Rewards for weight loss ?

Options
dufus12
dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
edited April 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
Do any of you have rewards pencilled in for when you reach a certain goal?
I am talking mini goals....as in 5lbs, 7lbs, 10lbs, 14lbs,,,, depending on your weight starting point.
Do they help, do you think?

If so, suggestions as to appropriate goals?
I know they will be pretty personal as to your character and likes and dislikes etc....but I would be interested in the concept.

Replies

• ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    You can check out my profile page, I have them laid out there. Honestly, they were more helpful initially. Now I like to look back and see how far I've come, so I like that I dated them once I earned them. Now my goals are more fluid... like buy clothes whenever I find something cheap or when I have nothing that fits. Or my goals are more fitness-oriented... But initially, they were good for me!
  • dufus12
    Options
    Thanks ajfuelling! A very interesting read. A bit puzzling.......you waited till you lost 75lbs before you rewarded yourself by running socks??????? Ok, I know I said it would all be pretty personal but it takes you to lose 75lbs before you let loose on the socks???????
    :D
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I bought myself a ring when I hit onederland/50 pounds down, but nothing else until I reach my goal weight (which will be a tattoo)
  • dufus12
    Options
    OOoh, malibu927 - have you anything particular in mind?
    Please tell me it not a sock!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I hate thinking up rewards. I use a fitbook which is really into rewards - but I can never think of things I wouldn't just buy anyway. Maybe I need to think of experiences rather than items to use as rewards. I guess I'm not that motivated by rewards... :(
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    dufus12 wrote: »
    OOoh, malibu927 - have you anything particular in mind?
    Please tell me it not a sock!

Nope. I have 40-50 to go to goal anyway (at least a year). It'll probably be some lyrics.
  • dufus12
    Options
    Maybe Ready2Rock you just need more socks.....

:p
  • dufus12
    Options
    Ah, tattoo lyrics.....maybe that will be a post at some point for you?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I have not set rewards. I've tried that in the past and it wasn't helpful to me. Now my rewards are feeling better, being able to do more, and fitting into smaller clothes.
    When I reach my ultimate goal I thought of having a family portrait taken. Ive avoided pictures and I think it might be a nice time to do it.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I m buying a silver charm for my new charm bracelet after every 5 kilos - the first was a silver bar of chocolate the next (hopefully in the next few weeks) will be either food or sports related. I chose a charm bracelet because 1. I can wear it no matter what size so getting smaller isn't an issue and 2. my first bracelet was stolen after 20+ years of collecting. When I get to goal there will probably be a tattoo as well.
  • dufus12
    Options
    Lounmoun - family portrait sounds a great idea! Nothing material until it can be put into a wonderful photo for you and your family...?

KiwAlexP - charm bracelet is very nice! I like that idea...sorry you lost yours after 20 plus years. That's a bummer. I lost a ring my sis gave me on my 18th,,,,,,,still bugs me!

All good suggestions to date....... <3
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Looking hot is my reward!
  • dufus12
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    Looking hot is my reward!

Good one!!! But I guess I am looking at some motivation for the journey ahead - I cannot rely on looking hot overnight. If ever!
    But I do like your answer.....!
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have had rewards for myself in the past. Having rewards worked well for me. I have been thinking about using rewards again. My rewards were allowing myself to spend money on things I did not need, but wanted. Like clothes, alcohol, random shopping trips, other possessions I did not need. Now I want less stuff, so I do not know what I should choose.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Under 200lbs I bought myself a PS4. When I'm under 150 I'm buying myself a car.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    no because if i want something.... i buy it LOL

the reward is fitting into smaller clothes/ being stronger/ being healthier.....
  • NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    There is a website that will pay you money for losing weight! I can't remember what it is but if you want rewarded, check into that! :)
  • dufus12
    Options
    That might be a good for a charity - But I don't want to draw attention to the fact I am losing weight.
    Maybe work out some reward system and donate animal food to local rescue centre.....that would be worthwhile and motivational.........
  • nvmy2pits
    nvmy2pits Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    There is a website that will pay you money for losing weight! I can't remember what it is but if you want rewarded, check into that! :)

The site is called dietbet. You initially invest $25-$30 and if you lose how much your supposed to (usually the games are 4% of your body weight) you not only get your money back but also a piece of the pot! You win by losing weight and you win a few dollars for doing it!
  • dufus12
    Options
    MMm....which leads me to another but related question?
    What is reasonable reward weight? I know we all different......but if I start with 30lbs to lose, where are my reward weights? All opinions count! I don't know whether to start with the same and maintain it, or. knowing things get harder and take longer, reduce the weights as time goes on???