Favorite Ice Cream Treat & Remain On Plan

Options

Replies

• cbevan1229
    cbevan1229 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I eat regular Breyer's mint chocolate chip (my favorite since I was a kid), but measure my half cup serving. I'd rather have a smaller serving of the real thing than a larger portion of a low-cal imitation.
  • chloeelizabethm
    chloeelizabethm Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Oreo ice cream sandwiches. If you get the multipack at the supermarket then each sandwich is only around 110 calories. A little bit of me dies with happiness every time I eat one.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I'm disappointed in you guys. No one mention frozen mashed bananas

Or Arctic Zero.

My favorite is the one who said cottage cheese & some other weird combination.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried them yet, but I'm excited about trying the skinny cow line. Also just plain single serve things in general. The nightly ice cream sundaes my dad and I used to make when I was a kid have severely skewed my perception of a serving of ice cream if I'm scooping myself :p

I remember their Cookies 'n Dough Bar was pretty good & the Snickerdoodle Sandwich isn't bad.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Gosh do I love me some ice cream... NOM NOM NOM..

I get Blue Bell Sugar Free Fat Free - Dutch Chocolate and the Country Vanilla.. 1/2 cup is 90 calories..

Since I found Blue Bells sugar free versions this I will be trying more flavors..
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Is there a latino community where you live? Paletas are like popsicles; 4 star popsicles for grownups; kids like 'em too. La Michoacana is a
    paleteria, (Mexican ice cream parlor), 3 miles from my home. I know it is 3 miles because, more than once, I've walked 6 miles round trip to
    have one of their paletas.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,578 Member
    Options
    I like the Weight Watchers ice cream bars. They are usually under 100 calories and are really good..and I HATE "LOW CAL" stuff esp ice cream. My faves are the giant latte bar and the cookies and creme bar. They are are a good size and do not have a bizarro diet taste to them.
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Breyer's Gelato - any flavor YUM! Silky and smooth and between 120 - 180 calories depending on the flavor.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If I'm going low calorie, Edys/Dreyers Slow Churned or Skinny Cow. But usually I try to save enough calories for something richer.
  • DataSeven
    DataSeven Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I live in a remote part of Canada so we typically get a lot less choice than my American friends. When I want ice cream, I tend to go for portion controlled frozen yogurt bars that I can just grab and nom. Loblaw's/Dominion has a nice selection in their store brand (President's Choice) of greek frozen yogurt bars, my current favorite is the caramel swirl one, around 120 calories or so. PC also has a round ice cream sandwich based on their 'eat the middle first' oreo style cookies. It's basically a larger oreo cookie ice cream sandwich, which they have in vanilla and mint flavors. I like the mint one. It's only about 100 calories and again, portion controlled which I like. Half the price of skinny cow sandwiches. One more item is Chapman's mini drumsticks. They're like a large drumstick, with the waffle cone, ice cream and toppings, but about 1/3 the size. 100 calories, but with the taste of the large drumstick.
  • PiSquared
    PiSquared Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I love the Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. Particularly mint. Snickerdoodle was my favorite, but alas, that flavor has been discontinued. I'm also a fan of Edy's Outshine bars in Creamy Coconut (the coconut water wasn't as good. I missed the creaminess). Also, the Weigh Watchers Giant Latte bars are good when I want a coffee ice cream fix. I try to stick with pre-portioned bars because I have a serious problem with portion control. One bar, one serving.

I do sometimes get a half gallon of frozen yogurt. Hood has a decent selection of low fat/fat free frozen yogurt. I like the vanilla bean. Top it with fruit and whipped topping for a decadent treat. If I have enough calories left, I may even use a scoop to go with pie or brownies. As a special treat, I made a batch of pecan blondies, and served them a la mode with the vanilla bean frozen yogurt. It was delicious!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    awnq8tqxf4di.jpg

All around ~200 + or minus 50

its_beautiful.jpg

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    bioklutz wrote: »
    My favorite is sea salt caramel gelato from talenti! Worth every calorie :)

PREACH

I don't always have calories for full servings, but I'm okay with half.

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

PREACH

Yesterday, I'd saved enough calories for two servings of Talenti sea salt caramel. Then I opened my freezer and realized the boyfriend had gotten to it. Polished off the container, but was only 1.57 servings... :sad:
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    for me its presidents choice frozen yogurt. But the best low calorie ice cream is skinny cow (any variety) I always try to reserve and extra 200 calories every night for ice cream though. If I don't reserve it I usually still end up eating ice cream. LOL
  • kruuTahn
    kruuTahn Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love the Mrs. Fields Klondike cookie ice cream sandwiches. 180 or 190 cals each. At work, I have a big box of Harris Teeter mini ice cream sandwiches in the freezer (110 cals each).
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Snickers mini ice cream bars have 90 calories, you could even have two. I buy a lot of Talenti, and it just depends on what I'm having the rest of the day whether I have a whole serving or half. There's only 190 calories in a full serving of Caribbean Coconut. Edy's slow churned is a good choice, but honestly, a full serving of that is ~66g, and a full serving of Talenti is ~100g, so you could go for a half serving of Talenti (or whatever brand of non-light ice cream or gelato) and be just as satisfied.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

PREACH

Yesterday, I'd saved enough calories for two servings of Talenti sea salt caramel. Then I opened my freezer and realized the boyfriend had gotten to it. Polished off the container, but was only 1.57 servings... :sad:

Noooooo! That would mean war in my house. Don't eat my Talenti! Ask my kids, they'll tell ya.
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Tub of Toll House Brownie Batter or Cookie Dough ice cream. Eat whole thing in one sitting.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I don't eat ice cream often, but when I do it's usually Edy's slow churned or Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers bars/sandwiches. Sometimes fudge bars.