So here I am

rizlah01
rizlah01 Posts: 35 Member
In May 2014 I weight 120kg and increasing.

I made a decision at that time to change.

I stayed just cutting out junk and walking and gradually made small changes to the point I am now running over 200km a month and starting to add muscle onto the skinny frame I managed to achieve.

With a few months I was 90 kg, then by Xmas I was 80 I dropped as low as 77kg before my family was getting worried about thin I was getting. I knew then it was time to change my routine and start to add muscle.

This first pic shows a before where I was roughly at my heaviest and the next is where I weight about 80kg
9tdfunisiks9.jpg

This next one shows a comparison of when I was about 80kg before weights to roughly the same weight on the scales (80kg) but after a few weeks of weight traning as well as my running
0zby2tf65ks3.jpg

I never for a minute thought I would achieve weight loss let alone be able to run over 200km a month. Even as a teenager I couldn't even run 1k without nearly dying.

I have a 5k charity run to do in July then a 15k in September followed by a half marathon that I've not scheduled yet.

If you want to donate to help find a cure for cancer please let me know and I'll send you the link. Even if it's a $ I'd be forever grateful to you.

Replies

• ladylalaland
    ladylalaland Posts: 53 Member
    Holy moly! You, sir, are awesome!
  • rizlah01
    Holy moly! You, sir, are awesome!

Thank you so very much
  • time4kim2014
    time4kim2014 Posts: 85 Member
    Congratulations! Your weight loss and running achievements are very inspiring!!!
  • rizlah01
    Congratulations! Your weight loss and running achievements are very inspiring!!!

Thank you so very much. I am so happy to hear you say that
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Well done!
  • rizlah01
    mmnv79 wrote: »
    Well done!

Thank you mmnv79. Appreciate your post
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Love it- you're doing a fantastic job. I'm still in the cutting phase and doing plenty of cardio but looking forward to people telling me I look too thin ;-)
  • rizlah01
    jmgj27 wrote: »
    Love it- you're doing a fantastic job. I'm still in the cutting phase and doing plenty of cardio but looking forward to people telling me I look too thin ;-)

Hey thanks for your comments, looks like you are trying the same approach as i took and that to cut to the point of people worrying and then whack the protein into me and hit the weights.... its certainly worked (working) for me..... good luck, with dedication and commitment it really works....

FYI - I used to do every second day in the gym and never ate my calories back that i burned.... i went to the gym before breakfast so that i was exercising while still fasting, which helps burn more calories and my exercise never pushed my heart rate above 80% max (calculated as 220-age). so some days all i did was walk about 6km/h with an incline that kept my heart rate at that magic level.... i always had it between 60 & 80%.

Once I got to the point that I was happier with my weight and the way I looked I decided I wanted to increase my fitness level and it wasn't until then that i started running, run walking to start with, so i could only do 2 minutes at a time to begin, so would run for 2 and walk for 3 and do that for a while, then i got that i could run further and longer before needing a rest, now i am at the point where i can run 10km and as above i have my goals and i fully intend to hit them.

Good luck with what your doing....
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Props. Looking good.
  • rizlah01
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Props. Looking good.

thank you so much, means a lot to me and really encourages me to keep going
  • dtsbrown
    dtsbrown Posts: 41 Member
    Wow great job. You look amazing. Running is an amazing sport. I run as well as part of my exercise routine. Excellent job all around. I'm working on loosing some weight as I prepare for a 10 mile run in October. Thanks for sharing your journey.
  • Melissaatthecircus
    Melissaatthecircus Posts: 8 Member
    Good work!
  • dinobomp
    dinobomp Posts: 170 Member
    Great success!! You look great!
  • rizlah01
    dtsbrown wrote: »
    Wow great job. You look amazing. Running is an amazing sport. I run as well as part of my exercise routine. Excellent job all around. I'm working on loosing some weight as I prepare for a 10 mile run in October. Thanks for sharing your journey.

Thank you heaps, means a lot
  • rizlah01
    Good work!

thanks, once i got started it was actually easier than it thought, especially since i have been living in a hotel for over 18 months..... to begin with eating in the hotel made me gain weight, but then i took control and started using the hotel gym..... then it was all change...
  • rizlah01
    dinobomp wrote: »
    Great success!! You look great!

thank you so much, very appreciative
  • pariskathryn
    pariskathryn Posts: 173 Member
    Oh wow, you look amazing :o
  • rizlah01
    Oh wow, you look amazing :o

hey thank you, you look pretty awesome yourself
  • wrenegade64
    wrenegade64 Posts: 410 Member
    BEASTMASTER!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!