awesome. After working at this for years and giving up often I finally went from being 199 to 140 and I will not quit until I am done.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    My daughter said she was surprised how much skinnier I looked when we were bowling:)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    I can now do 5 proper pushups. This may not seem like a lot for many people, but for someone with spaghetti arms, it's a major accomplishment.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Everyone is so amazing- way to go!

I went to the gym for my 3 month fitness test for the program I am in and last time, I leg pressed 190lbs for 6 reps. This time? 510lbs for 6 reps. What the hey- this is just from walking and bodyweight exercises. Now I know why my weight has not been changing much recently...lol.

And my bench press changed from 45lbs to 65lbs for 6 reps. Woot!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!