gaining weight help me

Options
2.5k calories a day will be my minimum soon because I am buying serious mass. I weigh168lbs in morning I want to be around the 190lbs Mark. 5days a week training. I can't eat nuts btw

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    2500?thats it?

If you need to get in more calories, eat more calorie dense foods - oils and butter (to cook in or drizzle over vegies or salad), fattier meats and oily fish, whole eggs, avocado. Use full fat dairy or coconut milk/cream - make your shakes with it! Carb dense vegies (lots of starchies) and fruit (bananas, dates). Grains - rice, Quinoa, pasta etc.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    What height are you? 2500 seems low for gaining.
  • kieranpalmer1995
    kieranpalmer1995 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    I am 6" but I am a student so it seems hard to buy all the food I need

• alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options

I'm a student too, your best friends for bulking will probably be oats, pasta, milk and musclefood meats.

I'm currently cutting but I've got 3 set meals for when I'm bulking. If you check my diary for tomorrow you'll see what an average day would be like for me. You can probably tell I'm a big fan of milk! That whole day would cost around £3. Less than £100 a month on food for 3200 calories a day!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Bulk buy meat, milk, beans, pasta etc. check out the reduced to clear stuff at the end of the day .
  • kieranpalmer1995
    Options
    alyhuggan wrote: »

I'm a student too, your best friends for bulking will probably be oats, pasta, milk and musclefood meats.

I'm currently cutting but I've got 3 set meals for when I'm bulking. If you check my diary for tomorrow you'll see what an average day would be like for me. You can probably tell I'm a big fan of milk! That whole day would cost around £3. Less than £100 a month on food for 3200 calories a day!
    Yeah that sounds good thanks and I am so stuttering I haven't been adding milk to the diary xD that would make my day around 3.4k
  • DrinkwineMichael
    DrinkwineMichael Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    +2 on the whole milk. Body builders having been using GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) for years very effectively to pound on the weight. (Pun intended!)
  • kieranpalmer1995
    Options
    +2 on the whole milk. Body builders having been using GOMAD (gallon of milk a day) for years very effectively to pound on the weight. (Pun intended!)
    How much is a gallen in ml?
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Four and a half litres in a galleon. I'm gonna stick with half a galleon, I'd rather not all my calories coming from liquids!
  • kieranpalmer1995
    Options
    alyhuggan wrote: »

Four and a half litres in a galleon. I'm gonna stick with half a galleon, I'd rather not all my calories coming from liquids![/quote
    Thank you :)
  • terizius
    terizius Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    The very first thing I did for my most recent bulk was swap out 1% milk to whole milk..