Imbalanced muscles on ribs

Options
hey there! So I started to notice that one side of my rib cage is sticking out further than the other. This is just since adding exercise to my lifestyle.
Anyone else have this problem? Clearly I'm not evenly working the muscles but any suggestions on how to fix this? More reps on the opposite side for now? That sort of thing... They're awfully tender right now too!

Anyone have some feedback on how long it actually takes to get rid of belly fat?? Any success stories to tell?? I'd like to know if I'm progressing at a good rate.

Many thanks!

Replies

• ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    okay well the first part of your post is a very challenging problem to have and perhaps yet just evenly work out your body just don't target the belly area make sure you're targeting the chest the triceps and biceps and all the muscle groups of the body as for your second question the belly fat is actually one of the last places that fat will actually be seen as lost. so keep at it and don't give up and also do some more cardio if you are trying to burn fat I think you want to make sure you have or calories that are burnt at a high number and again remember that calories in calories out
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    First off, what exercises are you doing? Secondly, do you have any other postural imbalances? It isn’t unusually to have slight differences from left and right sides (almost everyone does). But how pronounces are yours?
  • ironhajee
    ironhajee Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    in terms of progress I think going to the gym and weighing yourself or if you have a scale at home weigh yourself everyday or you know three times a week or once a week even just frequently weigh yourself so you can see that progress and then in the long run you know just check yourself out in the mirror cuz your sex either way
  • stefng33
    stefng33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    First off, what exercises are you doing? Secondly, do you have any other postural imbalances? It isn’t unusually to have slight differences from left and right sides (almost everyone does). But how pronounces are yours?

I basically follow some YouTube videos...same ones alternating. I follow the ones that work total body and core not just abs specifically. I have already issues with my low back and it could all be related. I do cardio as well, about 37 mins of hiit. So I mix it up. It's hard at home to make sure I'm using my body proportionately. But I like being at home and the gym isn't for me. Maybe a personal trainer to get in track?

• stefng33
    Options
    ironhajee wrote: »
    okay well the first part of your post is a very challenging problem to have and perhaps yet just evenly work out your body just don't target the belly area make sure you're targeting the chest the triceps and biceps and all the muscle groups of the body as for your second question the belly fat is actually one of the last places that fat will actually be seen as lost. so keep at it and don't give up and also do some more cardio if you are trying to burn fat I think you want to make sure you have or calories that are burnt at a high number and again remember that calories in calories out

Thanks! I can't wait to see my tummy flat and toned ...I am only just beginning.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Have you lost much fat? It could just be how your rib cage is and now it is more noticeable. Mine is like that.
  • stefng33
    Options
    Nope. 4 lbs ...lol
    I think it's my posture and maybe I'm compensating when doing certain movements?
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    You’re early in your training, so you need to get back to basics. Compound movements. And yes, I think a personal trainer would be a great asset to your growth and development. Balance is important!