Can't stop this downward spiral.....help and motivation needed badly

Options
Anyone want to buddy up?

I just can't seem to stop being greedy, I don't think I've had one 'good' day in weeks. I start off with good intentions and then just give in to temptation, I know it's all in the mind, I'm being bridesmaid in a few months and haven't been for my dress fitting yet so that should be spurring me on but it's not! I'm vegetarian and type 2 diabetic so I know my diet helps a lot with tiredness (I also have constant fatigue) and I'm just bored with food so I know I need a shake up, any ideas anyone?

Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Feel free to friend me. I can definitely relate to your situation. :)
  • AmeliasMami
    Options
    You can add me!! I can motivate and can use some encouragement as well. :smile:
  • mo1700
    mo1700 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Oh thanks guys... How do I add you?
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,951 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request. I'm pretty sure it shows up in your mailbox. (I clicked on your pic and then clicked Add as Friend. Hope this helps!)
  • mo1700
    Options
    Thank you ;))
  • Charlieher0
    Charlieher0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh god this sounds just like me, how do you remotivate / refocus yourself? I just cant seem to stay away from sugar!
  • Kat78956
    Kat78956 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Happy to have you add me. I am a total sugar addict so I can relate! One biscuit and thats it, I cant stop and eat the whole packet!
  • mo1700
    Options
    Oh I know that feeling, funny thing is I don't usually buy biscuits for that reason but have just started buying them WHY?
  • Charlieher0
    Charlieher0 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i know i usually dont like biscuits, but at work there is a huge draw full of them every type you can find and i try to avoid but somedays when i have a slow day it is just a free for all.

Kat78956 - im definatley the same i have managed to stop buying sweet stuff but am still struggling with the whole, if its there and open then I just can't have just one its sometimes the whole packet. I feel like i need to go to AA or something.
  • mo1700
    Options
    Ok so I'm gonna try and track everything even if I go over instead of thinking there's no point now.

I'm gonna try and exercise more

I'm gonna try and break bad habits and install good habits like just having had an apple instead of some rubbish

Anyone think of anything else?
  • AKM0282
    AKM0282 Posts: 36 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I know you've heard it before, because everyone has, but when you're bored or wanna binge on something but know you're not hungry just got for a short brisk walk. Something short, five or ten mins. It'll boost your mood and get your mind off of the food. Added bonus is you're moving more too!

Totally agree with logging everything no matter what. It's part of the process and might even flip a such for you when you see what you're doing.

You got this! You can do this! Everyone is here for you and rooting for you!
  • mo1700
    Options
    That is so true mommee2one but you tend to forget things like that, I also used to exercise on the wii but haven't done that for a while and yes we can do it, thanks ;)))
  • cknight143
    cknight143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Anyone feel fee to add me as a friend too. I can relate.
  • mo1700
    Options
    Have done, thanks cknight143
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    mo1700 wrote: »
    Anyone want to buddy up?

I just can't seem to stop being greedy, I don't think I've had one 'good' day in weeks. I start off with good intentions and then just give in to temptation, I know it's all in the mind, I'm being bridesmaid in a few months and haven't been for my dress fitting yet so that should be spurring me on but it's not! I'm vegetarian and type 2 diabetic so I know my diet helps a lot with tiredness (I also have constant fatigue) and I'm just bored with food so I know I need a shake up, any ideas anyone?

Is there anything (medically) that keeps you from exercising? If not ... try something completely new and way out of your box. I saw on here that someone was trying bouldering for the first time. Totally cool and a little intimidating (if it's me) ... maybe enough to get your mind off of what you're doing "wrong" and instead on how courageous you are! We shouldn't think so hard about losing weight. If it's me, that dress fitting for the wedding is got me like a deer in headlights - and that's not a good place to be if you have goals ... so shake yourself out of it and stop thinking/start doing! You can do it! :)
  • mo1700
    Options
    Thank you 4leighbee that is exactly how I've been feeling and I'm doing exactly that....doing that is! This support is great. I've started wii ing again but although I don't know what bouldering is I don't think it's me, I have been courageous in lots of ways and will continue with that, cheers ;)
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    mo1700 wrote: »
    Thank you 4leighbee that is exactly how I've been feeling and I'm doing exactly that....doing that is! This support is great. I've started wii ing again but although I don't know what bouldering is I don't think it's me, I have been courageous in lots of ways and will continue with that, cheers ;)

yep! good for you! :)