I Need Pizza Recipes...Stat!

Options
2»

Replies

• chris2267
    chris2267 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have made this one and it is very good. Not as solid as a regular crust, however it is delicious.
  • crrc78
    crrc78 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    All of the ideas above are great - our one trick that makes pizza taste even better (and a bit more special) is to grill it! We use our gas grill pretty often, but all you have to do is spray your grill with non-stick spray, either use fresh/raw pizza dough or any of the suggestions for pita/flat bread and assemble it right on the grill. Close the top and the cheese will melt while the bottom bakes.
    It's so much better than from the oven!

Also, experiment with other sauces - we like Thai Peanut, BBQ and Salsa.

Oh, the other one we've starting making is a mexican EGG pizza... scramble some egg, egg white or egg beaters and use it as your meat on the pizza with salsa, veggies and cheese.... SOOOO GOOD!
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    My husband loves pizza. He would eat it every day if I let him. ~_^ So these are some of my go-to pizza recipes.

Kaldorei Pizza
    http://afkdinner.blogspot.com/2011/03/kaldorei-pizza.html

Poor Man's Pizza Rolls
    http://afkdinner.blogspot.com/2011/02/poor-mans-pizza-rolls.html

Pauper's Pizza Party
    http://afkdinner.blogspot.com/2011/01/paupers-pizza-party.html
  • katberz
    katberz Posts: 123
    Options
    I was intrigued by "Kaldorei Pizza" being a WoW player and was not disappointed! Thanks for sharing those links! *runs straight to the Raid Night category*
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I was intrigued by "Kaldorei Pizza" being a WoW player and was not disappointed! Thanks for sharing those links! *runs straight to the Raid Night category*

Hehe! You're welcome ^_^
  • Ninerz113
    Ninerz113 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    People have already mentioned it but I use whole wheat pitas or Engligh Muffins to make pizzas with. They are delicious!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Being a cheese-hating household pizza is easy for us, it's just higher in carbs than most of our dinners.

Try the cali-crust pizza that is posted here on MFP to minimize carbs (haven’t tried it yet though since again, pizza cals aren’t a problem for us, 1/2 a large each is 400 cals and 2g fat) replace pepperoni with cooked chicken breast, put a massive amount of veggies on and greatly reduce the amount of cheese.
  • oBirdieo
    oBirdieo Posts: 148
    Options
    Whole Wheat Flax seed pizza crust

Ingredients
    2.25 tsp. active dry yeast
    1 c. warm water
    2 c. whole wheat flour
    1/4 c flax seed meal
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbsp honey or brown sugar

Directions .. you can make 2 smaller pizzas with this ... roll out thin ..
    Mix yeast and honey or brown sugar in warm water. Sprinkle yeast on top. Let sit 10 minutes until foamy. In large bowl, mix flour and flax seed meal with salt. Add yeast mixture. Mix until all flour is incorporated. Knead approx. five minutes. Let rise 20-30 minutes. Roll out, place on pizza pan or stone . poke with fork several times. Bake in 350 degree oven for 5-10 minutes.

Brush pizza with olive oil, sprinkle with ore gano and some garlic powder ( not garlic salt) add tomato sauce ...
    Put your topping on ... watch your ingredients .. fats etc. I like it with peppers, onions, mushrooms and some spinach ( frozen with water squeezed out)
    . Return to oven & bake at 425F for 10-12 minutes more, until veggies are cooked & crust is slightly brown.

This sounds nice -- marking for the next time I make pizza!
  • Angiebug1969
    Angiebug1969 Posts: 152
    Options
    Chicken Enchilada Pizza (DITTO on all the Tortilla Pizza recipes!!)
    This is usually a day or two after we've had fajitas...

