21 day fix!

Options

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I only know one person (coworker) that has tried this. She says it was very helpful to her in learning portion control. I don't know how strictly she followed the workouts, but she brings her lunch in the containers everyday and has been consistently losing. So, I guess it is a good tool for some. Fodder for mockery for others.
    If you plan to use color coded Tupperware and shakes from someone called Shakeology for the rest of your life and believe that it is simpler than figuring out how to measure and log your food and exercise then go for it!
    But if the 21 day program doesn't set you up for the next 22 to 2222 days, what's there not to mock?

I really don't understand this line of reasoning. Sure, it's set up as a "21 day program", but I set time specific training goals for myself pretty frequently. Just because I train for 16 weeks for a marathon doesn't mean I become a couch potato during the 17th week. I actually own the 21 Day Fix, I've never used those silly containers, and I'm not following the prescribed 21 day schedule. I do like the workouts on non-running days.

The point is it's unnecessary. You yourself aren't even using the program that you paid for. One can find similar workouts on YouTube for free. One can learn to portion out food on your own without buying special containers. It's a waste of money and it doesn't teach independence; it's basically saying "you have to have this or you won't lose weight" which is not true at all.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I only know one person (coworker) that has tried this. She says it was very helpful to her in learning portion control. I don't know how strictly she followed the workouts, but she brings her lunch in the containers everyday and has been consistently losing. So, I guess it is a good tool for some. Fodder for mockery for others.
    If you plan to use color coded Tupperware and shakes from someone called Shakeology for the rest of your life and believe that it is simpler than figuring out how to measure and log your food and exercise then go for it!
    But if the 21 day program doesn't set you up for the next 22 to 2222 days, what's there not to mock?

I really don't understand this line of reasoning. Sure, it's set up as a "21 day program", but I set time specific training goals for myself pretty frequently. Just because I train for 16 weeks for a marathon doesn't mean I become a couch potato during the 17th week. I actually own the 21 Day Fix, I've never used those silly containers, and I'm not following the prescribed 21 day schedule. I do like the workouts on non-running days.

The point is it's unnecessary. You yourself aren't even using the program that you paid for. One can find similar workouts on YouTube for free. One can learn to portion out food on your own without buying special containers. It's a waste of money and it doesn't teach independence; it's basically saying "you have to have this or you won't lose weight" which is not true at all.

Does it say that? Does it say this is the one and only way?

People spend money on lots of things that help with weight loss or fitness goals that isn't "necessary". Big deal. It's their money to spend, isn't it?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

People spend money on lots of things that help with weight loss or fitness goals that isn't "necessary". Big deal. It's their money to spend, isn't it?

Ohai BCattoes
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

"very helpful to her in learning portion control" Learning portion control isn't setting oneself up for good habits in the future. There is mod here who doesn't seem to mind the mocking so I guess I shouldn't, but learning portion control sounds like a pretty important thing for the future to me. Mock away if that is how you get your kicks.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    Gosh, why must everything on here be a mockery? :/

Because anything that conditions you to think in the short term doesn't work for the long term. things like nutri-system, jenny craig, and 21-day fix don't work because they do the work for you. Once you're on you're own, you haven't learned anything and go back to the old ways of doing things. Weight goes back on. They trap you into needing their program for life. $$$

That makes no sense. Even if you followed the plan for life you wouldn't need to keep buying the plan. Unless I've missed some important part like the containers and the workout DVD self-destructing after 21 days.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

Ohai BCattoes

Um, what?
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options

To be fair, I have to agree here.

It's like hiring the trainers at my gym. I consider them a waste of time and money because I feel like they aren't good at their jobs, I have an effective program, I can view lifting form videos, and get critique on my form here in appropriate threads. That said, they have a huge clientele because someone else thinks they are worth it. I have no idea if the workouts are all that effective or not, but if it gets them into they gym and working out more than before, it will likely be beneficial.

Lots of people do things that aren't necessary and cost money (I buy protein powder even though I get plenty of protein in my diet most days). It's up to them to decide if it's worth it. And as far as things go, this program is one of the least "faddy" of the fad diets...
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

Do you make a habit out of defending lost causes and stupid decisions or is it just on this board?

Seriously, I'm interested.

I'm not defending anything. As I said I haven't tried it. I just don't understand the mocking by those who clearly haven't tried it either. And I especially don't understand the false claims about false claims.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Sbrewer30 wrote: »
    Has any one tried it and what were your results?? Love it or hate it? Have you done more then 1 round?
    OP I haven't tried it but if it floats your boat, can get you out of the harbor, allows you to float down river, swim up stream, keep your head above water, avoid denial(the river in Egypt) I say best of luck and happy trails.

