Rewards for weight loss ?

Options

Replies

• NicoleMcQuillen
    Options
    nvmy2pits wrote: »
    There is a website that will pay you money for losing weight! I can't remember what it is but if you want rewarded, check into that! :)

The site is called dietbet. You initially invest $25-$30 and if you lose how much your supposed to (usually the games are 4% of your body weight) you not only get your money back but also a piece of the pot! You win by losing weight and you win a few dollars for doing it!

That might be it! I know there is one where you don't have to invest any money though. You need to lose a certain percentage of body weight and keep it off for a year but you get $100 for it!
  • dufus12
    dufus12 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Call me cynical; but I bet you inundated with adverts for weight loss products all the time.....
  • aimscat
    aimscat Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I gotta be honest... every week when I weigh, if I am down, I go get a frozen yogurt with the works when we are on our walk. At 200, it is currently a reward for my husband, for helping keep me motivated, but I am sure I will figure something out for myself. At 180, there is a pizza place that I love but it is eat with a fork pizza... the only other thing that I have thought about is if and when I hit my goal of 136, if my breasts are sagging, get a lift... I know food goals are supposed to be bad, but they are what work for me.
  • dufus12
    Options
    I think any goal - if earned- is worth it...and cannot be 'bad'.....
  • snowflakesav
    snowflakesav Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I plan lots of little milestones... I don't always tie them to the scale. I tie them to exercise. If I complete the next 2 weeks exercise goals I will get a massage.
  • NicoleMKlein
    NicoleMKlein Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Every 25 pounds that I lose I will get a new Pandora charm for my bracelet. I have earned 1 so far and I got the "health" one (I have the essence collection ) maybe positivity next...
  • dufus12
    Options
    Nice!!! I love these suggestions! Keep them coming! <3
  • Kelamb10
    Kelamb10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    All of my rewards are fitness based. Lose pounds = get a new pair of running shorts, lose more and get new running shoes, lose more and get new headphones, lose more and get a new item for the kitchen, lose more get new ipod, lose a lot and get a new bike, or kayak, or skis, or....you fill in the blank.

The reason I do it this way is because all of these things make me want to workout even more, eat right, and be more fit. I have trouble making a reward be something like an xbox, since that will just make me want to sit on the couch and not workout.
  • dufus12
    Options
    I like the idea of motivational tools.....I am planning on a spiruliser. but 7llbs or 10lbs???

Then what???
  • Kelamb10
    Kelamb10 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    7 is good. How about a new water bottle
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I got a pedicure with my trainer friends that are helping me at 25 pounds, at 50 I want a special massage like hot rock or something, at 75 I want to do an exercise I couldn't do before like rock climbing, at 100 I'm doing something food related like eating a sonoran hot dog- don't judge, and at 125 goal I'm buying new wardrobe of super cute clothes.

I love the ideas on here!
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    At 10 kilos I bought a whole lot of foot pampering products as I figured my tootsies needed some love after hauling my lard *kitten* around.

Just hit 20 kilos and am booked in for a tattoo next Wednesday - it's actually to celebrate giving up a pack a day smoking habit three years ago, but it's taken this long to get the design right, and I thought a 20 kilo weight loss was as good a time as any to get it.

Hoping to hit 30 kilos lost about the same time we're going to be in the Cook Islands for a vacation, so that will be the reward for that milestone.

Will figure out rewards for each additional 10 kilo milestone when I hit it.

Am hoping to lose a total of 96 kilos (212lbs for my American friends), likely to be another tattoo (large one) at that point.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hmm I never thought of rewarding myself for getting healthier. I'd see it that I was bribing myself to do well ha ha.

I have just bought myself some cheap new clothes however as my others are all massive and hanging off me now lol

My reward is looking in the mirror and feeling better about myself. I am determined I will learn to love my body eventually.
  • dufus12
    Options
    Sarasari wrote: »
    I got a pedicure with my trainer friends that are helping me at 25 pounds, at 50 I want a special massage like hot rock or something, at 75 I want to do an exercise I couldn't do before like rock climbing, at 100 I'm doing something food related like eating a sonoran hot dog- don't judge, and at 125 goal I'm buying new wardrobe of super cute clothes.

I love the ideas on here!

Yes...so do I!!!
    But.......
  • dufus12
    Options
    Kelamb10 wrote: »
    7 is good. How about a new water bottle

What makes you think I have one that needs replacing????
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm not getting it

The reward is health, vitality, living in a body that's getting better...and strutting

I'm not holding off buying something I like for a nominal weight on the scale
  • dufus12
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Yeah I'm not getting it

The reward is health, vitality, living in a body that's getting better...and strutting

I'm not holding off buying something I like for a nominal weight on the scale

Good point. but some of us need some extra motivational power to get to that point...or we may just give up......
    Im talking about things that keep us going - lb by lb.........or 7 in my case......
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    For me, they're not things I necessarily need, but nice little things. For example, my 5-kilo lost mark (almost there!) is another athletic jacket for skating practice. The next 5 kilos, it's a style haircut. The next, a new pair of hard guards for my skates. So, small, inexpensive things, and not stuff I definitely need, but stuff that's nice to have.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Well, 40 pounds will probably coincide with Humira healing up my nails finally (I has psoriatic arthritis and it can affect your fingernails).

I was a big nail polish addict and my rheumy told me polishing my nails was a no-no while they were unhealthy like that.

Well. She told me once they're all healed up, I can go back to polish.

So, it's not really a weight loss reward, it'll just be a coincidence.

I'm going to treat myself to some fancy nail polish for sure.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Fitting back in my old clothes is my reward. Don't need anything else, although when I get to my goal weight, I am going on a cute brand new clothes shopping spree! And NOT at Walmart!