need help gym workouts

Options
MakeItNastier
MakeItNastier Posts: 1 Member
edited April 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello, I'm new to working out in a gym. I have never really worked out in a gym setting and i feel out of place. I'm looking for help with what muscle groups to work out together in one day. I'm looking to educate myself a little more so don't just quit the gym. Be more confident inside the gym.

Replies

• jwolford90
    jwolford90 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Try googling workouts for beginners. Those are very helpful. The best advice I can give is to start slow and make sure you're comfortable. Starting the journey of working out is like rolling a snowball down a hill. It's small at first, but the farther you go the bigger and stronger you become. Workout on machines in the beginning so that you understand the concepts of working out, then work your way to free weights. However, some people stay on machines and that's okay. Treadmills and ellipticals are great ways to form cardio endurance. You can listen to music or watch netflix on your phone/tablet to make the time go by faster while doing those. Good luck :)
  • socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi:

many gyms have a "free personal training" session for new members. Try to use it . You have to share your goal with the trainer. I have a personal training session once a week and I found it very beneficial to improve my weight lifting technique and new exercise ideas.
    Good luck in your healthy journey