Weird question.... deodorant?

Options
mholmes
mholmes Posts: 949 Member
I know this topic serves no purpose and anyone can choose to particpate but I asked my hubby last night when he got out of the shower if he put deodorant on and he said no. I quite frankly was shocked cause I ALWAYS put it on after a shower, like the bathing rituals not complete until I've put on deodorant whether I'm going somewhere or not. His response was "well I don't sweat when I sleep" to which I said "how do you know?" and he says his first wife told him so :laugh: :indifferent:

Anyway........ what's everyone's take on this?? any other funny/interesting rituals? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• mholmes
    Options
    I know this topic serves no purpose and anyone can choose to particpate but I asked my hubby last night when he got out of the shower if he put deodorant on and he said no. I quite frankly was shocked cause I ALWAYS put it on after a shower, like the bathing rituals not complete until I've put on deodorant whether I'm going somewhere or not. His response was "well I don't sweat when I sleep" to which I said "how do you know?" and he says his first wife told him so :laugh: :indifferent:

Anyway........ what's everyone's take on this?? any other funny/interesting rituals? :flowerforyou:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    I don't and I don't think my husband does either which is weird because he has a great fear that he smells bad.:huh:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    honestly i never put deoderant on unless im going to work out... i dont sweat for whatever reason...not sure why?
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I don't put it on right after my shower, but before I get dressed.

If I'm not going anywhere for the day then I don't wear any at all! th_muahaha.gif
  • mholmes
    Options

If I'm not going anywhere for the day then I don't wear any at all! th_muahaha.gif

:sick:
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I think it works better the next day if you put it on at night. The clinical strength anti-pers. say on the directions to put on the night before.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options

:sick:

star.gif
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    honestly i never put deoderant on unless im going to work out... i dont sweat for whatever reason...not sure why?

Oh, I wish I had that issue! :laugh:
  • mholmes
    Options
    :ohwell: I really don't sweat either.... i just don't feel clean without it on. Plus i wear a really smelly good one and I love gettin a wiff of it throughout the day :blushing:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options

Oh, I wish I had that issue! :laugh:

yeah its weird.. even after i workout i look at all the other women in Zumba and they all have wetmarks in their pits n all down their backs and even the front of them (and i have even seen sweaty butts:laugh: ) but i swear i walk out with a little sweat on my forehead and none anywhere else... just a beet red face... its weird lol
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

I put on deodorant when I'm getting dressed for the day (which usually follows a shower), but if I was showering before bed I wouldn't. Unless your husband has B.O. I think he's a grown man and knows his body. What's the big deal?
  • Kasey42588
    Options

Same here, I usually don't even sweat while I'm working out, but I do put it on every morning.
    Never before bed though...
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I try not to put it on right away... I feel like if I wear it all the time that my body gets resistant to it ( this probably isn't true but its a mental thing) so I put it on only if i'm going somewhere... and i'm one of those sweating butts at the gym! :tongue: :laugh:
  • mholmes
    Options

I put on deodorant when I'm getting dressed for the day (which usually follows a shower), but if I was showering before bed I wouldn't. Unless your husband has B.O. I think he's a grown man and knows his body. What's the big deal?

No big deal, hence the smileys and question at the end implying I was the one with the weird habit :smile:

And it wasn't a question of before bed, or before working out, before leaving the house, etc .... I'm pretty sure i said "after a shower" and I guess that's just how I grew up.... putting it on after a shower. And btw he might be grown, but I can smell him long before he can :flowerforyou:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm a post-menapausal woman who's natural "normal" temperature runs around 99.4 who lives with someone who is underweight, anemic with a normal temp of about 97.2 who tends to turn the thermostat up to 90 (and still sits there wrapped in a blanket complaining about being cold) so deodorant is a must for me!
  • smsmithart
    smsmithart Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    They're are some yucking people on this thread....I put it on after shower and again before going anywhere and usually I use at least 2 dif kinds...
  • amccarville
    Options
    i put it on inthe morning-afternoon-and at night. i must be stinky. i feel like i need it...but i also have a problem finding one that works for me. i actually use old spice original solid. ooooooo it smells so good! smell it next time you are in the store...but it has to be original(the white solid). I like it cause it doesnt smell like a man and it works well for me.:flowerforyou:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    What's deodorant? :embarassed:

Just kidding...I put it on after I get dressed. Don't wear it to bed either. And I agree sometimes men become desensitzed to their own scent and we are left to suffer. :sick:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I remember reading once that you should never put deodorant on after a shower so I only put it on like just before I leave for work, about an hour after the shower.

I wouldn't put the stuff on before bed, I'm sorry... there are just too many chemical IN deodorant that I question. I don't trust the stuff!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I don't usually put deodorant on when I'm getting out of the shower unless it's first thing in the morning. But at the same time, I usually reapply a few times a day. I know, weird habit. :ohwell: I just feel like sometimes I need that extra swipe! :wink: