20lbs is 4weeks!!!

Options
Hi everyone,
I'm sure all you think this is a crazy plan but sometimes you just have to do what you gotta do. I'm going to be apart of a wedding May 15th in Texas- just bought a new VS bikini( for the extra motivation hehe) and need to be beach ready.
I'm reaching out for an extra push from you all and also looking for pals who are up for this challenge, I will be giving updates on my progress on a daily basis.
LET GET TO IT
Dead line May 10th

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    bad form on the people organising the wedding that they only told you about it 4 weeks in advance!
  • claudiamejia2
    claudiamejia2 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Correction**** May 15th!! Hehe
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    To be honest, your goal is not realistic. I think you would be better served setting your goal for 1 lb per week, adding in some strength/resistance training, and eating a decent amount of protein to retain lean body mass. That would allow you to reduce body fat and increase your muscle definition, and you would probably be able to drop a size. When you are close to your goal, the focus on size and measurements is usually a better indicator than the number on the scale.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Not to rain on your parade but it isn't going to happen. You would need to net 2500 less calories a day than you are presently consuming for the next 4 weeks. Prepare for disappointment!
  • NCSteveVH
    NCSteveVH Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That's quite a goal you've set. To give you a guideline on what you'll need to do to reach this goal, you'll have to burn about 2500 calories per day OVER your maintenance calories to lose .75 lbs per day (.75 x 28 days = 21 lbs). Plan accordingly. Good luck!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but you should have started months ago. But worse off, you are just setting yourself up for disappointment. In 1 month you can reasonable get off another 5lbs. No amount of support or motivation is going to help.
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    kgeyser wrote: »
    To be honest, your goal is not realistic. I think you would be better served setting your goal for 1 lb per week, adding in some strength/resistance training, and eating a decent amount of protein to retain lean body mass. That would allow you to reduce body fat and increase your muscle definition, and you would probably be able to drop a size. When you are close to your goal, the focus on size and measurements is usually a better indicator than the number on the scale.

^ boom!

Ask your doctor if s/he thinks it's a good idea and see what they say.
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can. Use the event as motivation for you weight loss journey. Realistically 20 pounds might not be realistic...however you can arrive at the wedding a clothing size smaller looking and feeling terrific. We are here to support you.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sorry hon, you should have started a month or more ago. Your goal is not realistic or at all healthy.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    oNalb4k.jpg
  • 20Grit
    20Grit Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I think everyone has it covered.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    oNalb4k.jpg

lol Love the pic! :D
    Even if you were to manage to lose 2 lbs a week you'd still be short by 4 lbs. Just doesn't seem very realistic, sorry. :o
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    So this isn't about getting healthier or anything, it's just about trying to fit into clothes for one day and who cares about all the other days between now and then, or afterward?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    In all honesty do you really truely believe you can lose 20lbs in 4 weeks without some sort of surgical intervention????????
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    In all honesty do you really truely believe you can lose 20lbs in 4 weeks without some sort of surgical intervention????????

And here I thought she was planning on amputating a limb.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else fine it fascinating that the English language is odd enough to make being "a part of a wedding" and "apart of a wedding" opposite concepts?
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    For something like that you're better off focusing on things that make you look temporarily better, because you're not going to lose that much in 4 weeks. And if you do, you're probably not going to feel good enough to actually enjoy the wedding or do the things you need to do.

Nearer the time, get a bikini that fits you well. If the one you've got fits, then great, but if it doesn't then a fell-fitted bikini will make you look much better than losing weight will. Clothes that are too tight can make anyone look fat. Also, find a style that suits and and that you're comfortable in. If you don't feel comfortable in a bikini get a tankini or costume that you're happy in, confidence goes a long way.

Different people find different foods and habits affect their bodies in different way. Some say that carbs make them bloat, for example, so you could use these 4 week to find out if that's the case for you. Personally, I know that if I eat a huge meal shortly before going to bed then I'm usually a bit more bloated the next morning, but if I eat nothing before going to bed I feel properly ill when I wake up, so I need to eat something small. Note that things like eating carbs or eating late will not affect weight loss in the long run, but they can make your body change in the short term because of things like water retention.

Tans are supposed to be slimming, so maybe look into some fake tan if that sort of thing appeals to you. You could also look into products like body wraps. I've never tried them myself, but many people say they give great (but remember temporary) results, so if you don't mind spending the money it might be worth a try. Finally, know how to hold yourself - chin up, shoulders back, bum in. Practise in front of the mirror to find the best way to stand (and the best way to suck it in if you want!), and what angle you look best from if photos are going to be taken.

Try to keep your expectations realistic, and enjoy the wedding! Good luck!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Look into Lyle's Protein Sparing Modified Fast - it isn't a fast but a low cal diet. You'll hit the twenty pound loss - expect to feel like crap and expect to regain it afterwards - it isn't a useful strategy for reasonable weight loss but can be successful for an event when you gotta make weight, like a wedding.

The majority of the loss will be water weight. Maybe a third will be fat loss.

For four weeks, it isn't too unhealthy - but you'll have to be careful to get your micro nutrients. Please do not follow it beyond 6 weeks unless medically supervised.

Most likely you'll regain every lb and then some, so it's a bad idea that will work for the short period.

So there - how to do it with all the caveats. And go!