New scale weigh different to old ones :(

Options
2»

Replies

• bekim123
    bekim123 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I had to put new batteries in my scale several weeks ago and I immediately weighed 5 pounds heavier...same scale, fresh batteries. I still have one pound to go to get back to my "old batteries" weight. :-(
  • wils5150
    wils5150 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    bekim123 wrote: »
    I had to put new batteries in my scale several weeks ago and I immediately weighed 5 pounds heavier...same scale, fresh batteries. I still have one pound to go to get back to my "old batteries" weight. :-(

This happened to me a few weeks ago plus I was in a lull. Happy to report I am losing again and I am under the old battery weight lol
  • aisha786
    aisha786 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had a cheaper needle scale and hated thay the needle stopping point when weighing changed depending on how I stood. So I bought a bettter branf and that put me and only me at ten pounds heavier than the other scale. My family members are weighing the same. My husband weighs 145 and all scales reflect so.

Dismayed, I bought a new digital scale with lots of fancy options I am weighing 210 on it and 196 on my first one.

I get there will be.differences but why only for me???
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I would go back and edit your first entry and add 8 lbs to your starting weight! :)
  • JenniferInCt
    JenniferInCt Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    I would go back and edit your first entry and add 8 lbs to your starting weight! :)

Yes! Thats what i was thinking too
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    get soemthing of a known weight and see how both scales respond. If its accurate and you are 8 moe than you thought then take the hit and edut your profile as they suggested above. A bit demorlaising, but you will get used to it after a while.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    wizzybeth wrote: »

This is exactly what I did. My new scales (bought about 3 months into my weight loss) weighed 4 pounds more (for not just me--everyone in my family--had to conduct the "experiment" to be sure). I just altered my starting weight.

BooHoo, right? But better for the "bookkeeping" to have a more accurate weight trend.
  • praksindiafit
    praksindiafit Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Just what happened to me.. i have a old weighing scale..which i am/was sure weighs accurately. But have to buy a digital one to measure the weights accurately.. was gonna buy online... thgt let me check personally since wasnt sure abt digital ones.. i checked three stores..all scales showing different weight and yess to my dissapointment..all were 5 to 6 or even 7 kgs higher..than my home scale. .if i were to remove 3 kgs of my clothes etc.. it would still have my 4 kgs different.. dissapointed..But after reading here..i m happy..its same worldwide with digital scales.. will check tmrw with something i knw for sure is the right weight n cross check both scales..till then i m happy with my less weight in my home scale.
  • Lizadizzle
    Lizadizzle Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My mom has one of those fancy body fat % scales that does all sorts of crap, and I have a regular digital scale, sometimes at her house I'll just hop on to see what hers says. I flat out ignore the weight on it because it's always different, either higher or lower, than what mine at home says. The way I figure, like everyone else says, a number is a number, I'm logging my victories in new clothes and feeling bones / muscles I "didn't know" I had. I like the idea of altering your original weight though. Kudos on that idea. :)
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I recently had to get a new scale. There was a three pound difference between my old scale and new scale. Oh well. I didn't change my weight on here, I caught up to the loss on the new scale and have surpassed it. My weight chart shows a little plateau while that was happening, but that's no big deal in the grand scheme of things.

On the whole, I'm glad. I like my new scale because it measures much closer to what the doctor's office and the gym scale measure.