Any MFP people play hockey?

Options
Who else plays hockey? What league or level? Maybe we could share a couple of pointers!

Replies

• cestanley73
    cestanley73 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey there, just did a search for hockey and found your posts. I'm 41 and just started learn to play hockey sessions at my local rink where my two daughters play (ages 10 and 13) It's a blast, I just wish I could skate better! I guess my skills will improve with time.....at least that's what I keep telling myself!
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I played through high school and now it's mostly old timers men's leagues for me which I'm totally okay with. my mind tells me to be in one spot on the ice but my body says "nope, you're not gonna make it way over there"
  • efink85
    efink85 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I play in a couple of leagues. I'm not the best, but it is still a lot of fun :)
  • Determined_slater
    Determined_slater Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you guys are staying active with hockey! I used to play competitively but I just wasn't having as much fun anymore, it was foo serious. I found a men's beer league full of older guys and average joes that just like to play and have fun. Skill comes with time just get as much ice time as you can!
  • MonsoonStorm
    MonsoonStorm Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    And there was me thinking you meant real hockey...

;)
  • Lil_Northern_Light
    Lil_Northern_Light Posts: 3,529 Member
    Options
    I play ladies rec league, enjoy hitting the Ice when I can - if only shift work would get out if the way! :wink:
  • Determined_slater
    Determined_slater Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    @MonsoonStorm It's as really as it gets!

@Lil_Northern_Light There is a different league that is coed where I'm from. I don't think we have enough ladies interested in hockey to make one team lol.
  • cdlee05
    cdlee05 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    LOL - when I played REAL hockey I certainly had no need to track calories with this app. such is life