21 day fix!

Options

Replies

• stockbreak
    stockbreak Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We have to remember everyone is different. Some people do great just counting calories on the app, some people do better with more structure....a specific diet and exercise plan. If someone wants to spend money on a plan that helps them get healthier, I dont see the problem. You can count calories exclusively that doesnt mean you are eating healthy. Many of the eating plans included in these programs teach balance, not to be scared of healthy fats, introduce a great mix of fruits and vegetables someone may never have tried before. If it works for you and you are enjoying it, whichever it is (just counting cals or using fitness programs) thats great, more power to you! Wish you all the best and happiness and may you reach your goals no matter what road you choose
  • NoIdea101NoIdea
    NoIdea101NoIdea Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Genuinely out of curiosity and not trying to start any sort of argument here (because I know that is how it may be perceived), but how many of you who are saying how amazing this diet is have kept the weight off after coming off it? Is it the sort of diet that is maintainable?
  • galengentry
    galengentry Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @herrspoons No, "brah" I am not. (As I have said at several points in this string. No affiliation. Don't buy the shakeology stuff. I just think that the it's a good program. ) There is no one true way to fitness. The arguments of folks like mccindy72 are illogical. The argument that you don't have anything to do on the 22nd day is also illogical.

True believers never let facts get in the way of their opinions.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,585 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    I only know one person (coworker) that has tried this. She says it was very helpful to her in learning portion control. I don't know how strictly she followed the workouts, but she brings her lunch in the containers everyday and has been consistently losing. So, I guess it is a good tool for some. Fodder for mockery for others.
    If you plan to use color coded Tupperware and shakes from someone called Shakeology for the rest of your life and believe that it is simpler than figuring out how to measure and log your food and exercise then go for it!
    But if the 21 day program doesn't set you up for the next 22 to 2222 days, what's there not to mock?

"very helpful to her in learning portion control" Learning portion control isn't setting oneself up for good habits in the future. There is mod here who doesn't seem to mind the mocking so I guess I shouldn't, but learning portion control sounds like a pretty important thing for the future to me. Mock away if that is how you get your kicks.
    Just for your info: if a mod participates in a thread, they cannot moderate it. Conflict of interest.
    As with any thread, if you have a complaint, report it then it will be looked at by the moderation staff and dealt with objectively.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• harpsdesire
    harpsdesire Posts: 190 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I joined a 21-day fix challenge group, but I'm not using the plans and products, just benefiting from the support of friends and active facebook group that's keeping me feeling motivated and excited about keeping active.

I've been offered links to buy things if I choose, but there's been no hard sell, nor has anyone in the group been negative or dismissive of the fact that I'm using CICO instead of the Beachbody products.
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I only know one person (coworker) that has tried this. She says it was very helpful to her in learning portion control. I don't know how strictly she followed the workouts, but she brings her lunch in the containers everyday and has been consistently losing. So, I guess it is a good tool for some. Fodder for mockery for others.
    If you plan to use color coded Tupperware and shakes from someone called Shakeology for the rest of your life and believe that it is simpler than figuring out how to measure and log your food and exercise then go for it!
    But if the 21 day program doesn't set you up for the next 22 to 2222 days, what's there not to mock?

So you have to commit to something for the rest of your life in order to lose weight? Wow, that is like the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I would not want to be you. You need to seriously loosen up and realize that there are about a million tools out there to help people lose weight. If it works for some, then why not be supportive of that? Jeesh!
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »

I really don't understand this line of reasoning. Sure, it's set up as a "21 day program", but I set time specific training goals for myself pretty frequently. Just because I train for 16 weeks for a marathon doesn't mean I become a couch potato during the 17th week. I actually own the 21 Day Fix, I've never used those silly containers, and I'm not following the prescribed 21 day schedule. I do like the workouts on non-running days.

The point is it's unnecessary. You yourself aren't even using the program that you paid for. One can find similar workouts on YouTube for free. One can learn to portion out food on your own without buying special containers. It's a waste of money and it doesn't teach independence; it's basically saying "you have to have this or you won't lose weight" which is not true at all.

Does it say that? Does it say this is the one and only way?

People spend money on lots of things that help with weight loss or fitness goals that isn't "necessary". Big deal. It's their money to spend, isn't it?

Do you make a habit out of defending lost causes and stupid decisions or is it just on this board?

Seriously, I'm interested.

I get it. If somebody does something other than what you do to lose weight, they are a lost cause and make stupid decisions. You should start your own discussion board just for you and whoever else drinks your kool-aid. Not very cool to insult people because their choices are different than yours. You really don't belong on this board then.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    It's pretty sad to see adults that run from thread to thread to poke fun at people. If I were the OP I would be very hurt at the way some of you are answering. Remember, that not everyone knows as much as you do about diet/exercise. Some people become desperate because they feel like they have nowhere to turn. Some people are so frustrated they are willing try anything. People in those kinds of emotional states (not implying the OP is) don't need to be made fun of. Just give good advice and keep it moving. Keyboards make people too confident.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    @herrspoons No, "brah" I am not. (As I have said at several points in this string. No affiliation. Don't buy the shakeology stuff. I just think that the it's a good program. ) There is no one true way to fitness. The arguments of folks like mccindy72 are illogical. The argument that you don't have anything to do on the 22nd day is also illogical.

