gain weight as PMS ??

Options
Colfiii
Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
Is it normal to gain weight ( couple of pounds or so ) before my period ? Is it water retention ? How much shoud it be approximately ? ( 2 3 pounds or so ? ) thanks

Replies

• StephanieJ82
    StephanieJ82 Posts: 233
    Options
    i always do... pretty sure its water cause i feel pretty bloated,
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I tend to gain 2 to 3 pounds no matter what and I feel bloated. I usually weigh myself on Saturdays. When it happens, I watch my salt intake and drink lots of water. Then I will weigh myself on Tuesday to get my real weight.
  • Kermit82
    Kermit82 Posts: 5
    Options
    I usually do as well. I had a friend tell me that her doctor told her that up to 5 was normal.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    BLAH! I'm going thru the same exact thing right now and my scale is my enemy until this gets out of my system....ugh!
  • nursegessica
    Options
    yep. me too. don't even bother weighing in around that time. good luck to ya!
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
  • ltf304
    ltf304 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Yes it is water retention, I don't even weigh myself during this time. I gain about 5 to 6 pounds sometimes and feel awful for about a week. Fun stuff!! Don't weigh yourself til you're done and everything will go back to normal. :)
  • Colfiii
    Colfiii Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    thanks everybody , I feel much better already ... :)
  • fuzzymel
    fuzzymel Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I gained 4lbs for just over a week then as quickly as it came on it vanished.

Not fun.
  • PinkAndSparkle
    Options
    I have to remind myself where I am in my cycle every time I weight myself. I definitely gain 2-3 lbs around my period and feel like a cow. Yesterday I was double on my sodium intake...so there you go....Isn't being a girl just delightful?!
  • tickletickle
    Options
    Grr i currently am heavier and my weight loss challenge ends in 3 days, so hoping i can drop it before then as im leading by 1-2kg, and i have a close competitor just behind me whos catching real quick. Any tips? im currently drinking heaps and heaps of water!!