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options
    Does the plan include buying shakeology? I don't think my coworker is doing that, though I have never asked. I've just never seen her drinking them here at work.

I still don't understand the mocking though.
  • auddii
    Options
    Does the plan include buying shakeology? I don't think my coworker is doing that, though I have never asked. I've just never seen her drinking them here at work.

From what I know of the program (the infomercial was on when I was in the waiting room before my last surgery at 5am) it's just the workout, a book, and the containers.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

No. It's an option, but not required.
    Of course, most Beachbody coaches will give you the hard sell for Shakeology. I've tried it, wasn't impressed, and never used it again.

I've wasted far more money on far more worthless things than workout videos, I suppose I'm lucky that a lost $50 doesn't affect my budget...
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options

Of course, most Beachbody coaches will give you the hard sell for Shakeology. I've tried it, wasn't impressed, and never used it again.

I've wasted far more money on far more worthless things than workout videos, I suppose I'm lucky that a lost $50 doesn't affect my budget...

Please send me $50.

Address:

Mr Terrapin
    123 any street
    anytown, USA

f/b/o Mr Terrapin's son's college education, 'cause every penny counts!

• Need2Exerc1se
    Options

OIC I've only used one beachbody program (brazil butt lift) but I received it as a gift so I guess someone else is getting bugged on my behalf.
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »

Please send me $50.

Address:

Mr Terrapin
    123 any street
    anytown, USA

f/b/o Mr Terrapin's son's college education, 'cause every penny counts!

If $50 is the difference between your child attending college or not, I feel sorry for him.
    I'm putting 2 through college right now.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Options

"very helpful to her in learning portion control" Learning portion control isn't setting oneself up for good habits in the future.

^^^^ OMG so this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about helping with portion control, I can stuff an entire pizza into the carbohydrate Tupperware, half of a peanut butter cheesecake into the protein Tupperware, and 3 Snickers into the crap Tupperware. And as if by MAGIC, presto-chango, the Tupperware portion controls these foods into my veggies, my fruits, limits my starch carbs and ensures that I am eating from all the carbohydrate, protein and crap food groups!!! Its amazing! I could never create a meal from carbohydrate, protein and crap without the cheesy overpriced color Tupperware in the 21 day fix!!!

Why I can fit an entire cheesecake into my day with these containers! Using MFP alone never let me do that. You know, accuracy, honesty and hard work are SO overrated. :smile: I just can't wait for day 22 so I can toss these containers and go back to eating normally since by then I will have a job as a model, be swole, have a trimmed waistline and started my acting career!

Plus, speaking solely about myself, getting fleeced for a large sum of money for stuff available on the net for free/very little money kind of pushes me to stick it to other people to recoup my loss,... er I mean to positively encourage and support others! :smile: So I want to become a BB coach, since I am completely lacking in scruples :smile:

ETA: I am not affiliated with Beach Body in any way and I am not being compensated for my clearly unbiased views!!!

You eat pizza that has only carbohydrates?
  • auddii
    Options

"very helpful to her in learning portion control" Learning portion control isn't setting oneself up for good habits in the future.

^^^^ OMG so this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about helping with portion control, I can stuff an entire pizza into the carbohydrate Tupperware, half of a peanut butter cheesecake into the protein Tupperware, and 3 Snickers into the crap Tupperware. And as if by MAGIC, presto-chango, the Tupperware portion controls these foods into my veggies, my fruits, limits my starch carbs and ensures that I am eating from all the carbohydrate, protein and crap food groups!!! Its amazing! I could never create a meal from carbohydrate, protein and crap without the cheesy overpriced color Tupperware in the 21 day fix!!!

Why I can fit an entire cheesecake into my day with these containers! Using MFP alone never let me do that. You know, accuracy, honesty and hard work are SO overrated. :smile: I just can't wait for day 22 so I can toss these containers and go back to eating normally since by then I will have a job as a model, be swole, have a trimmed waistline and started my acting career!

Plus, speaking solely about myself, getting fleeced for a large sum of money for stuff available on the net for free/very little money kind of pushes me to stick it to other people to recoup my loss,... er I mean to positively encourage and support others! :smile: So I want to become a BB coach, since I am completely lacking in scruples :smile:

ETA: I am not affiliated with Beach Body in any way and I am not being compensated for my clearly unbiased views!!!

You eat pizza that has only carbohydrates?

Saddest pizza ever. It's just stale white bread...
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »

Do you make a habit out of defending lost causes and stupid decisions or is it just on this board?

Seriously, I'm interested.

I'm not defending anything. As I said I haven't tried it. I just don't understand the mocking by those who clearly haven't tried it either. And I especially don't understand the false claims about false claims.

He's making a joke about the fact that you will argue to the death about seemingly anything. I'm not sure if you're a long-term troll or just a constantly contrary person.