Fresh Starts!

Options
I started this journey last February and did great lost 52# felt better and looked better. Then in October my son was diagnosed with MS. From that point on I lost it. I reached for food for comfort and steadily gained back 26 lbs. Today is my fresh start! I'm 51 years old mother of 3 boys, grandma to 4 and have the most loving and supportive husband . So here's to fresh starts! Anyone want to join me!!!

Replies

• salad_bar
    salad_bar Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love fresh starts! I'm starting one now as well. I have sent a friend request!
  • Auntiezozo81
    Auntiezozo81 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    With you on that add me if you'd like to
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just had knee surgery and then had complications which ended me on the cardiac floor of my local hospital. The diagnosis is good. With rest I will get better. It certainly made me open my eyes and realize I need to eat healthier and get rid of 40 lbs. A fresh start for me.
  • Devilishdani
    Devilishdani Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I lost 28lbs last summer But decided to battle with My desire to quit smoking...smoke free for 5 months and 20lbs regained I'm in dire need of a fresh start...count me in!
  • frenchfancy2014
    frenchfancy2014 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I had a great start last year but lost my way and gained all the weight and more. It's time to get started again and really crack it this time as I now know I can do it. 5 days in and ready to support all those on the same journey. Starting over is a good place to be:) :)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your fresh start.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    keep reminding myself that comfort food is just temporary happiness, good for you to take a fresh start.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Well just over a week in to my fresh start and 2lbs lost and half an inch off my waist so feeling motivated to keeping this up. Hope you are all doing well with your fresh starts. I find the biggest hurdle is just starting but once started I get on with it. Off to do another walk today. Have a great day all.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I started my journey in Feb 2010 and by Sept lost 2 stones. Since then up and down like a yo-yo. My new start began last Tuesday and on Friday weigh-in total of 2 stone loss. I am happy to keep in touch and perhaps we can keep each motivated.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Well done! It's such a great thing to see some pounds come off:) :) I think the bravest thing is knuckling down and starting again as to do that you have to get rid of all the head talk and just do it. After that it's staying on the journey. You can do it!
  • rungrrl
    rungrrl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hello, I will fresh start with you!! I went from 346 down to 181 and over the last year have had pulmonary emboli, was diagnosed with lupus and had a sinus surgery and need brain surgery. I have put on 80 lbs. Part was giving into my emotional eating and the other part was actually not physically being able to move. I really try hard not to beat myself up over the weight gain but it feels like a losing battle. It is great to meet everyone!!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Well done for being up for a fresh start. I know it's so hard to see what you achieved before and think you are back to square one, but the good bit is you know you can do it! We've already proved we can lose weight so the brave bit is taking that first step again. We CAN do this:)) lots of positive wishes sending your way to all:))
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    How's our fresh starters? I've girded my loins and did my exercise DVD so feeling great now despite it being late at night. Also dropped 4 lbs so sooo excited that the effort is paying off. If can hold on to that weight loss by end of week that will be 6 lbs lost over 2 weeks so will bank that:))) keep going girls- all this short term effort will pay dividends in the long run. Have a great day tomorrow. :)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    A week late but I'm all in! I started about a year ago and lost 60ish pounds by eating better (and less) and exercising. Then I lost my job and lost my focus. I gained back almost everything. Any way I don't want to feel sorry for myself I want to get back on the horse. I'm on day 4 and still slugging it out. I know this time I have to really work on ways to stay focused. I'm going to work on my "Why" while I'm working on the healthy lifestyle. Anyway I'm glad to be here among others with similar goals! Aside from tracking 100% and eating properly I plan to hop on my bike this evening for a good ride!
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    Good luck with the ride. It's all about getting the focus back on:)) wish you well on our journey. I'm now 15 days in to my fresh start and despite tough days I've managed to just get on and do it with the exercise. Really feeling the benefit already but easy to get distracted:))
  • Jille0
    Jille0 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in the fresh start category, too. I was doing so great a few months ago with logging my food and going to the gym and lifting on a regular basis and doing cardio. I had a 10% increase in my strength. Then I didn't feel well and stopped everything! And just like that 6 months months later, I am 12 pounds heavier. I was at the doctor on Monday and she asked what I am doing about my weight. Great week to get on track! I am back here logging my food and exercising again. I have lost 5 pounds this week which is definitely a lot for me! I have to learn to continue to do what's right even when I feel sick!
  • shellgirl7
    shellgirl7 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in need of a fresh start too! Was losing and had one off day with junk food and now 5 days I've gained back 4 lbs :( was eating my emotions and not feeling it. Trying to find new motivation!
  • Slotpro
    Slotpro Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump - hope to find motivation from reading this chain.
  • frenchfancy2014
    Options
    It's so great to find I'm not alone and we all have the same issue...we do so well and then something just throws us off beam and before you know it 5 days, 2 weeks, 6 months , or in my case 1 year!, has slipped by and all the weight is back. BUT this time we have each other and we know when we do focus we can do it sooooo here's to our fresh starts:)) have a great week logging in and exercising. Wishing you all a super weightloss week. :)