I use whole grain flour tortilla
    Enchilada sauce
    left over mexican chicken (spicy or not... whatever I have)
    left over grilled/sauteed peppers & onion
    lightly sprinkle with shredded cheese

Bake at 350* until cheese is melted & starting to brown
  • TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I use either "flat-outs", or low carb tortillas (80 cals for a large one) and use that as my crust. Add some pizza sauce and your toppings (lots of veggies) and a small amount of cheese (I use 1/3 cup) and bake. Depending on your toppings, it could be anywhere from 200 cals to the 350 range. It makes a very crispy crust, which I love and it satisfies my pizza craving. In fact it's on the menu for me tonight!

that is such a good idea! I'm going to try that this week at some point! I usually use pitta bread split in 2 then tomato puré then semi cooked chicken and parma ham with mozzerella cheese on top and put n the oven for about 10 mins or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to make your own, Schwan's has a couple of frozen pizzas that use whole wheat crust, roasted veggies and light on the cheese. The nutrition isn't bad at all on them and they taste good. I don't currently have one to look up the nutrition. They will even deliver right to your door. They have a decent website.

Also, pita, tortilla and english muffin pizzas. Ditto to others. Yum.
  • pannacottayum
    pannacottayum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    WARNING: Devilspeak to follow....

I have to say, there are certain foods that a can't/won't modify. Pizza is one of those foods. Turkey pepperoni, pita pizza's, cauliflower crusts (?!) Heresy! Go out and get and get your favorite slice. Love your slice, savor your slice, and be satisfied by your slice. Work hard for it at the gym, and don't do it too often. That's my take.
  • Lyndzo
    Lyndzo Posts: 142
    Options
    I use whole-wheat pitas with pizza sauce. I chop up fresh veggies and sprinkle about 1/4 cup of skim-milk mozza cheese and bake for about 5 mins.

Now that I've read the above I am going to check out some of these too! :)
  • capricorn144
    capricorn144 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    WARNING: Devilspeak to follow....

I have to say, there are certain foods that a can't/won't modify. Pizza is one of those foods. Turkey pepperoni, pita pizza's, cauliflower crusts (?!) Heresy! Go out and get and get your favorite slice. Love your slice, savor your slice, and be satisfied by your slice. Work hard for it at the gym, and don't do it too often. That's my take.

I make my own pita ones that are " good " ....but I have to agree with the poster above....IF you really want your favorite Pizza...then buy it by the slice...have a salad with it if you eat in the Pizza place or take it home and enjoy it or even two slices.
    I think that is a fair compromise.
    I love Papa Gino's thin crust. They sell 2 slice to take out. I don't have it often but that is what I order if I get it. I could make myself eat a whole Pizza I love it so much. But truly after the first slice the taste never is any better than first one.. if you are eating and tasting consciously and enjoying ...and not just stuffing. (that is the old me)

So go for it... but only take home 2 Slices max. then declare victory!:happy:
  • complicatedmoves
    complicatedmoves Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Have you been to the website www.hungry-girl.com/, she has a lot of recipes and LOTS of PIZZA recipes. She had a few of them on her television show the other day. All are under 300 calories...there are three recipes at the link below.... a sample is below.

http://www.hungry-girl.com/show/episodes/you-wanna-pizza-me

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 200 calories, 3.25g fat, 930mg sodium, 33g carbs, 7g fiber, 7g sugars, 17g protein -- PointsPlus® value 5*

Prep: 10 minutes
    Cook: 20 minutes

Click to download a printer-friendly version!

1 large low-fat, high-fiber, burrito-size tortilla with about 100 calories (like this kind by La Tortilla Factory)

1/3 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
    1 tbsp. shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    1/4 cup thinly sliced onion

1/4 tsp. garlic powder

1/8 tsp. salt, or more to taste
    Dash black pepper

4 thin slices plum tomato
    4 fresh basil leaves

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Put tortilla on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven until slightly crispy, 3 - 5 minutes per side. Leave oven on.

In a small bowl, mix ricotta cheese with mozzarella cheese. Set aside.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened and slightly browned, about 5 minutes. Immediately stir onion into cheese mixture. Add garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and mix well.

Spread cheese-onion mixture evenly on top of the tortilla. Top with tomato slices and basil leaves. If you like, sprinkle with a dash of salt.

Return pizza to the oven and bake until hot, about 5 minutes. Slice and enjoy. Pizza for one!

MAKES 1 SERVING