SQUATS??!!

2»

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 11,169 Member
    1RM 475 (should break 500 soon)
    10RM 405

A few months back I worked for reps rather than weight. My best was doing a set of 100 with 135 across my shoulders. With such a (for me) very light weight, I ripped off the first 50 reps in no time flat, but I sure slowed down quickly from there. Took me close to five minutes to complete, as I was barely doing singles and doubles towards the end before I had to stop to breathe again. But the bar never left my shoulders until I was done. Walked around very shakily for a few hours after.
  • KBjimAZ
    KBjimAZ Posts: 369 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    1RM 475 (should break 500 soon)
    10RM 405

A few months back I worked for reps rather than weight. My best was doing a set of 100 with 135 across my shoulders. With such a (for me) very light weight, I ripped off the first 50 reps in no time flat, but I sure slowed down quickly from there. Took me close to five minutes to complete, as I was barely doing singles and doubles towards the end before I had to stop to breathe again. But the bar never left my shoulders until I was done. Walked around very shakily for a few hours after.

You should try the Inman Mile

USAWA Rules for the Inman Mile

The lifter will take a bar onto the shoulders with a weight equal to 150 per cent of the lifter’s bodyweight. The lifter will then carry this weight a distance of one mile. Gait is optional. Stopping to rest is allowed, but neither the lifter nor the weight may be supported in any manner. The bar must not be touched by any assistants once the mile has begun or it will be a disqualification. The bar must stay on the back the entire mile. The lifter may be handed refreshments during the mile. Records will be kept for time.

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Recently? 3 sets of four at 120kg. Fourth set only got three. Going for singles at 140 tomorrow.

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

First I have to do it. Haven't successfully squatted more then 122.5 in 14 months, and haven't done 140 in 18. But my coaches believe I can and therefore I will.

I believe you can... I''ll be waiting on both knees so I can bow... you just tell me when.

Only got 132.5. But still feeling happy

I still give you a bow. I'm deeply impressed with your work
    <fan girl flutters>
  • gonnasnap
    gonnasnap Posts: 146 Member
    My 1rm pr is 455. 500 is my next goal.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    A lot. However I'm a powerlifter so my aim is to lift the heaviest weight. My top squat is 300lbs for a single.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    I don't squat heavy especially since I do a heavy leg workout with things other than squats. I usually stick to 35lb plates and that's good enough for me.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    I hate squatting for reps. My best 1RM is 645lbs.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Recently? 3 sets of four at 120kg. Fourth set only got three. Going for singles at 140 tomorrow.

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

First I have to do it. Haven't successfully squatted more then 122.5 in 14 months, and haven't done 140 in 18. But my coaches believe I can and therefore I will.

I believe you can... I''ll be waiting on both knees so I can bow... you just tell me when.

<fan girl flutters>

Thanks Jo! But gym performance means nothing until I hit it on the platform. Is it June yet?
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Last night's squats.
    5 @135 5@175 5@190 15 @200 7x5@ 175.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    3 million
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

<fan girl flutters>

Thanks Jo! But gym performance means nothing until I hit it on the platform. Is it June yet?
    well- I wish you all the best of luck.
    Personal -Considering I'm not competing- and probably won't. I'm okay with none platform numbers- I don't think the lack of a bib invalidates the hard work. ;)
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    PR - squat super set 10 x 10 @90, then 4 x 8 @ 120, then 4 x 4 @ 135, then 4 x 6 @120, then 4 x 8 @ 90 for a total of 20,760 in one workout. Once I started I knew I could do it.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

<fan girl flutters>

Personal -Considering I'm not competing- and probably won't. I'm okay with none platform numbers- I don't think the lack of a bib invalidates the hard work. ;)

I agree Jo. While the platform changed me as a lifter, you still have to put in the work on a daily basis. No matter what stage you're on, it's not always easy getting under some heavy *kitten* weight.

• Emilia777
    Emilia777 Posts: 978 Member
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    i can do all of them

Yes please.

But actually, I’m only at 3 sets of 5 at 115lbs. Only got back into lifting for a couple of months - getting there! (there being the biggest heaviest most awesomest weights)
  • parkerpowerlift
    parkerpowerlift Posts: 196 Member
    Plain jane squats, Idk. I'm done with my first month of Stronglift's 5x5 and can squat 125 lbs.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2015
    non weighted squats i can do a couple hundred at a time. half squats closer to 50-60 without needing a serious break.

weighted i can do 8 at 135lbs or 5 at 150lbs

oh yeah, and i edited to add.... this is completely irrelevant because we are all of different height and weight and most of us aren't doing non-weighted squats... so... whatcha looking for OP?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    5'2", 190lbs and my 1RM is 240lbs.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 11,169 Member
    During a recent 12-hr work shift, I stood up to do 25 air-squats every 15 minutes. By the end of the shift I had done well over 1k squats, and my knees were letting me know all about it!
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    1x585,3x545
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member

140 kg. for singles.

I bow to you.

<fan girl flutters>

I love the hard work in the gym, day in day out. For me though, at least squats and deads, I perform better on the platform then in the gym. Considering last time I max tested my squat and then promptly the next week easily squatted a weight I failed in the gym.