Weird question.... deodorant?

Replies

• Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    I, too, put it on right after a shower. Whether my shower is morning, noon or night! And, even if I don't shower in the morning before going out, I always add a little more just in case! :laugh:

My problem is . . . I'll use Dove for a while and then it stops working! So, I switch to Teen Spirit (even though I'm 24 . . .hehe, it smells good!) and after a while, it stops working, too! I switched this past week to a non-perfumed deodorant called Dry Idea and it seems to be working perfectly. The only thing I miss is the whiff of nice-smelling deodorant! This stuff kinda smells like alcohol when you first put it on. When it dries . . . nothing. :indifferent:

Anybody else have that problem?
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    I put it on after I get dressed after a shower. If I take a shower in the evening I'll put in on too so I don't ruin a clean body with smelly pits. If I stay in my pajamas and don't shower, I don't put on deodorant because I figure I'm already smelly so what's the point. :laugh:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Every time I shower, I put lotion on, everywhere, and then put deodorant on then get dressed. Whether it is the shower I take at night before bed or the one I take in the morning before work. It just makes me feel clean and fresh.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Every time I shower, I put lotion on, everywhere, and then put deodorant on then get dressed. Whether it is the shower I take at night before bed or the one I take in the morning before work. It just makes me feel clean and fresh.:flowerforyou: :bigsmile: :drinker:

:drinker: Here here sister! And the lotion habit is one I wish I could get into!! My skin is so dry, especially now that I'm preggers and I really wish I had the patience to give myself a good rub down once a day but it's so tiresome to me.... maybe there's just too much of me to cover :laugh: and I get sick of spending all that time doing it. Plus like someone else who wasn't sure about deodorant and it being more harmful or whatever, lotions tend to contain a lot of wax and I wonder If using lotion every day would eventually trick my body into not producing it's natural moisturizers.... man am I long winded.... :embarassed:
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Nope never put it on before I go to sleep - i've got enough chemical seeping through my pores - all day long - I give my body a break
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    They're are some yucking people on this thread....I put it on after shower and again before going anywhere and usually I use at least 2 dif kinds...

I'm not yucking because i dont wear deoderant... i just don't sweat therefore i dont smell like pits....

never have i ever ... had someone say i smell like armpit!!! oh wait thats a different thread:laugh:
  • kellch

:drinker: Here here sister! And the lotion habit is one I wish I could get into!! My skin is so dry, especially now that I'm preggers and I really wish I had the patience to give myself a good rub down once a day but it's so tiresome to me.... maybe there's just too much of me to cover :laugh: and I get sick of spending all that time doing it. Plus like someone else who wasn't sure about deodorant and it being more harmful or whatever, lotions tend to contain a lot of wax and I wonder If using lotion every day would eventually trick my body into not producing it's natural moisturizers.... man am I long winded.... :embarassed:

I love Bath N Body works. I just feel so fresh when I put the lotion on. Smells good :bigsmile: And I have dry skin.:grumble: Especially in the winter so it's just a habit now :ohwell: :wink:
  • kellch
    They're are some yucking people on this thread....I put it on after shower and again before going anywhere and usually I use at least 2 dif kinds...

I'm not yucking because i dont wear deoderant... i just don't sweat therefore i dont smell like pits....

never have i ever ... had someone say i smell like armpit!!! oh wait thats a different thread:laugh:

That's not what I heard whistling.gif
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member

:laugh:
  • kellch

:laugh:

:bigsmile:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    I put deoderant on in the morning and when I take a shower after working out I still put it on. If I dont have deoderant on I just feel like I stink. I have to have it on. I have always used Secret baby fresh. And I use the solid. I love the smell of it and I like how it goes on.

Connie
  • kellch
    I put deoderant on in the morning and when I take a shower after working out I still put it on. If I dont have deoderant on I just feel like I stink. I have to have it on. I have always used Secret baby fresh. And I use the solid. I love the smell of it and I like how it goes on.

Connie

I love Degree :drinker: Smells loverly:bigsmile:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    I never put deodorant on when I go for a run..I figure I'm going to sweat, I'm outside, what's the harm. Also, I don't put deodorant on unless I am going to work or going out. I, too, think I slap enough chemicals on my body, I don't want to do it if I don't absolutely have to. I have a good friend who does the same thing...and we'd tell each other if we stank...haha.
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    The only time I put deo on after a shower is if I take a shower in the morning...I have never put it on before bed.... I mean if you have a sweating problem that is fine.... or if someone comes to visit you in the night and you want to smell good lol

I heard that Tom of Main's deo has aluminum free kind, pretty natural, haven't tried it so I don't know how it works... however there is a difference btwn deo and antipersperant (sp?) and I'm not sure if it's just one or it's both

I use Dove sensitive skin...I can get pretty bad underarm razor burn :grumble:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    I put deodorant on a couple times a day...I sweat a lot LOL. I put it in after my shower at night, then when I wake up, then before work, or before I have to go somewhere. I am a little deo-happy with it because it smells SO good.
  • tabbiekaye23
    tabbiekaye23 Posts: 61 Member
    i put it on right after the shower and then when i get dressed
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member

I put on deodorant when I'm getting dressed for the day (which usually follows a shower), but if I was showering before bed I wouldn't. Unless your husband has B.O. I think he's a grown man and knows his body. What's the big deal?

No big deal, hence the smileys and question at the end implying I was the one with the weird habit :smile:

And it wasn't a question of before bed, or before working out, before leaving the house, etc .... I'm pretty sure i said "after a shower" and I guess that's just how I grew up.... putting it on after a shower. And btw he might be grown, but I can smell him long before he can :flowerforyou:

If there's an odor issue, do him a favor and complain. He needs to know.
  • I just put it on when I feel like it, No particular time or place, I just have it in my head that I smell quite nice naturally, but not BO natural, just nice stuff in general. But I do put it on, when out in public in most occasions, just incase my theory is wrong.
  • I am of the same opinion as some of the others. I put enough chemicals and yuck in my body all day. I like to let it be natural at night. I do not have a sleeping partner, however, so my attitude about that may change after I get married! haha :laugh:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I put on deodorant after I put a shirt on when going anywhere or being around the house. If I shower before bed I usually don't worry about it because I will be showering in the morning.