What are your best tips for increasing energy?

Options
2»

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Ease back in to activity recovering from bronchitis. If you have been using caffeine to get energized you will be sleepier until you have more. I get some caffeine from chocolate and tea, but besides that I'm pretty caffeine free. I wake up perky, unlike most of my colleagues.

And exercise. Well fuelled exercise really got my jets going. I skip down the hallway at work, perky, chirpy and annoying. I behave as if there were no economic downturn. I am pretty sure the Smoking Club hates me (as they huddle, shivering, in the back parking lot).
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I know it is a controversial word, but "clean" up your diet.

Can't tell you how much my energy, (and sleep for that matter), improved when I started focusing on whole, nutrient dense foods and got rid of all the processed fillers.
  • rrowdiness
    rrowdiness Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Methamphetamine Exercise, hydration, good rest.
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Just saw the bronchitis comment. I actually completely changed my diet after spending New Years Eve at the doctor with a sinus infection and bronchitis. I'd been sick for a month and couldn't shake it. Ended up on steroids, antibiotics and an inhaler. It was my wake up call.

I started clearing out my cabinets and replacing all the food in my house with better options. Just that I dropped about 12 pounds in the first month. Then I started exercising lightly and gradually increasing length and intensity. Just started tracking food a few weeks back. But I'm down about 30 pounds and feeling better than I have since I can remember - mentally, physically and emotionally.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    Options
    rrowdiness wrote: »
    Methamphetamine Exercise, hydration, good rest.

LOL!!!!

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Adequate rest, mental prep, and some carbs before hittin' it!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    Other than caffeine?

Stopping caffeine altogether and forever. You'd be amazed. I mean, after you spend a week in bed with headaches that don't go away. Most people are caffeine dependent and don't know it

I'm not a big coffe drinker. But I found now if I have one cappuccino or flat white I have a head ache for a few days. Just a light head ache, not a crawl up in bed one.

I found it wierd that one coffee can do that especially since I never really drank much coffee. I think at most one a day at the peak, I can't imagine the headache of someone who has like 4 cups a day, everyday.

But in topic I dont understand what your asking OP. When I am lacking energy it's cause I am sleepy. I can't think of a time I was well rested and lacked energy.

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Excercise

and Emergen-C sachets

and sleep

and water
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Other than caffeine?

Stopping caffeine altogether and forever. You'd be amazed. I mean, after you spend a week in bed with headaches that don't go away. Most people are caffeine dependent and don't know it

I'm not a big coffe drinker. But I found now if I have one cappuccino or flat white I have a head ache for a few days. Just a light head ache, not a crawl up in bed one.

I found it wierd that one coffee can do that especially since I never really drank much coffee. I think at most one a day at the peak, I can't imagine the headache of someone who has like 4 cups a day, everyday.

I meant most people, when quitting caffeine cold turkey, get tremendous headaches that Tylenol doesn't cure. And they take to bed for about a week.

If you get a headache from drinking coffee, consider yourself lucky that you have an incentive to stay away from that habit forming poison.

Most people are the opposite and get headaches when they quit coffee.

I guess that's one way to look at it, that I get a head ache from drinking coffee.

I was thinking its more withdrawals from not drinking coffee. Like I become dependant instantly :smiley: if I drink coffee every day I don't get headaches.

Coffee everyday then stop=headache
    Coffee once then stop=headache

• Bghere1
    Bghere1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    A packet of emergence and cool water. Preceed that with a B12 injection?!
  • cantumelia
    cantumelia Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Why would anyone want to quit caffeine? Why quitting one of life´s greatests pleasures? :neutral:
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Exercising daily (and in turn losing weight) has given me the most amazing energy boost.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Other than caffeine?

I meant most people, when quitting caffeine cold turkey, get tremendous headaches that Tylenol doesn't cure. And they take to bed for about a week.

If you get a headache from drinking coffee, consider yourself lucky that you have an incentive to stay away from that habit forming poison.

Most people are the opposite and get headaches when they quit coffee.

I guess that's one way to look at it, that I get a head ache from drinking coffee.

I was thinking its more withdrawals from not drinking coffee. Like I become dependant instantly :smiley: if I drink coffee every day I don't get headaches.

Coffee everyday then stop=headache
    Coffee once then stop=headache

You won't become dependent on caffeine by drinking one cup of coffee. Caffeine can increase your heart rate and blood pressure, so it is more likely related to that.