needing some motivation, or a shoulder to lean on

Options
Needed to vent, but more so needed motivation and for someone to understand :cry:

MFP says ive logged in for 175 days in a row which means ive been a member for 175 days. But I have not stuck to my diet all 175 days, and im sure not everyone on here has. We all have our days we slack, or something happens to where we give up for alittle awhile.

Ive been struggling with my weight for years. I started gaining weight sophmore year of highschool then got to my biggest weight of 240lbs at graduation. I managed to loose and get back down to 150lbs 3 years later but then got pregnant with my son and gained 55-60lbs back. A family member passed away & I ended up gaining 30 more lbs from depression and stress. I have been struggling with this weight now since my son was born. Ive managed to loose 22lbs since starting MFP but I cant seem to stick to it. Its not healthy to keep gaining and loosing. I have a problem with doing so well for months then I get lazy & I binge which is also not healthy. I know that if I stuck to it by now id be down at least 40-50lbs but im not and thats my fault.

So I took it upon myself to see my doctor. He wants me to only eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and one snack a day. I chose to have my snack as my night snack but not eat after 7:30pm because it upsets my stomach. Most of my binge eating we found is from emotional eating. Whether im angry, sad, annoyed, stressed I eat. And I use food as comfort. I am thankful all my bloodwork came back normal but I need to loose 50lbs more before im considered healthy to my doctor. I am 9lbs away from being in onderland.

I let myself down. I was doing so well for months and managed to see the inches coming off and my clothes feeling bigger and my energy boost. I was happier, I was always smiling and now im back to having my clothes being too tight, and ive been taking my anger out on everyone. You know the quote "you cant be happy with life unless your happ with yourself?" well its TRUE! When I was loosing I was happy but now im depressed again and having an attitude with others because of it. But what hurts the most is knowing I had so much energy to play with my 3 year old son, and now you have to push me off the couch.

Its been 3 days now since I started my new diet plan my doctor gave, so far so good and ive even exercised. I really want to get back to exercising 6 days a week like I was but I just cant seem to find the motivation. Theres no excuses. I have a gym membership, exercise dvds, a wii and also a tredmill in my basement as well as a bike I can easily ride to the park (which I did last week) but I cant seem to find the motivation to keep at it.

I am a very positive person and a very religious woman. I see the rainbows on a rainy day. I see the light when its dark. So youd think I could have positive motivation for my weightloss. :cry:

Replies

• curlyelm
    curlyelm Posts: 73
    Options
    Hi, Join my Xmas frock challenge, its a plan to keep us on track until the end of November, when hopefully we will buy an xmas frock in a much smaller size than we are now! Today is the second weigh in so plenty of time for you to join!

Ems x
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    HANG IN THERE!!!! I think we have all slacked at some point in this journey!! You need to keep looking forward and not giving up! This isn't a race, there is no one winner. As long as you keep moving forward even with a few steps back, you will be a winner!!!! I've had a horrible time getting abck into my routine after being sick with all sorts of stuff for a month. I really want to get back on the elliptical and back to a regular schedule of 30 Day Shred, but am finding it hard to get going! I know I will do it again as I have done before, as will you. Hang in there and feel free to add me if you're looking for more friends!!!! :happy:
  • rgoodearl
    rgoodearl Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to set goals...and when I achieve the goal I treat myself and my family to something nice.
  • Christiane81
    Options
    We have all been there, you are certainly not alone! Just remember what is important to you and what isn't....even if you keep your skinny jeans in the fridge as a means of motivation ;) My grandmother recently passed away and on the day I found out, I engulfed, not chewed, engulfed an entire plate of nachos by myself....that was the last time that I did it. The journey is a hard one and it is different for each of us, how you get to the final goal is up to you. I set mini-goals, that is how I stay motivated and I stopped binge eating as excuses for stress and PMS...easier said than done I know. There is plenty of virtual support online but find someone who can support you at home, good luck and friend me if you wish.
  • BeSexy
    BeSexy Posts: 94
    Options
    Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal -- a commitment to excellence -- that will enable you to attain the success you seek. - Mario Andretti
  • tishaloses
    tishaloses Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    My motivation is my two little boys ages 3 and 1!!! Anytime you are having a bad day just look at your little one and say I am doing this for him!!! Add me if you would like I'll offer any support I can!!!
  • mikesovoygirl
    Options
    Hi,

I have been struggling with my weight for years; however, I have never been this big before. How I have been making it thru these last few days is just keeping focused on my goal, which is to live a healthier lifestyle so that I can see my children get married and my grandbabies get older and also, I DON'T WANT TO START LOOKING LIKE A GRANDMA (the kids tease me all the time about looking and acting like a grandma lol). Stay focused on those goals and if you fall of then pick yourself up and dust yourself off again. I post inspirational quotes everyday, not only for me but for my MFP fam as well, and if you need me I'm here. Joyce
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    focus on the positive!! The positive is you have 3 days down now of your doctor's diet and getting SOME exercise. You can't just morph into Jillian Michaels over night. none of us can. we all start somewhere. I always say you can start NOW. Well, honey, you've already started. Just work up to more intense, more frequent workouts now and voila, you're eating healthier and exercising like you should. I think it sounds like you already know what you need to do!! I am proud of you for knowing that and for starting!!! Good job!!
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to set goals...and when I achieve the goal I treat myself and my family to something nice.

My fiance said that same thing! He told me to make a list of goals and everytime I hit a goal reward myself with something.
  • faithNlove212
    faithNlove212 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone :flowerforyou:
  • rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    There are many days I'd rather just stay in bed and not get up and do my work outs! I was an emotional eater and a smoker. Now I am neither. It's hard when you lean on food as a vice, it's awesome it gives that instant gratification. You really need to try to find other things to modify that urge to eatwhen something upsetts you. I started taking walks. I'd want to dive into a tub of coconut pecan frosting til I cried, or gave into it. Now I don't buy anything that might tempt me. I straight out told my family if you want it, fine but eat it on your own time do not bring it into the house. I found out that walking relieved anxety, whle doing my body good. So its a triple bonus. I am not binge eating, stress level is down, I am excerscising my body! I have found much success with eating smaller meals yes, I know your doc said three meals and one snack. If I eat 6 smaller meals, and a snack here and there with out consuming excessive calories I found I ate less. You don't have all the sugar spikes from the carbs. I am a big fan of protien. I use a protien supplement when ever I can. I was on several diets, that just failed. It really has to start with in yourself. You are not dieting you are choosing a healthier lifestyle, with that comes change, just not in eating habits, but your entire mental make up torwards food. It is not easy, but then life isn't! Surround yourself with positive people and thoughts. You are not on a diet but choosing to live a healthier and happy life style. You eat to live, not live to eat!! ( I say this several times a day to myself, it's my personal mantra) Positive people are hard to come by. I get more support from MFP than I do with my own family, sad! My hubby just don't get it! I have many little personal victories that are so exciting for me, I try to share but he thinks I am bragging because he is over weight. Good Luck to you I hope this helps some!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well I know exactly how you feel. I too have the same problem and maybe I feel it may be something mentally. not that you are mental but sometimes there is something wrong with our brains sometimes. because mee to I have a problem. I have been at a plateau since November but it has only been the same 5lbs on & off again. Mine was due to my dad with cancer & my daughter with epilepsy and sometimes I feel god puts us in situations that are tough but we have to work through them to stay strong. I know you can do this, you are my inspiration, you are the reason I log in every day chica, I look up to you so I know definiately you can get through this. Keep up the Great work. Hey sometimes we all fall & I am here to pick you back up. Luv ya