Replies

• kiittenforever
    kiittenforever Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    Great idea - having one right now :)
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I say go for it if you like it. I have 2 cups in the morning and put a splash of half and half (Ok, actually a little less than a tablespoon but I log a Tbl.) and no sugar in it.
  • lulucitron
    lulucitron Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    The world can't handle me without my morning coffee lol...or maybe I can't handle the world....ok, both!
  • Freidon
    Freidon Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't go overboard on cream/sugar, it was a good idea for me.

Caffeine helps me suppress my appetite. It's proven to do the same for others. However, if I overindulge on creamer, the sugar in creamer counteracts that. It's all a matter of what works for you.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    JaneiR36 wrote: »
    As example a large coffee with just one cream n sugarvis 120 cals for most places

But How? Granted, I use half and half. One tablespoon = 20 calories. One teaspoon of sugar = 16 calories and I usually use Splenda or sweet n low

Most places will use actual cream unless you specify milk or half/half. 1 tbsp is 51 calories. So figure they use 2 tbsp and the sugar and you're right near 120.

This absolutely depends where you are. Maybe places using actual cream as the default is the norm where you live but it is not in Australia
    Most places use just milk and will usually use skim milk if you ask. And will ask if you want sugar or leave you to put it in yourself

I have coffee with small amount of skim milk and no sweetener. 20 calories.
  • Nibornomis
    Nibornomis Posts: 10 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I see coffee as my daily reward for sticking to healthy choices and yes, I use cream and a sugar substitute. If you enjoy something life is too short to deprive yourself. I've already lost 150 lbs with 80 more to go. Enjoy your coffee!
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have coffee every morning no sugar, just 2% milk. I couldn't function without it!!!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Love me some coffee. For almost two years I was drinking it black, but got burnt out on the folgers so I've been adding my old sugar free creamer to it recently, until I can find some good whole bean coffee that I enjoy the taste of.

Starbucks coffee drinks, however, bad idea!! I remember probably over a year ago I was going really well with counting my calories and eating well, and my mom decided to stop at Starbucks. I figured hell, why not? One venti white mocha won't kill me, right?
    After I drank it, I felt nauseous from all the sugar. I looked up the calories on the Starbucks website and if I remember correctly it was around 700 calories, which was like half my calories allowed for a day! I literally cried!
  • mikkirs
    mikkirs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Coffee (which I truly enjoy in the morning) is a natural diuretic. A diuretic is a something (usually a chemical) that causes the body to pull fluids and make urine. If you like to drink coffee you should follow every ounce with twice that amount of water. You can't count coffee as 'water' on your log because it will cause you to lose internal fluids PLUS pretty much all of the amount of coffee you consumed either as urine and/or feces. Example, one cup of coffee is usually 6-8 ounces you SHOULD then drink 12-16 ounces of water relatively soon. I try to do it within an hour.
    Coffee CAN be good and enjoyed if you don't let your love for coffee and all that you add to it to cause dehydration. Our bodies are mostly water - be kind and hydrate.
  • GoPerfectHealth
    GoPerfectHealth Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Coffee has many nutritional benefits. It is high in antioxidants and is associated with many positive health outcomes.

• lynndot1
    lynndot1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    It's a bad idea to talk to me if I haven't had coffee yet.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I like coffee. The doc suggested i quit it when he told me I had high blood pressure but I didn't and don't intend to. I limit it to one 12 ounce mug made with two heaping Tbsp. ground coffee. Drink it black and have done for 50 years. Proud to say I've never been inside a Starbucks. Used to order green coffee beans from Sweet Maria's. Roasted and ground it myself. Tempted to do it again ... but only drink one mug a day.