Best (reasonable) weight loss tip you've used- go!

Options

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Log in everyday. Even if you had a binge day or one where you barely felt like eating, log everything. Don't give up on logging.
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Keep your eye on the prize. For me, it's looking HOT in a bikini, fitting back into my clothes, and feeling and looking my best, not to mention cutting down on my risk of diabetes,etc.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    Homemade super low-cal soups in big batches. Google "zero point soup" Serious I lost 60 of my 90 pounds because of it.

Big fan of soup! Would eat it every day if my family wouldn't rebel.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Patience

This one is important. You have to be ready mentally.
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Create a deficit to lose weight, no need to jump or leap through hoops.
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Start with small goals. For example: make it to the gym 3-4x a week. Lose 10 pounds. Lose enough to fit comfortably in that tight dress. Eat as healthy as you can for a whole week. Lose 2 inches on the belly. No alcohol for a month. Obviously these are just examples, do what works for you. Once you've achieved the small goals make bigger ones!

Good luck :)
  • Altagracia220
    Options
    Oh here's another: Don't weigh yourself 10 times a day. Don't even weigh once a day. Do it once a week and measure yourself and keep track.
  • dwpendar
    dwpendar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That is a very good one Jazmin....you'll go nuts.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    Oh here's another: Don't weigh yourself 10 times a day. Don't even weigh once a day. Do it once a week and measure yourself and keep track.
    Agreed. Notice a couple of commenters mentioned "patience"? Nothing makes me more impatient than jumping on the scale looking for miniscule decreases! I'm encouraged that I actually meant to weigh in this morning for the week... and I forgot! :)
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Give yourself small goals instead of focusing on the whole amount you want to lose. This one was most helpful for me because I am easily discouraged.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Sorry for being Capt Obvious:
    If you want something to change, you must be willing to change some other things.
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    1) Treat yourself like you would a child - speak with kindness, forgive mistake, encourage positive growth
    2) "You didn't gain it all at once, why expect to lose it all at once" - i.e. patience
    3) "Saying 'oops I ate something I shouldn't have, better give up for today' is like saying 'oops I dropped my phone, better stomp on it until it breaks'"
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Don't eat so damn much.
  • kailadriel
    kailadriel Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Think about eating *insert food you don't like* when you feel hungry. Would you eat it? Really? Then you are probably actually hungry and should eat something. Would you not eat it? Probably want to eat for a different reason, and should figure out something else to do instead.
  • isulo_kura
    isulo_kura Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Keep it simple
  • scraver2003
    scraver2003 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Hunger is not an emergency.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »

I'll be the weirdo that says "Weigh yourself 10 times a day." I found that weighing once a week made me more obsessive and likely to be disappointed. Once I started weighing frequently, many times a day? I could see that most motions in the scale are not signal, but noise. Seeing an overnight drop of 5 pounds? Kind of made it clear to me that fat loss is not something I can track with limited data points. So, I weigh myself very, very frequently, and just make mental note of the RANGE of my weight. (Nobody really has "a weight," we all have a range that varies due to digestive timing and water retention) I see the downward trend in that range, call it a success, and just pick a midpoint as my "MFP official" weight.

For me, and likely for many others, weighing MORE often is the key to letting go of the obsession. You just have to come to the realization that any changes in the numbers you are seeing are not coming from actual loss of body fat. That can't be seen on a day-to-day basis, the amounts of fat you're losing aren't going to be large enough to register on the scale in just a day.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Eat less, move more.
  • greenlizard72
    greenlizard72 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hunger is not an emergency.

Perfect. I am stealing this.
  • mmanuel01
    mmanuel01 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Only make changes you can really see yourself doing forever.

Great sugesstion!