food...
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    fava beans with a nice chianti
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Comeawwwwn. Throw me a bone here. What's in the fridge? What do you like? What style of cooking? Any regional preferences?

Peanut butter sandwich.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Stuffed chicken breast, roasted sweet potatoes and some asparagus. ...or you can order a pizza like I am doing .
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    LOL @maasha81 . You've given me an idea.

Turducken with truffles.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    LOL @maasha81 . You've given me an idea.

Turducken with truffles.

Sounds like a delightful protein packed meal!

• xicandox
    xicandox Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    scrabbled eggs in the microwave with smoked salmon
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    fava beans with a nice chianti
    Winner winner!

If you give us a protein, a vegetable, and a starch that you have in your fridge/pantry, we can help.

I'm making cheeseburgers.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I have some chicken marinating in a chipotle vinaigrette I concocted and will grill those up for the wife and I...couple baked potatoes with sour cream and chives and a veg side of some kind...I'll have to see what's going on in the fridge.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I'm having sloppy joes and a salad tonight.
  • clhenderson2
    clhenderson2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    What should I cook for dinner?

Not sure what foods you have at your disposal but a nice meal for 355 cal (assuming your counting calories) is a boneless, skinless chicken breast 6oz. Baked sweet potato 1 cup. Cooked mustard greens 1 cup. And a peach 3.5 oz.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I hate that question -- especially when I'm the one asking it!

Stand in front of the fridge/freezer and see what needs using. Is there something in the vegetable dish about to "turn?"

When I'm really feeling brainless, the answer at our house is frozen turkey patty or hot dogs with a microwave-in-bag frozen vegetable ... or I just grab the phone and hand hubby the take out Chinese menu. Is it bad that I know their number by heart and that they know my voice well enough to ask if I want "no onions" as usual?
  • clhenderson2
    clhenderson2 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I hate that question -- especially when I'm the one asking it!

Stand in front of the fridge/freezer and see what needs using. Is there something in the vegetable dish about to "turn?"

When I'm really feeling brainless, the answer at our house is frozen turkey patty or hot dogs with a microwave-in-bag frozen vegetable ... or I just grab the phone and hand hubby the take out Chinese menu. Is it bad that I know their number by heart and that they know my voice well enough to ask if I want "no onions" as usual?

It just means you're a valued customer :)
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I'm making tacos de carne asada tonight... and either tomorrow or Sunday, I'll be making pupusas revueltas with curtido and salsa for dinner.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »

I'm making tacos de carne asada tonight... and either tomorrow or Sunday, I'll be making pupusas revueltas with curtido and salsa for dinner.

Sounds yummy!