Lightly active versus active -differentiate please

Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,947 Member
    Options
    Ok what if you pick lightly active or active, and your calories are adjusted higher. What happens, if forever reason on some days here and there you are not lightly active or active. Do you still eat your active amount of calories allocated to you? (snip)
    Am i over thinking things?? :#

Christine you are over-thinking it!

Today I have not been nearly as active as my setting. I am aware of it and have eaten slightly less so far. And I just might STILL go out for a good long walk and catch up!

In any case, you, personally, are at 20,000+ steps: i.e. well above the VERY active setting! Unless you tank out for several days in a row, why worry about it? Worse case scenario you will end up with an "I ate at maintenance" day.

Eventually you will be doing that anyway... right?
  • PAV8888
    edited April 2015
    Options
    stefng33 wrote: »
    Oh and did I say somewhere that I want to lose 12lbs??

Your ticker on your profile page says: 3lbs lost/12lbs to go.

It is not un-common for people to check your profile page when answering a question you ask for clues such as age/weight/height/goals/diary.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Ok what if you pick lightly active or active, and your calories are adjusted higher. What happens, if forever reason on some days here and there you are not lightly active or active. Do you still eat your active amount of calories allocated to you? (snip)
    Am i over thinking things?? :#

Christine you are over-thinking it!

Today I have not been nearly as active as my setting. I am aware of it and have eaten slightly less so far. And I just might STILL go out for a good long walk and catch up!

In any case, you, personally, are at 20,000+ steps: i.e. well above the VERY active setting! Unless you tank out for several days in a row, why worry about it? Worse case scenario you will end up with an "I ate at maintenance" day.

Eventually you will be doing that anyway... right?

you are so right :heart:

Admittedly since getting a fit bit I have started to obsess over every little thing! I was cruising along quite nicely before that.
    I'm going to again go with the flow, and trust the numbers like I always have. And tweak things if I have to....

Thank you Pav xx

• stefng33
    stefng33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Oh! I didn't realize people could see that? What else can you see, lol!? I tried to keep it pretty private.
    But yeah I'm only needing to lose about 15 or so in total. My main focus here is to lose that weight, tone up, and just live a more healthy lifestyle.

Glad I didn't get myself a Fitbit like I wanted! Sounds like something that would make me mental! ;)
  • PAV8888
    Options
    Oh! I didn't realize people could see that? What else can you see, lol!? I tried to keep it pretty private. (snip) Glad I didn't get myself a Fitbit like I wanted! Sounds like something that would make me mental! ;)

It IS pretty private.
    You can adjust things on the web by going to /Settings/Privacy Settings for who sees your profile.
    /Settings/Diary Settings for who sees your Diary and
    /Settings/Automatic News Feed Update Settings to adjust what gets posted on your "Home" page.

I have a Fitbit and think that for a relatively inaccurate device it does a pretty good job of being useful :smile:
  • stefng33
    stefng33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I wanted one, but I'm already obsessing with this app and so I can relate to the above comment that it would cause some overthinking ! I still might get one for monitoring heart rate and stuff like that..sleep patterns...the good stuff :)
    Thanks for the replies!
  • PAV8888
    Options
    for monitoring heart rate and stuff like that..sleep patterns...the good stuff :) Thanks for the replies!

<hmm: I will summarize because I see I went on a tangent!>
    Fitbit is kewl. Web site is kewl. Graphs are kewl. Works well with MFP. It is actually useful if you're unsure about your activity level and engage in steady state aerobics. It is not super accurate in either the step counts or heart rate, in particular if you are a very fast walker, a hand talker, or sweat bullets when you exercise. And yet... most people on MFP find that their weight loss seems to correlate well with the Calories Out part given by their Fitbit.

The Mio products (and Tom Tom Cardio that use the same sensor) have more accurate HRM than Fitbit. They don't have the web site. The Mio Fuse step counting, in an attempt to be accurate, is incredibly low.

Scorsche's Rhythm+ is a strap HRM replacement that can transmit your HR information to a phone (or watch or other device) for a period of 6 to 7 hours.

Their sensor and Mio's sensor are ahead of Fitbit's when it comes to accuracy and ability to operate in exercise conditions.

Again, they don't have the complete package offered by Fitbit.

(I've owned and used all these products except the Cardio).