• AndiJH
    AndiJH Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    my new favorite thing:

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp peanut butter
    add a tiny bit of water and stir until almost dough-like

Then eat it with a spoon or refrigerate and roll into delicious protein bites for later. It's like eating chocolate cookie dough, but almost no sugar & fat, and pretty much all protein.
  • klund13
    klund13 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Fiber One brownies or sugar free jello pudding cups (only 60 calories!). I also like the weight watchers ice cream bars.
  • martyj15
    martyj15 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I buy whatever kind of chocolate I love (also a chocoholic lol) and I put it in the freezer.. I dislike cold chocolate so I eat less then if it were room temperature. Or make your own version of whatever you like with healthier ingredients :)
  • thatrabidgirl
    thatrabidgirl Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate oatmeal every morning for breakfast. It's homemade so it's healthier than most instant oatmeals and it fulfills the chocolate craving! Recipe here.
  • ChristinePearlFNP
    ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Brownie brittle!!!!! Sooooo good!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Either the darkest choc I can find...Green and Blacks or Lindts, or the dark chocs in my monthly Hotel Chocolate box......I let husband have the others.
    He doesn't complain....but hates it when too many dark chocs in box!
  • okaymeow
    okaymeow Posts: 1
    Options
    JarethG wrote: »
    my fix? I eat some chocolate without overthinking life the universe and everything.
    Yup
  • Kiku10
    Kiku10 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    1 tbs raw cacao powder in a cup of plain yogurt. A few drops of stevia for me. Less than 30 cals for the powder. Hits the spot, lots of antioxidants.
  • jhonen32629
    jhonen32629 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I like Quest Cookie Dough or Quest Double Chocolate Chunk for my chocolate fixes. They're both protein bars that have a very short ingredient list and are downright delicious.
  • rendress269
    rendress269 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

Same here. I always have a dark chocolate bar or baking morsels on hand. Divine chocolates (found at Target) are divided into small squares and have been the perfect solution for me.

CHOCOLATE Cherry overnight oats were a delicious creation, too!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

Same here. I always have a dark chocolate bar or baking morsels on hand. Divine chocolates (found at Target) are divided into small squares and have been the perfect solution for me.

What else are you doing with this cocoa powder? I just bought some today and added it to nonfat greek yogurt and it tasted like funk. I didn't add any sweetener though. I'm like...the least creative food person ever.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.
    Yup. I 'll walk to the store and buy 1 mini resse's peanut butter cup and chew really slowly. If it's at night I'll make a cup of hot coco. It's taken a long time, but I'm finally at the point where I can eat a bit of chocolate without going nuts.
  • lillyy23
    lillyy23 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love my shakeology!!! :)
  • SophiaSerrao
    SophiaSerrao Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

What else are you doing with this cocoa powder? I just bought some today and added it to nonfat greek yogurt and it tasted like funk. I didn't add any sweetener though. I'm like...the least creative food person ever.

Hey there, just butting in to say greek yogurt with cocoa powder is really, really good. Very chocolaty and intense (and such a simple mix), but it absolutely requires a sweetener. Unless you're using some kind of flavored greek yogurt (raspberry works great), you can skip the sweetener there... if you appreciate that intense chocolate taste (who doesn't?)

...I just realized I totally ASSUMED you used plain greek yogurt and unsweetened cocoa powder, lol. But I figure that's why it would taste like funk. It needs a hint of sweetness.

I do a smoothie (I have a lot to say on cocoa powder) with a cup or so of milk, 1 greek yogurt (plain), 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, banana and/or rasberries.... and stevia as needed (non for me, the sugars in the fruit suffice). In my opinion, it tastes like a valid milkshake.
  • arditarose
    Options
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

Hey there, just butting in to say greek yogurt with cocoa powder is really, really good. Very chocolaty and intense (and such a simple mix), but it absolutely requires a sweetener. Unless you're using some kind of flavored greek yogurt (raspberry works great), you can skip the sweetener there... if you appreciate that intense chocolate taste (who doesn't?)

...I just realized I totally ASSUMED you used plain greek yogurt and unsweetened cocoa powder, lol. But I figure that's why it would taste like funk. It needs a hint of sweetness.

I do a smoothie (I have a lot to say on cocoa powder) with a cup or so of milk, 1 greek yogurt (plain), 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder, banana and/or rasberries.... and stevia as needed (non for me, the sugars in the fruit suffice). In my opinion, it tastes like a valid milkshake.

Cool. Yeah I just tried it again right before you posted actually, with a little sugar and a splash of vanilla extract and it was much better. I mean I really like 0% plain yogurt...I just realized it this week though. I don't know if I'm gonna get into blending smoothies though. Maybe someday I'll get there.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

Cool. Yeah I just tried it again right before you posted actually, with a little sugar and a splash of vanilla extract and it was much better. I mean I really like 0% plain yogurt...I just realized it this week though. I don't know if I'm gonna get into blending smoothies though. Maybe someday I'll get there.

Blending's kind of the drag because you have to take out the blender and then wash the mess, but I have a mini personal sized blender-glass-in-one thing where I put the ingredients in, blend, remove, and drink from there. It's the size of a tall glass, so it's no big deal washing it. That got me making more smoothies more often. The possibilities are endless, so it's a chance to be creative.

I really like plain for the yogurt/cocoa mix as well. Sometimes I add mint extract (for a mint and chips flavor hehe), rum extract, almond extract, coconut extract, etc. I have a lot of extracts. And stevia for sweetness, but sugar's obviously fine.
  • arditarose
    Options
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

Blending's kind of the drag because you have to take out the blender and then wash the mess, but I have a mini personal sized blender-glass-in-one thing where I put the ingredients in, blend, remove, and drink from there. It's the size of a tall glass, so it's no big deal washing it. That got me making more smoothies more often. The possibilities are endless, so it's a chance to be creative.

I really like plain for the yogurt/cocoa mix as well. Sometimes I add mint extract (for a mint and chips flavor hehe), rum extract, almond extract, coconut extract, etc. I have a lot of extracts. And stevia for sweetness, but sugar's obviously fine.

Hmm...Maybe I'll get into this. How many calories is your favorite one? I tend not to like to drink my calories.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,638 Member
    Options
    Nestle semi-sweet chocolate chips. Great tasting chocolate to start, but you can only eat so much before you get tired of them, so it helps control portion size automatically.
  • SophiaSerrao
    Options
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

Hmm...Maybe I'll get into this. How many calories is your favorite one? I tend not to like to drink my calories.
    When I crave chocolate.

I have chocolate.

I'm on the lowest calorie count of all, so I definitely don't like to drink my calories. That's why I don't do fruit juices. But these smoothies are kind of a treat. And easy. No stove involved.

Let's see, here's my favorite:

vmxssnlp4yfi.jpg

Sometimes I'll throw in 10 almonds for the fat intake, that would add 70 more calories.