not good!!! :(

Options
Hey guys and girls.

I've been using the my fitness tracker religiously for 2 weeks, been keeeping my calorie count around 1200 (without feeling hungry and just having what i want but a healthy version!) and exercising 3 times a week so why o why has my weight crept up by 2lbs?! I've been sooooo good and have no intention of quitting but just feel a bit slumped by it. was hoping for at least a few pounds gone by now but no. i don't feel like i've lost anything either so i don't know what to do! does anyone have any advice?! Pleeeeeaaaassseee?!

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing everything? Are you eating back your exercise calories?
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you eating to enough?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/61706-guide-to-calorie-deficit

This is just a part of it! please read the link above

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle tone, and reducing fat. This means is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode)

Also this might be helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn/view/how-to-bust-a-3-month-plateau-87677

Good luck on your journey
  • Texaganian
    Texaganian Posts: 67
    Options
    Patience.

Weight loss is a non-linear process. Your weight will fluctuate a lot during the process. Mine can fluctuate up to four pounds during a single day.

But a consistent, moderate calorie deficit over time WILL absolutely result in weight loss. The magic bullet is time. It will not happen overnight.
  • helgamaria1
    helgamaria1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I can feel your pain , there is nothing as frustrating as doing everything right and having no results!!!! I had a similar problem and now I´ve figured out that I loose weight when I eat around 1500 calories and work out almost every day. Thats the only thing working for me, when I ate 1200 nothing happened ( I don´t have many that lbs. to loose and they say that when you´re not really obese it´s often better to eat more than 1200 so your body doesn't go into starvation mode) I hope it works out for you!
  • divadebz
    divadebz Posts: 31
    Options
    Thank you Morgan for your reply. That information has really answered it for me. I havve body fat more than 32 so I could keep my calorie intake to 1000. Currently on 1200 but have been losing. I am so sorry Lablondee, I feel your pain. Nothing worse than trying really hard and being disciplined to find out you have not lost. You have a great attitude in that you said you have no intention of quiting, good for you. Perhaps, (and please remember I am no expert) you should watch more closely the amount of carbs, protein, fat etc on your food diary- it may make a difference. I wish you a much better week ahead.
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    TBH it's hard to give advice if your diary isn't open but 1200 + exercise is probably not going to = weight loss as you need 1200 net to survive day in day out. If you aren't huge to start with it won't happen.
  • TamTam33
    TamTam33 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. I may try upping my intake to 1500 for a week and see how that goes. It's just so frustrating when i'm try and feel happy with what i'm eating - enjoying the meals, feeling full but not uncomfortable etc

I lost 7 stone on the Cambridge diet last year so am now trying to get the last off and maintain by changing my lifestyle for the long term, i agree that time is the killer but also the fix and i have no intention of giving up it's just so frustrating when i feel like i'm 2 weeks behind where i hoped to be because of the trial and error method. Will have to work on my patience too i guess lol!
  • wugga
    wugga Posts: 2
    Options
    hi

i seem to have the same issue ! 60 days ago my weight at the strt was a lrge 140 kgs !! with some hard training and food watching im now at 129 kgs !!

but im stuck !! i cannot seem to get below this amount !! im generly having 1800 calories a day ! but im so drained when i train its beginning to get to me !

any thoughts or help would be great !!

thanks
  • rcochnar
    rcochnar Posts: 11
    Options
    A couple things to consider:
    -Weight fluctuates over the course of the day. Try to make sure you're wieghing yourself at the same time every day. Or better yet, just do it once a week.
    -Sometimes it takes a little while for your body to get used to its new routine. Don't get discouraged.
    -Losing weight doesn't mean starving yourself. If you're not eating enough, you're metabolism is going to get screwed up.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing the Cambridge diet has messed up your metabolism, and it is now struggling to cope with a 'normal' caloric intake.

The cambridge diet generally starts people off at around 415 calories a day (through meal replacements) and gradually increases intake over time- but rarely to over 1000 calories.

Your body has gotten used to consuming so few calories, and will take some time to re-adjust your metabolic 'set point'. Be patient, it will eventually.

Your gain is likely to be due to this, but stick with 1500kcal and your exercise and things are sure to start moving again.

Take a good vitamin suppliment (B12 is good for metabolism) and drink plenty of water aswell.
  • TamTam33
    Options
    Thanks :) I knew there was a chance that my body may struggle to adjust after being on the Cambridge Diet but i have not been on it for a year now and have only let about 4lbs creep back on (really proud of that!) It's just that now i'm ready to finally get to my goal weight which is 3 stone away with a lifestyle change instead of a diet if that makes sense. Again it's just patience i guess which really isn't one of my stronger points! lol!
  • TamTam33
    Options
    Yep, still not losing anything. Just stuck where i am. this really sucks! I don't know what else to do! I'm exercising more, i'm eating less, I'm drinking lots of water, choosing the healthy option, not feeling hungry, taking multi-vitamins and iron, eating a good amount and proportion of fruit and veg and protein (less carbs but they're still in there), trying to use superfoods like blueberries because i love them and spicy food for the metabolism, cut down on alcohol and still cannot lose ANYTHING!!! what more can i do! this is so so frustrating! not gonna give up and binge or anything but i have made all these changes, mainly because they are ones i can stick with lonng term but cannot shift even a pound. sad sad :(