True believers never let facts get in the way of their opinions.
    I'm dying

:sweat_smile:

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    stockbreak wrote: »
    We have to remember everyone is different. Some people do great just counting calories on the app, some people do better with more structure....a specific diet and exercise plan. If someone wants to spend money on a plan that helps them get healthier, I dont see the problem. You can count calories exclusively that doesnt mean you are eating healthy. Many of the eating plans included in these programs teach balance, not to be scared of healthy fats, introduce a great mix of fruits and vegetables someone may never have tried before. If it works for you and you are enjoying it, whichever it is (just counting cals or using fitness programs) thats great, more power to you! Wish you all the best and happiness and may you reach your goals no matter what road you choose

Most plans don't really do that. 21 day fix is one of those that do, but it is still not necessary. I am perfectly capable of putting together a good meal plan every day within the calorie goal given by MFP. And because I'm no genius, it amazes me that not everybody could do it too.
  • jkwolly
    Options
    It's pretty sad to see adults that run from thread to thread to poke fun at people. If I were the OP I would be very hurt at the way some of you are answering. Remember, that not everyone knows as much as you do about diet/exercise. Some people become desperate because they feel like they have nowhere to turn. Some people are so frustrated they are willing try anything. People in those kinds of emotional states (not implying the OP is) don't need to be made fun of. Just give good advice and keep it moving. Keyboards make people too confident.
    If you get hurt over people responding to an online forum, then you need to get out more.

I'd say the same thing in person to anyone I talked to that asked about it.
  • MarineCodie
    Options
    jkwolly wrote: »
    If you get hurt over people responding to an online forum, then you need to get out more.

Are you kidding me? I haven't read all (any) of your posts here so I can't accurately speak on what exactly it is you'd say in person. I'm just always amazed that people can be so fast to lash out at people on the internet. I have never met people like this in real life so I really can't believe that others here would say what they type "in real life".
  • jkwolly
    Options

Are you kidding me? I haven't read all (any) of your posts here so I can't accurately speak on what exactly it is you'd say in person. I'm just always amazed that people can be so fast to lash out at people on the internet. I have never met people like this in real life so I really can't believe that others here would say what they type "in real life".
    Most of the first posts were pretty nice, actually.
    First response:
    Oh my gosh, it's AMAZING! I did it in the fall and lost 6lbs and 13" in one round! The nutrition plan is so innovative and super easy to follow and because you do a different workout every day you don't get bored. PLUS, it's only three weeks for one round and you can do anything for 21 days!

Feel free to add me if you have more questions or just friend me in general! :)

Second response:
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Why not just measure and weigh your food, log everything you eat and drink via MFP, and find exercise plans online? You'll save yourself a ton of money.

OP can make their own decisions, but they've got all the info they need right in the second one.

• jkwolly
    Options
    Oh, and none of my comments in here were remotely productive.
  • MarineCodie
    Options

Most of the first posts were pretty nice, actually.
    First response:
    Oh my gosh, it's AMAZING! I did it in the fall and lost 6lbs and 13" in one round! The nutrition plan is so innovative and super easy to follow and because you do a different workout every day you don't get bored. PLUS, it's only three weeks for one round and you can do anything for 21 days!

Second response:
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Why not just measure and weigh your food, log everything you eat and drink via MFP, and find exercise plans online? You'll save yourself a ton of money.

OP can make their own decisions, but they've got all the info they need right in the second one.

Sorry you felt the need to re-post the first responses before the bullying. All of the posters here will ultimately make their own decisions. I am all for people giving real and sometimes even tough advice. I was simply commenting on the delivery. Perhaps some of the posters actually don't get out much and do get hurt easily. It's an interesting trend here that's for sure. People just making fun of others.
  • bamboom310
    Options

^^^^OMG this!!!; 21 day fix is the best thing to happen to the universe since God!!! :)

I admit when a friend first introduced me to 21 day fix, I was like, REALLY skeptical. I mean, who would be dumb enough to pay over 100 bucks for a 5 dollar workout video, some instant shake powder, and 2 dollars worth of cheesy colored Tupperware, right?

But I was!

Now, I'm only on day 2 and already I added 10 lbs of muscle, lost 20 lbs of fat, lost 37 inches off my waist, qualified for the next olympics, and passed the Pope's requirements for sainthood! Not only that, but my lost dog came back, my mother got out of prison, my wife left that doctor she ran off with and returned to me, my mother-in-law burst a blood vessel in her brain and dropped dead instantly, my you-know-what grew 3 inches, my lost shot gun has been found, I won the state lottery twice in one day, and so much much more!

I can't wait to see what happens on day 3 tomorrow!

ETA: Oh, most importantly, I am not a Beach Body coach, so I am not compensated for making these clearly unbiased statements.

Hahaha funny
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    There were a bunch of people who did the 21 day fix on YouTube (sponsored). But because these people had absolutely no interest in actually getting fit, they failed. One woman in particular butchered the program by eating whatever she wanted and exercising sporadically while claiming to be on the program. I really think if you are serious about getting fit or losing weight you will look to the long term and not just follow a fad, imo.