Any suggestions on any good weight-loss shakes?

Options
i'm looking for a good weight-loss shake for a meal replacement I don't care really how expensive it is as long as someone has tried it and seen really great results please let me know! I'm dieting and keeping under 1200 cal a day and also exercising five times a week but I just need something to give me that extra boost for weight-loss I really like something that's more natural and no chemicals

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Your "boost" for weight loss is calorie deficit. There is no magic shake. Personally I think you'd be better off just eating food.

And is there a reason you're eating so little?
  • zap5
    zap5 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    water
  • HannahAlixandra
    HannahAlixandra Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Your "boost" for weight loss is calorie deficit. There is no magic shake. Personally I think you'd be better off just eating food.

And is there a reason you're eating so little?

I'm trying to lose 30 lbs by July and I keep my calories down because my work outs aren't very intense because I broke my tail bone recently so I'm just trying to even it out I've been doing a lot of swimming because it puts no pressure on my tail bone and some other small types of cardio and strength! Just trying to see if anyone has any suggestions (:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Why meal replacement instead of eating a normal, low calorie meal?
  • HannahAlixandra
    Options
    I work a lot of hours so sometimes it's just easy to through something into my blender bottle and be able to drink it while I'm at work! It also helps because I work late to and I get the calories I need and I don't end up eating when I get off at 10 before I go to sleep!
  • jena132
    jena132 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like Premier Protein. It's lower in sugar than most. I buy it at Costco. It's ready made so you can grab and go when there isnt time for anything else.
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    Have you ever looked into shakeology? It tastes amazing, full of the nutrition of fruits and vegetables, and really really curves your appetite! I drink it and I'm not hungry for like the next 6 hours. I have to force myself to eat all of the calories I need.
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    I'm also trying to lose weight by July since I'm going on vacation. I do 21 day fix and drink shakeology. I have lost 15 pounds in 19 days. Not too bad :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Or save your money, eat bigger meals and don't snack?
    There is nothing wrong with eating late....
  • dstein46
    dstein46 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I drank Visalia for a while and liked it but I just got some Idealshape and it is much better for controlling my hunger! Tastes delicious and is around $55
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I don't care really how expensive it is as long as someone has tried it

PM me. I'll send you a PO box to send money to and I'll send you something that can be used as a shake that will make you lose money weight. I promise.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,930 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    i'm looking for a good weight-loss shake for a meal replacement I don't care really how expensive it is as long as someone has tried it and seen really great results please let me know! .... I just need something to give me that extra boost for weight-loss I really like something that's more natural and no chemicals
    Hey OP: 21 day fix is the ONLY way to go! A lot of people here have tried it and swear that together with shakeology shakes and all the exercises specifically structured for obese people who have not exercised for decades it is absolutely the BEST way to reboot your cleansed metabolism and learn how to control your portions and make good food choices and live a healthy, never again obese life. Some people are so nice, they will even offer to answer ANY questions you have in a private message and, for sure, ALL of them swear they have no financial motive. They are just rabbidly happy customers.

Seriously. Forget this counting crap. Too much frigging work. Database entries, grams, measurenents, planning your meals, why bother? You can have COLOR coded Tupperware instead, and you can KEEP using COLOR coded Tuperware for as many 21 day periods as you want!

Conquer your life OP, because up here in Canada, this hour has 22 minutes, and fruits are always free with your weightwatcher's points!
  • bluworld
    bluworld Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    i'm looking for a good weight-loss shake for a meal replacement I don't care really how expensive it is as long as someone has tried it and seen really great results please let me know! .... I just need something to give me that extra boost for weight-loss I really like something that's more natural and no chemicals
    Hey OP: 21 day fix is the ONLY way to go! A lot of people here have tried it and swear that together with shakeology shakes and all the exercises specifically structured for obese people who have not exercised for decades it is absolutely the BEST way to reboot your cleansed metabolism and learn how to control your portions and make good food choices and live a healthy, never again obese life. Some people are so nice, they will even offer to answer ANY questions you have in a private message and, for sure, ALL of them swear they have no financial motive. They are just rabbidly happy customers.

Seriously. Forget this counting crap. Too much frigging work. Database entries, grams, measurenents, planning your meals, why bother? You can have COLOR coded Tupperware instead, and you can KEEP using COLOR coded Tuperware for as many 21 day periods as you want!

Conquer your life OP, because up here in Canada, this hour has 22 minutes, and fruits are always free with your weightwatcher's points!

Best Rick Mercer ever

• lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I drank Slim Fast shakes because a) they filled me up b) it was easy to portion my calories and c) I love the way they taste. I only had one a day though, usually for breakfast. Now that I've learned how to portion and measure things out, I haven't drank them in over a year (too pricey, would still buy them as a snack if I could afford it), but be careful to not overdo the deficit. 200 calories is pretty low for a meal, so instead of meal replacement think of it as a snack replacement?
  • jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel with the working so much and shakes are easier at times. I don't work a job where I can just go cook up food or take time to eat. So shakes are quick.
  • cnoonannurse
    cnoonannurse Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    jena132 wrote: »
    I like Premier Protein. It's lower in sugar than most. I buy it at Costco. It's ready made so you can grab and go when there isnt time for anything else.

This is what I have every morning for breakfast too! Not expensive, tastes good, and keeps me going even if o don't get a lunch break until 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    FOOD!

That is all.

Also, what's the big darn hurry? Is the world ending in July?
  • HannahAlixandra
    Options
    Well
    A. That's my goal date because I'm going to Hawaii and want to feel comfortable and confident in a bikini all the time so I'm not worrying about how I look instead of having fun
    B. Like I said previously I work a lot of hours and don't get a lunch break and am not aloud to eat while clocked in so taking a shake would be easy because I am aloud to drink!
    C. If your not going to answer what I posted then why comment?
  • Hollisamara
    Hollisamara Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Juice plus shakes, I love them!
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    How about a home made smoothie? No additives or preservatives, its all fruit and sometimes a little green stuff for a boost and you can add what you like to it and make it your own. They taste good too. On top of all that, its like a natural energy drink packed full of vitamins.

PS, they are normaly twice the size of commercial shakes with the same amount of calories.