homemade ice cream with skim milk..calories per serving?

Options
rudy336
rudy336 Posts: 66 Member
anyone have any idea how many calories are in a cup of home made ice cream with skim milk? heavy whipping cream is the only ingredient that has fat content. any advice would be appericated. thanks!

Replies

• ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    There's this thing, on this website, called the Recipe Builder. Sounds like just what you need!

myfitnesspal.com/recipe/box
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    input the ingredients into the recipe section. :)
  • rudy336
    Options
    thanks all, after inputing everything MFP caluclated 77 calories per cup for vanilla, 287 per cup for cake batter, and 211 for cookies and cream. :) i compared to other ice creams including coldstone etc, over half the fat and calories gone using my recipe. :):)
  • Laura732
    Laura732 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a recipe worth making public...
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Laura732 wrote: »
    That sounds like a recipe worth making public...

Yup. Lol
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    rudy336 wrote: »
    thanks all, after inputing everything MFP caluclated 77 calories per cup for vanilla, 287 per cup for cake batter, and 211 for cookies and cream. :) i compared to other ice creams including coldstone etc, over half the fat and calories gone using my recipe. :):)

Per CUP? Gimmie! ... unless you're using sugar substitute :)
  • prestigio
    prestigio Posts: 181 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    7fa6b0be9d5614e6e8aa57089f47c718ec462a462188bb1b058a1456cfd02d12.jpg
  • rudy336
    Options
    no sugar subsistues and no eggs :) use skim milk instead of whole milk :)
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Is this real life? How is this even possible when just a cup of skim milk has like 90 calories. MUST KNOW NOW! :)
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Post the whole recipe.... you know, ingredient amounts, instructions, etc. Or at least a link to the original... comeon
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Well, half skim milk and half fat free cream is going to be lower calorie and fluff out a lot (so while it'd be a cup in volume, likely lighter than 8oz in weight), so I can see how it's possible... but I wanna see it! XD
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    anyone have any idea how many calories are in a cup of home made ice cream with skim milk? heavy whipping cream is the only ingredient that has fat content. any advice would be appericated. thanks!

I get the fluff out part (makes sense since frozen things expand) but he said heavy whipping cream not half fat free cream.
  • rudy336
    Options
    ok all, ill make it public. lol. just gotta figure out how. lol
  • rudy336
    Options
    ok. 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, 3/4 cup skim milk, 3 teaspoons vanilla extract. put all ingredients in blender. blend till smooth. chill 2-3 hours. take out of fridge. pour ingridents into ice cream maker. let churn 20-25 minutes. remove ice cream and freeze overnight. this makes it more like store bought ice cream. its very soft serve like fresh out of machine. this is the vanilla base. makes 1 to 2 quarts.
  • rudy336
    Options
    well kelly ann, i dont even use a full cup just 3/4. :):)
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I wonder if this would taste good if I substituted skim for almond milk.
  • rudy336
    Options
    give it a shot, jazmin220. :) ive never used anything else other than skim milk
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    It isn't really ice cream but I enjoy it all the same. I combine frozen banana and or frozen strawberries with milk and blend it up into a very thick type shake that I eat with a spoon.
  • rudy336
    Options
    ok. 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1/2 cup of sugar, 3/4 cup skim milk, 3 teaspoons vanilla extract. put all ingredients in blender. blend till smooth. chill 2-3 hours. take out of fridge. pour ingridents into ice cream maker. let churn 20-25 minutes. remove ice cream and freeze overnight. this makes it more like store bought ice cream. its very soft serve like fresh out of machine. this is the vanilla base. makes 1 to 2 quarts.

if you wanna do cake batter flavor just add one cup of dry cake mix to this
    for cookies and cream, add 15 oreos crushed up into the mix when its in the machine and churning. i usually add them about 5 to 10 mintues in. :):)
  • alliesgettinghealthy
    alliesgettinghealthy Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What do you add to make the other flavors? :)