what to eat for breakfast?

Options
2»

Replies

• craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    My 7 year old son came up with this for his breakfast and I have adopted it a couple times a week.

Waffle Sandwich

Eggo Whole Grain Waffle (70 calories)
    1 Tbspn Skippy All Natural Peanut Butter (98 calories)
    handful of raisins (75 calories)

Cut the waffle in half, spread the peanut butter on each side, put the raisins in the middle.

I double the peanut butter and when I eat it at 7 am I'm not hungry until lunch time.

I second this idea! Sometimes I make a PB&J using a waffle :wink:

What about egg muffins? Scramble some eggs, add your veggies/meats like you are making an omlette, pour into muffin tins and bake. They reheat easily and are great to grab-n-go.
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I eat 3 breakfasts before lunch

4am- Kashi Cereal & Milk
    6:30am-Orange and String Cheese
    8:45am- Banana and protein-Egg etc
    11:00- is Lunch
    4:00pm is Dinner
    6:00pm is Snack

Couldn't imagine not eating anyting between 4 am and 11 am sheesh lol.
  • swebb1103
    swebb1103 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 breakfasts, a light one (usually a protein shake) before my workout and then a heavier one after my workout. I pre-cook bacon or sausage and heat it up and scramble an egg - quick and easy, and then I am good until my lunchtime (which is usually 2 - 3pm).
  • ceejay000
    ceejay000 Posts: 402 Member
    Options

What about egg muffins? Scramble some eggs, add your veggies/meats like you are making an omlette, pour into muffin tins and bake. They reheat easily and are great to grab-n-go.

I've done this using egg whites. Made a whole bunch, then refrigerated them to use for the week. In the morning I'd toast a whole wheat English muffin, throw the egg muffin in the microwave, cut up some avocado and tomato, and then put it all together. Actually, I ate two of the egg muffins and did open face sandwiches because I used egg whites and they were really low cal (~40 cals/muffin using egg whites and a bunch of veggies). The whole breakfast was 265 cals.
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I know not everyone likes them but I use the "fake eggs" - I get the generic version of EggBeaters. I chop a bunch of peppers, onions, mushrooms and spinich, saute' it in pam spray and then mix the fake egg in and scramble it. The more vegies, the more filling it is and 1/2 cup of the eggs only have about 60 calories - lots of protein in the eggs. I'm not usually hungry for 3 hours or so.
  • matchpek
    matchpek Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    :happy: Wow - these are all such great ideas. Thanks everyone for the help. I will be preparing some good stuff this weekend to be prepared for the week. THANKS AGAIN-- this website is awesome!:flowerforyou:
  • HeyLisa
    HeyLisa Posts: 201
    Options

OMG love this idea!! Thanks!
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I have an omlette.

2 eggs, whole eggs btw!
    stack of mushrooms
    little bit of light cheese
    tomatoes
    slice of ham

I can make it huge for not a lot of calories. NOM!!!
  • Roe1968
    Roe1968 Posts: 133
    Options
    McANN"S OATMEAL - 1/2 DRY OATMEAL WITH 3/4 ORIGINAL ALMOND MILK AND MICROWAVE FOR 2 MINUTES. TOPS WITH 10 WALNUTS CHOPPED AND CINNAMON...WITH 1 CUP OF BERRIES ON THE SIDE WITH GREEN TEA OR COFFEE, NO SUGAR AND ALMOND MILK...

OR 3/4 CUP LIQUID EGG WHITES SCRAMBLED WITH MUSHROOMS, SPINACH AND CHERRY TOMATOES, 1 SLICE OF EZEKIEL BREAD AND 1 CUP OF FRUIT
  • tsherb
    tsherb Posts: 6
    Options
    I tend to try to get a fair amount of protein in the morning but also try to keep the calories to between 200-250. I also then have a snack a couple hours later. My typical breakfast is:

Arnold's 100 calorie whole wheat thin roll, 1/2 cup of eggbeaters, 1/8 of a cup of reduced fat mozzarella cheese, and a tablespoon of hormel's real bacon bits total calories is 220 and even better I can eat it in the car on my drive into work. :happy: Hope this helps and continued success.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Make the sandwiches yourself. The night before, cook an egg and keep it the size that will fit on an english muffin I use wheat). In the morning, toast the english muffin. While it is toasting, microwave the egg for a few seconds until hot. Take your toasted muffin, add a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese. Slap the egg on the english muffin and you are done. The sandwich has 240 calories. Not bad!

great idea!!
    I'll have to give this a try along w/a few others here :smile:
  • chantel14
    chantel14 Posts: 128
    Options
    HEB makes a light sausage, so I usually make a egg, sausage and spinach breakfast burrito with whole wheat tortilla. Its really good :)
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    egg puffs you can make the night before or the weekend

scramble up some eggs maybe about 6....add in some cut onion spinach, chopped turkey sausage a little low fat shredded cheese and pour into non stick muffin pan and bake up til the egg is fully cooked and fluffy and then just grab them out of the fridge or freezer when you need a quick breakfast and nuke em and you are on your way.
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I make a quiche once every 8 days -- I vary the ingredients up a little each time... but I use a store brand pie crust, 8 eggs, spinach, asparagus, cheddar cheese, half & half (or skim milk), mushrooms, onions, pretty much any veggie you have in the fridge! -- I live alone so I have a slice of this every morning for breakfast.

The calories range from 250-340, depending on whether you use half & half or skim milk and how much cheese you use as well... This last time I didn't use any meat (two previous times I used ham) and I used skim milk instead of half & half and the calories are 250 per slice.

This is truly an amazingly filling breakfast. And satisfying for chewing and feeling like you've eaten something other than yogurt!

Good luck!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Make the sandwiches yourself. The night before, cook an egg and keep it the size that will fit on an english muffin I use wheat). In the morning, toast the english muffin. While it is toasting, microwave the egg for a few seconds until hot. Take your toasted muffin, add a wedge of Laughing Cow light cheese. Slap the egg on the english muffin and you are done. The sandwich has 240 calories. Not bad!

This sounds great! I will try this too but my grocery store, Weis, has their own Lite English Muffin that has high fiber and low calories and the muffin is only 80 calories and it is bigger than Thomas's! Yum!
  • doughnutwretch
    doughnutwretch Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I like the Jimmy Deans Delights, tukey sausage, egg, cheese and muffin breakfast sandwiches. They are pretty tasty and super convenient. If I have extra time in the a.m. or sleep at my own house and not the bf's, I'll make an egg white omelette (and you can use one whole egg and one egg white if you prefer) with diced onion, green peper and little bit of cheese and some cholula sauce. Both are filling options that provide you with necessary protein and fat.
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ooh I have to try this one. Love Egg Salad and have been staying away from it. Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • nyredrose
    nyredrose Posts: 6
    Options
    I too love my bit of real food in the AM. I am always short of time in the AM but I bought Arnold’s flat breads (I get the whole wheat but they have other varieties).
    I take one egg add ¼ cup of mushrooms, or spinach and then scramble it in a small bowl. I pop it in the microwave for two minutes and there you go. I know the idea of microwave egg sounds weird, at least it did to me but it taste fine. I can walk away start my makeup and then I have a little yummy to take with me if I need to. If I plan to have a low cal lunch I may add two slices of turkey bacon for 35 calories a piece. I just lay them on top of the bowl I will pop in the microwave and it all cooks together.

One of my biggest weakness in the past was the drive thru for breakfast but this lower cal option has been helpful. I also used to think that fruit and cereal would not fill me up as a carb and meat breakfast but it has, specially a banana yogurt and cereal have gone a long way for me.