So where do I start ?

i joined the gym about a month ago. We go for about 45 minutes a day 3-4 days a week. But where do I start I will use the treadmill about 15 min. Bike 5-10 , and the rest of the time on the elipitical (can't spell) I say in total I burn off only 250 callories a work out. I feel I should be doing more but i don't know . What's the best machine to lose weight on. Am I moving to quick ?

Replies

• Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Since you're still fairly new to the gym, ask them if they have someone that can show you around to their equipment, and maybe think about picking up a few Personal Trainer sessions, I enjoyed mine and learned a lot of new exercises/machines I would never have tried on my own.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    You lose weight by eating in a calorie deficit. Exercise is good for your health and heart, but you can lose weight without it.
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    If you feel like you need more when you get home, you can also do work out videos from youtube. There are a ton of them
  • JenWott516
    JenWott516 Posts: 4 Member
    Afura wrote: »
    Since you're still fairly new to the gym, ask them if they have someone that can show you around to their equipment, and maybe think about picking up a few Personal Trainer sessions, I enjoyed mine and learned a lot of new exercises/machines I would never have tried on my own.
    I would love to have someone to show me but sadly they don't have any personal trainers there. We go to a wreck center since it's just up the road from us. It's pretty much high school kids who work there so we are all on our own. That's why I'm not sure how to start
  • kristenlarkin
    kristenlarkin Posts: 235 Member
    JenWott516 wrote: »
    I would love to have someone to show me but sadly they don't have any personal trainers there. We go to a wreck center since it's just up the road from us. It's pretty much high school kids who work there so we are all on our own. That's why I'm not sure how to start

A lot of big gyms give you a free week and a free session with a personal trainer. Maybe you can learn from a big gym for a week and then go back to your gym.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 969 Member
    JenWott516 wrote: »

You can probably engage a private personal trainer to show you what to do. Probably not cheap but at least you would know how to maximize your time and effort at the gym. Check the bulletin board. There are probably flyers for trainers right there.