SQUATS??!!

Options

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I've never actually tried to see how many squats I could do without weight.

Today was 5 sets of 5 reps with 85lbs on my back.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Three sets of fifteen with my body weight. And darn proud of it.
  • arkham_ma
    arkham_ma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    No idea. I've done 50 in a day and didn't feel it a bit the next day. Never tried any more.

I have problems with knee, so they're pretty uncomfortable to begin with. I'm not about to add more weight to that.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Enough to get a Russian subway ticket.
  • Of_Monsters_and_Meat
    Of_Monsters_and_Meat Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    I can do 1 at my 1RPM.

without weights I can do 50 in a row. So between 1 and 50.
  • knash925
    knash925 Posts: 1
    Options
    look up the 30 day squat challenge
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    With two warm up sets of 10 and 8, and then a 5 x 5, I'm at 43. I stop then because I've done what I was there to do and to do more makes no sense.

I've done Crossfit WODs with rounds for time with 75 air squats (bodyweight) as one of the exercises. Again, since it was for time, it didn't make sense to do any more.

ETA, my 1RM is in the 300 - 315 range (it has been a while since I maxed out).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    I've been training for over 30 years, so it's got to be in the 100,000's mark. ;)

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • S4Lyons
    S4Lyons Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    i can do all of them

I like this, i like this allot :s
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Recently? 3 sets of four at 120kg. Fourth set only got three. Going for singles at 140 tomorrow.

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

First I have to do it. Haven't successfully squatted more then 122.5 in 14 months, and haven't done 140 in 18. But my coaches believe I can and therefore I will.

I believe you can... I''ll be waiting on both knees so I can bow... you just tell me when.

Only got 132.5. But still feeling happy
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    1RM 475 (should break 500 soon)
    10RM 405

A few months back I worked for reps rather than weight. My best was doing a set of 100 with 135 across my shoulders. With such a (for me) very light weight, I ripped off the first 50 reps in no time flat, but I sure slowed down quickly from there. Took me close to five minutes to complete, as I was barely doing singles and doubles towards the end before I had to stop to breathe again. But the bar never left my shoulders until I was done. Walked around very shakily for a few hours after.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    1RM 475 (should break 500 soon)
    10RM 405

A few months back I worked for reps rather than weight. My best was doing a set of 100 with 135 across my shoulders. With such a (for me) very light weight, I ripped off the first 50 reps in no time flat, but I sure slowed down quickly from there. Took me close to five minutes to complete, as I was barely doing singles and doubles towards the end before I had to stop to breathe again. But the bar never left my shoulders until I was done. Walked around very shakily for a few hours after.

You should try the Inman Mile

USAWA Rules for the Inman Mile

The lifter will take a bar onto the shoulders with a weight equal to 150 per cent of the lifter’s bodyweight. The lifter will then carry this weight a distance of one mile. Gait is optional. Stopping to rest is allowed, but neither the lifter nor the weight may be supported in any manner. The bar must not be touched by any assistants once the mile has begun or it will be a disqualification. The bar must stay on the back the entire mile. The lifter may be handed refreshments during the mile. Records will be kept for time.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Recently? 3 sets of four at 120kg. Fourth set only got three. Going for singles at 140 tomorrow.

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

First I have to do it. Haven't successfully squatted more then 122.5 in 14 months, and haven't done 140 in 18. But my coaches believe I can and therefore I will.

I believe you can... I''ll be waiting on both knees so I can bow... you just tell me when.

I still give you a bow. I'm deeply impressed with your work
    <fan girl flutters>
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    My 1rm pr is 455. 500 is my next goal.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    A lot. However I'm a powerlifter so my aim is to lift the heaviest weight. My top squat is 300lbs for a single.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I don't squat heavy especially since I do a heavy leg workout with things other than squats. I usually stick to 35lb plates and that's good enough for me.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I hate squatting for reps. My best 1RM is 645lbs.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

I still give you a bow. I'm deeply impressed with your work
    <fan girl flutters>

Thanks Jo! But gym performance means nothing until I hit it on the platform. Is it June yet?
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Last night's squats.
    5 @135 5@175 5@190 15 @200 7x5@ 175.