100 pounds in 6 months

Options
So far I've lost 100 pounds in a little over 6 months by dedicating myself to the gym as well as other physically active activities and by eating at a calorie deficit.

I'm not sure what my ultimate goal weight is. I'd like to try and get below 200.

Also, I'm 6'3 in case anybody was wondering.

i8i2k0dofmc7.jpg

The before pic is a bit older, but I was the same weight when I started back in September.

Replies

• JudyCoventry37
    JudyCoventry37 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wow! how many calories a day have you been eating?
  • saggyandbaggy
    saggyandbaggy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    well done - the pictures say it all!
  • stemmingthetide
    stemmingthetide Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Dave55412
    Dave55412 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Way to go, man! Keep pushing!!!
  • mjhellmers
    mjhellmers Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!
  • emily889
    emily889 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Impressive!
  • thin1dayplease
    thin1dayplease Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. As another posters asked, I am also curious to know how many calories a day have you been eating? Have you ate back your exercise cals?
  • kungfuthis
    kungfuthis Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Bravo, Sir. :)
  • jroelofs777
    jroelofs777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Good job. I'm just about matching that pace. 20 pounds in 5 weeks. First ten pounds before I started using the app. Any tips? GO HAWKS!!!
  • deckers67
    deckers67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Where's the big smile in the right-hand pics? : )

Great job!

Just by Googling, I can see there are a lot of different height/weight ratio charts out there, but I'm sure your doctor would be a better source for a realistic goal anyway. Stay healthy & happy!
  • tanyamoore77
    tanyamoore77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. As another posters asked, I am also curious to know how many calories a day have you been eating? Have you ate back your exercise cals?

I have the same questions as this lady. Please share your strategy. Even if your method is not perfect for everyone, it obviously worked for you!
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job! :) Like saggy said, the picture says it all!! May I ask what you've been doing at the gym and what your average daily calorie intake is? :)
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    serious effort was put in here! high five bud, you clearly have the right mindset!
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    you don't look 260, much less. great job!
  • techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

I'm not sure of the exact amount of calories I've eaten. I didn't want to dwell on every calorie I ate. I'm guessing somewhere between 1500-2000. Each day was different. I racked for a little while just to get a better understanding of how many calories I could eat and still be ok.

The biggest thing for me though is that I go to the gym twice a day. Once in the morning before work and once in the evening. I pretty much just do cardio in the morning and then cardio/weights in the evening.

Also, I have my official weigh-ins every Friday morning and let myself eat a little more on the weekends so as not to feel guilty about going out once in a while or going to a birthday party etc...

Hopefully that answers your questions!
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! Congrats!
  • lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options

I'm not sure of the exact amount of calories I've eaten. I didn't want to dwell on every calorie I ate. I'm guessing somewhere between 1500-2000. Each day was different. I racked for a little while just to get a better understanding of how many calories I could eat and still be ok.

The biggest thing for me though is that I go to the gym twice a day. Once in the morning before work and once in the evening. I pretty much just do cardio in the morning and then cardio/weights in the evening.

Also, I have my official weigh-ins every Friday morning and let myself eat a little more on the weekends so as not to feel guilty about going out once in a while or going to a birthday party etc...

Hopefully that answers your questions!
    For a lot of people all it takes is small changes to their lifestyle to make huge impacts. My mom had always been 20-30 pounds off her goal weight for years, yo-yo dieting, she would make changes but never be consistent and never exercised. Finally I got her to do the couch-to-5k program and now she and my dad both run 3 miles a few times a week, and it helped her lose that last 25 pounds so fast! I'm glad changing up your routine a bit has helped you so much too.

• techguymike7801
    techguymike7801 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    deckers67 wrote: »
    Where's the big smile in the right-hand pics? : )

Great job!

Just by Googling, I can see there are a lot of different height/weight ratio charts out there, but I'm sure your doctor would be a better source for a realistic goal anyway. Stay healthy & happy!

People keep asking me why I didn't smile in the "After" photo. I was just trying to recreate the "before" photo and trust me, I was NOT happy in it ;)
  • wyceta
    wyceta Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First of all, congrats! What exercises do you do? What type of cardio? How do you strength train?
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lad! You ate looking good indeed :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!