Ways to work out...

Options
I'm a stay at home mommy and have my 6 month old daughter with me everyday all day. Since starting MFP 10 days ago we have walked 30-45 almost everyday. I just push her in the stroller. I would love to join a gym but because I have her and can't afford a membership right now, it's not an option. I was wondering what other workout ideas would you guys suggest that maybe I can do while she naps or during the day with her? Walking is starting to get boring and I feel like I'm not working out enough to help the weight loss. Any ideas would be great.

Replies

• HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options
    Do you have Netflix?

Some cool exercise options on instant .. I like the 10 minute ones so you can get healthy bursts in when the timing works.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I'm a stay at home mommy and have my 6 month old daughter with me everyday all day. Since starting MFP 10 days ago we have walked 30-45 almost everyday. I just push her in the stroller. I would love to join a gym but because I have her and can't afford a membership right now, it's not an option. I was wondering what other workout ideas would you guys suggest that maybe I can do while she naps or during the day with her? Walking is starting to get boring and I feel like I'm not working out enough to help the weight loss. Any ideas would be great.

Body weight exercises like push-ups, pull-ups, sit-ups, planks/bridges, burpees, jump rope, tabata.
  • DebiP10
    DebiP10 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Get some Jilliam Michael workout dvds, 30 day shred is only 20 mins a day so should fit in great around your baby.
  • clairesmommie
    clairesmommie Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes I do have Netflix! I will look into that!

Do you have Netflix?

Some cool exercise options on instant .. I like the 10 minute ones so you can get healthy bursts in when the timing works.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't have titles, but there are some workouts that use your baby as your weight, a mommy/baby bonding time kind of thing. There's also mommy/baby yoga....
  • Nessiep
    Nessiep Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi excersize bike is ideal..or jogging on the spot 4 10 mins burns off around 85 cals:happy:
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I don't have titles, but there are some workouts that use your baby as your weight, a mommy/baby bonding time kind of thing. There's also mommy/baby yoga....

Oh, also, check out the local hospital/health plans/larger doctor's offices and medical centers' websites for mother's groups that have exercise times, usually very inexpensive or free. :)
  • denise980
    denise980 Posts: 296
    Options
    Do you have Comcast OnDemand? Under Sports and Fitness there are a lot of videos that run anywhere from 10 minutes to half an hour or more. You can look up the average calorie burn for the exercises online (or even better if you have a HRM) and then you can make your own exercises under the "Exercise toolbar".

Hope this helps :-)

PS- I used exercise tv all the time (which is the Comcast thing) and I love it!!!!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    When I was stuck at home with two little ones under 2 I got myself an elliptical trainer, a few dumbbells and a bunch of DVDs. I lost all of my baby weight through diet and exercising at home. (130 pounds when baby was 6 months old down to 105 in 5 months)

IT CAN BE DONE!