Where to buy a quality digital scale ??

Options
looking to weigh body fat % etc. where can I find a digital scale and what is a good brand ??
Thanks!

Replies

• IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Scales which measure your body fat percentage are a no-go in my eyes, the results can be changed quite easily by hydration levels etc. Best to stick to a pair of body fat calipers, they're also a lot cheaper.

Buy a normal digital scale, I would recommend Salter.
  • IvanOcampo
    IvanOcampo Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Yep. As suggested body fat % can't be measured accurately with a scale.

But yourself some callipers from eBay. They're a few dollars and are as accurate as you could possibly need.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I bought a set of calipers off of Amazon. Am I currently happy with the number it shows me? No. But they work well enough...
  • Looncove_Farm
    Looncove_Farm Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I bought an Epica digital scale through Amazon but not a fat% one. Love the scale, its accurate
    At this point im not measuring Body Fat but if I decide to it will be with Calipers.
    I did read some reviews of the BF% scales and the biggest complaint was that they were not very accurate.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    I bought mine at Costco - but they don't always carry them. $16.00. I double check by weighing myself at the Y or at my doctor's office, and so far, they are spot on. I've had them for two years and carry them to a client's office once every two weeks for our "weigh-in" and even so, they are still completely accurate. Again, I am constantly double-checking them. I would not trust any scale to know what my weight body fat % is - how could any scale possibly figure that out?
  • stefng33
    stefng33 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll be getting some calipers and just a good quality digital then!