Cycling with Fitbit Flex

Options
Can anyone tell me if I can cycle with flex? I'm wondering if attaching it through my shoe laces would work?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    I think someone said it would only log half the revolutions you make. Just log it as exercise, as Fitbit only counts step-based work anyway.
  • sarahmichelef
    sarahmichelef Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Yeah, log it as exercise ... are you syncing your FitBit with MFP? If you are, then as long as you accurately indicate the start time and duration of your exercise, those data will override the calorie burn from the Flex during that time.

As you may have already discovered... the flex also has a habit of going into sleep mode in response to road vibrations - I've taken to hooking it onto my belt loop or putting it in my jacket pocket when I ride.
  • etheridgetracy1
    etheridgetracy1 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yes i've also discovered that it goes into sleep mode, and I do have it synced with MFP. I will try logging it in.
  • etheridgetracy1
    Options
    does logging it, count your steps in?
  • thegaragegirl01
    thegaragegirl01 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I ignore my fitbit when I do any kind of exercise that isn't walking or running, I use an app like Runtastic that will log cycling etc and give you a gps read out as well as approximately calorie burn, and it syncs to MFP and overrides the fitbit calculations for that time frame. Works well for me. The sleep mode on the flex constantly turning on is what made me upgrade to the chargeHR instead.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Fitbits count steps ... cycling is not walking or running ... ergo, no steps.
  • etheridgetracy1
    Options
    Thank you for all the great advice :) everyone.
  • OhioGuy37
    OhioGuy37 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge HR, building a nice challenge group on there. If you want to connect shoot me a message