Options
I am eating the right food excercising and still always look and feel bloated
Anyone have the same problem?
I'm on lactose free milk thinking it might be an intolerance

Replies

• fellowtraveler87
    fellowtraveler87 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Try dropping the dairy altogether and see what happens.

Also keep a close watch on your sodium. You'd be surprised how much is hidden in foods you wouldn't even expect. It is easy to consume way too much without ever adding table salt to your food.
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.

I think I've always been this way, I just never realized it until the weight started coming off. Before, a bloated stomach just looked like a fat stomach. Now, the difference between when I wake up in the morning and after I eat/drink something is significantly more noticeable.

I'm still trying to figure out what's causing mine. Anything particularly greasy or grainy seems to trigger it, which makes me think it might be a mild gluten intolerance problem. But my family does have a history of lactose intolerance, and the creamer in my coffee might be a trigger, as well. Either way, if I don't eat in snack portions, I always bloat, it's just a matter of how severely.

Non-breaded chicken, avoiding cheese, vegetables, and yogurts seem to have helped me. I still experience some bloating with vegetables (broccoli in particular), but it's much more temporary and doesn't give me that "bleh" feeling. However, living in the South, that diet isn't always sustainable.
  • phoenixx866
    phoenixx866 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Try dropping the dairy altogether and see what happens.

Also keep a close watch on your sodium. You'd be surprised how much is hidden in foods you wouldn't even expect. It is easy to consume way too much without ever adding table salt to your food.

This right here.
    You'd be surprised how easily I can go over by 1000mg of sodium daily without ever adding salt (which I don't ever do).
    If you're consistently going over sodium, drink lots and lots of water!
  • minizebu
    minizebu Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Intense exercise can raise cortisol levels and lead to water retention. Just being in a caloric deficit can also raise cortisol levels for that matter.
  • rockmama72
    rockmama72 Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Have you added more fiber than you're used to? It can take some time to adjust to a higher dose, and bloating is the side effect.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    "the right food"? What is that....?

Just because something is technically "healthy", it doesn't mean it's healthy for you. Plenty of healthy foods can make people suffer ill effects - too many fibrous vegies, FODMAPs, salicylates, not just the well known gluten/dairy/nut etc.

I can look 9 months pregnant if I eat the wrong vegies! Not a good look, and is physically uncomfortable
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Also, are you having normal bowel movements? Or excess gas? If youre having any other symptoms besides bloating, see your doctor (pain, heartburn).