Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,574 Member
    Options
    At my age of 51 I can still:

Do a 40" box jump
    Run under a 5.4 40 yard dash
    Kick over my head
    Do the windmill in breakdancing (it's slower, but I still rock it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lf9CoTh_Kk

Bring it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • karmasays
    karmasays Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I graduated to snatching a 16kg kettle bell. :) and after I did it, I felt like I could probably do 18kg.
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am finally seeing an increase in my walking/jogging speeds. I was stuck 3.something mph for a while, but yesterday I walked at about 4 mph for 70 minutes and jogged at about 5mph for 33 minutes, all outside at the park. I deserve a cookie. A chocolate cookie.
  • ar9179
    ar9179 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    5x5 with 100 lbs on the squat!
    Not as successful on OHP and DL, but I knew that was coming. Next time!
  • kelly29414
    kelly29414 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My boss told me today he went back to the gym at lunch today for the first time in a very long time because I motivated him with my hard work and successful efforts. Now I have to work out extra hard today. :)
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    My 2 little girls see previews of the Avengers 2 and either call me the Hulk or ask me if I could beat the Hulk in a fight. Of course I say yes, because I am awesome.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    55898634.jpg
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hmm I am about 6 months into my fitness change of lifestyle and its become much more routine!
  • BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    I just busted through my plateau and lost another 6 pounds over the last two weeks - why? - because I'm awesome!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My max weight on - squats is 135lbs X 8, Bench press 115, leg press 540.... I have really strong legs and but can't seem to get more weight on the bench press but I think that's still pretty good for a 50 year old woman :-) Weight loss has been slow but I love being strong, it's what gets me through the week. Love this thread because it allows me to be AWESOME at something.
  • Marlene1667
    Options
    momofoli wrote: »
    I lost all of my pregnancy weight and baby is only 1 month old today :)

That is amazing. My youngest daughter is 12 and I still haven't lost the weight :-)
  • Marlene1667
    Options
    strozman wrote: »
    My 2 little girls see previews of the Avengers 2 and either call me the Hulk or ask me if I could beat the Hulk in a fight. Of course I say yes, because I am awesome.
    That is very sweet!
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I actually have a progress pic comparison for the first time! Also today, I got to rack the (gasp) 45 pound plates!!!! Have never been able to play with those before! @shadow2soul GO YOU! I was just able to bump up to 40lbs and I felt all badass even though I know that's nothing compared to most people LOL

@IamUndrCnstruction - Way to go. It's such an awesome feeling when you get to add more plates to the bar.

I made it through 55lbs on the OHP today. It's a miracle.

carlton-dance-gif.gif

• IamUndrCnstruction
    IamUndrCnstruction Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I actually have a progress pic comparison for the first time! Also today, I got to rack the (gasp) 45 pound plates!!!! Have never been able to play with those before! @shadow2soul GO YOU! I was just able to bump up to 40lbs and I felt all badass even though I know that's nothing compared to most people LOL

@IamUndrCnstruction - Way to go. It's such an awesome feeling when you get to add more plates to the bar.

carlton-dance-gif.gif

OMG...I just laughed so hard I think I hurt something
  • Sweet_Heresy
    Sweet_Heresy Posts: 411 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    After my OHP being stuck at 65lbs for weeks...I hit 70 yesterday.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to hit a BW deadlift, which would be 195lbs. I'm thinking of going to the gym before work cause I'm so pumped to smash some PR's on that and my bench press too.

I have also been without transportation, but that hasn't kept me out of the gym. I walk 4 miles total there and back.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

carlton-dance-gif.gif

This so demonstrates the awesomeness .. I would like to wear it as a badge :bigsmile:
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I ran/walked today, despite forgetting to bring a sports bra, and not only do I not have black eyes and bruised knees, I ran the most I have to date.

LOL ... the winner runs even though she forgot the sports bra. That is both courageous and shows grit and endurance. Well done, you!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I'm managing to break a sweat at the gym every day, even though I'm hobbling around on a bum ankle/leg (don't know why/which yet). Which means ........ I am maintaining my sanity, so everyone around me thinks that's awesome! :)
  • owlheartt
    owlheartt Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Woot! Woot! Grats on the chin-up!

Last weekend I gained 3 pounds from all my stress eating... Then I found out I had to work 12 - 14 hour shifts six days this week plus another 6 hours on Saturday. I was tempted to just give up but after much thought I just buckled down, spent ALL day Sunday prepping meals for the next month and today I have officially lost those three pounds I gained despite the fact that I have genuinely been far too exhausted to squeeze in more than one workout this week. :smiley:

Also, I was shocked to discover that when I took my toddler to the doctor he weighed 25 pounds. Um... That's how much I've lost! :lol:
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Wait for it.....wait for it....LEG FARTS!!! Ok, I will explain. I was struck by a car while working as a paramedic at a car accident and my left leg had to be amputated. The prosthetic leg that I wear is held on my residual stump by suction---when I lose weight, my stump loses suction---when I lose suction, my leg farts....8r8zb2dx4ogi.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!